NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
As a Steelers fan Wallace isn't making me nervous. He had a terrible attitude when he was with the Steelers. If his attitude is still the same he will be nothing but destructive for the Ravens.
Well I said this above but I can tell you with 100% certainty that his attitude was not an issue in Minnesota and that was even with his incredibly limited role.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Here's some quotes from Zimmer:

"I love the kid, I love his heart," coach Mike Zimmer said after the season. "He didn't bitch one time about not getting the ball. He just went and worked every day and tried to get guys better. He loves it here, he loves Teddy. If it can get worked out, I'd like to have him back."
"I was disappointed and really -- I'm disappointed more so that it wasn't the season that he wanted or we wanted," Zimmer said in January. "I say this from my heart: I love this kid. I love the way he works, I love the way he competes. I texted him last night basically and told him the same thing. I said, 'You know, I know this wasn't exactly how we planned it out.' But I love him as a person, a competitor, a football player and I'm disappointed that it didn't pan out the way I envisioned it and that really and honestly, he's always going to be one of my kind of guys. I like this kid."

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bridgewater isn't really purported to have big arm/deep ball strength either right?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
He threw Bridgewater under the bus by saying he wasn't going back to Minnesota because he needed a better quarterback. That's a pretty shitty attitude to have.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Skins signed Galette for 1 year, ~$4 million. Could be a total steal if he can stay healthy. Our pass rush could be pretty scary with Galette, Kerrigan, and Preston Smith.

Hopefully Galette goes crazy this year for 10+ sacks and earns himself a massive contract somewhere else to bring us a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2018.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Cleveland Browns cut Karlos Dansby, Dwayne Bowe

Bowe became the poster child for the dysfunction of the team in 2015. He was one of the worst free-agent signings in team history. He was given a two-year, $12.5 million deal a year ago after he was released by Kansas City. The Browns guaranteed $9 million of that contract. For that money, they got five receptions for 53 yards.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's the story with Dansby? I feel like he should still be serviceable.

Some competitive team will pick up Bowe and he'll be productive again.

Edit: Read the article. I guess Dansby is still good, it's just that they're a crap team and are cutting him loose. Seems kind of a dick move to hold onto him this long, instead of cutting him earlier. It also makes no damn sense because half of it is dead money. Does anyone know if that means the team that picks him up can use the dead money (owed money) to lower his cap hit? I know the Redskins aren't active in FA this year, but that would be seriously tempting.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Does anyone know if that means the team that picks him up can use the dead money (owed money) to lower his cap hit?
No. That's money he was guaranteed and has already been paid by the Browns. Him signing another team will have no impact on it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wouldn't mind seeing Dansby on the Bengals. LB is one of the weaker corps.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Martellus Bennett traded to the Patriots, according to Schefter.

Teams finalizing deal, but Chicago and New England are expected to swap mid-to-late round picks in exchange for Martellus Bennett.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
He threw Bridgewater under the bus by saying he wasn't going back to Minnesota because he needed a better quarterback. That's a pretty shitty attitude to have.
There is a whole thread on Daily Norseman basically going over how the issue isn't really on Bridgewater, moreso on Wallace's inability to actually catch a damn ball. They have like 30 gifs of him dropping blatantly easy catches. If the ball doesn't land in his arms directly, then he cannot catch as he does not give any effort to get to the ball. Diggs is 20x the WR he is and there is a reason Wallace has been shit nearly everywhere he's gone after the Steelers, and it is more on him than his QBs. Bridgewater definitely has room to grow on his deep ball throws, but his O-Line didn't help him either.

Diggs: 654 snaps/720 yards (1.10 yds/sn)
Wallace: 751 snaps/473 yards (0.63 yds/sn)

wallacedrop.gif

Wallace_drop.0.gif

koalas.gif

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Martellus Bennett traded to the Patriots, according to Schefter.

Teams finalizing deal, but Chicago and New England are expected to swap mid-to-late round picks in exchange for Martellus Bennett.
Looks like they finally decided TE was an important position.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bennett on the Patriots will be obscene. If he, Gronk, Edelman, and Amendola can stay healthy, that's scary.

I can't believe they let him go for a mid-late round pick.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bridgewater at his best is a mediocre NFL QB.

Wallace will do well in Baltimore, fantasy steal this year imo

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you get points for jump ball PI's, sure. He can't catch a cold. He's Ted Ginn with worse hands.