NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, he tea bagged some girl 20 years ago when he was still a kid basically.

No its not cool, but he didnt sodomize this girl with the rest of the Vols football team.

And the whole "he gets away with it because hes white" angle from wannabe black Shaun King? Jameson Winston says hello.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, even if he did do it, it's not exactly rape. It definitely crosses a line beyond "boys will be boys" but it was 20 years ago and there have been no similar allegations since so I don't think it's really going to destroy his legacy. Not too surprising that a kid that was elevated as much as Manning was at that university would think he could get away with bad behavior but I think he pretty clearly grew out of it and trying to punish him for it 20 years later just seems stupid.

Well the whole retiring thing will be good for him now between this and the HGH stuff that came out a bit earlier. Kind of funny though, that the older I get the more I realize that there are almost no good guys at the highest level of pro sports. When I was a kid I looked up to all those roided up baseball players and coke sniffing wife beaters that wore a football jersey. Now I just hope to see some good games before they get outed for kiddy diddling or financing a drug lab.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Him ruining her reputation and job prospects and defaming her in his book is definitely more harmful than some bad prank.

Him ruining her reputation and job prospects and defaming her in his book is definitely more harmful than some bad prank.
Yup. I do think people are focusing too much on the actions that started all this when talking about the issue. Manning basically made it a mission to harass and torment her for the better part of a decade after the initial incident. Not only did he defame her in the book, he mailed her a copy of it. Then after he gets sued and has to pay her again for breaching the non disclosure he does it again a couple years later in an espn interview. Manngface wih an axe to grind.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Come over here and lemme give you a dollars worth of balls to the face.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
There is also the point that the article that King wrote only had the prosecutions side of the events that took place. Not to mention the fact that in the original case filings it was nowhere mentioned he put his "testicles and anus" on her. You would think she would have said what it was he did specifically, and not try to change it later after Manning's dumb ass decided to mention the incident in his book. Which funny enough, did not say her name either.

I personally don't care all that much. Manning did the job he was brought in to do; help win a Super Bowl with Denver. The only ones who seem to give a rats ass about it are generally the ones that Manning has made butthurt over the years. I'm looking forward to his retirement.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Cause $20m is a lot of money! You expect them to spend that kind of cash directly on the football team??? Lol.

I guess they still have time to tag him though.
Well they aren't spending it on the field they play in either... so yeah.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cause $20m is a lot of money! You expect them to spend that kind of cash directly on the football team??? Lol.

I guess they still have time to tag him though.
Well if they use the tag it'll definitely be $20 million, at least for a year. I wonder if Cousins asked for something stupidly high, and the team is trying to play hardball. Either way, someone is being stupid.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol, if he winds up signing with another team somehow. Just lol.
I have to think the claim that it's not definite they would use the franchise tag on him is a hollow one. Especially since RG3's release is imminent when they figure out no one will trade for him, there really isn't any other option. We don't pick until #21, we're not getting a guy who's ready to start next year there.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Lol could you imagine Cousins making $20m. That would truly highlight how in today's NFL even mediocre QBs can just rake in cash hand over fist.