NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cowboys fans can be insufferable, but at least we have been consistent. Your average "Pats fan" is a d-bag bandwagoner since Brady came along. Face it, ya'lls are d-bags due to modern times, while at least Boy's fans have hung through the last two decades of mediocrity at best. I'm curious how much of this Pats fandom will exist once Brady and Bellicheat are done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I get the idea of passing on backs because of value. But you don't pass on guys, that good. Is he going to be Adrian Peterson? No. But you are talking about a guy, that is as good as a bet as anyone to stay healthy at that position. We were able to run the ball some last year, and some of our success is predicated on having much better QB play, but he is a massive improvement. Elite RB's are undervalued in this league.

Very solid chance at least 3 backs are going first round next year. RB talent the last 10 years has been pretty barren, it's getting better & teams are going to take some big bets on guys like Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, and Chubb (Chubb is probably a 30s pick).

moontayle

Golden Squire
Laurent Robinson. Basically a nobody WR. Never more than 2 TD in a year over previous four with Falcons and Rams. Comes to Dallas. Basically doubles his yardage production over 14 games and has 11 TDs on top of that. Lands a nice contract with Jacksonville. Out of the league the year after. I hope he gave Romo a nice Christmas gift that year.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Cowboys fans can be insufferable, but at least we have been consistent. Your average "Pats fan" is a d-bag bandwagoner since Brady came along. Face it, ya'lls are d-bags due to modern times, while at least Boy's fans have hung through the last two decades of mediocrity at best. I'm curious how much of this Pats fandom will exist once Brady and Bellicheat are done.

Brady has been around for 16 years. What fucking bandwagon are you talking about. I'm 32, which is about the average age for this board if I had to guess. Literally my whole NFL sports following has been with Brady. As a kid and early high schooler obviously you follow the local team but you don't become a diehard follower until you're older.

On one hand you say Brady band wagoners for 16 years and then you say Cowboys have followed mediocrity for 20 years. You make no fucking sense. The NFL is a wagon and fans of all teams will continue to follow their own teams for as long as it continues. There were fans before Brady and with Brady, all of which consisted before this board, and are some of the best in the NFL, not sure you caught the Brady chants at the Cleveland game.

But continue to let the hate flow, it's literally what keeps me at this board, your tears fuel us. Look for the Pats in February.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Brady has been around for 16 years. What fucking bandwagon are you talking about. I'm 32, which is about the average age for this board if I had to guess. Literally my whole NFL sports following has been with Brady. As a kid and early high schooler obviously you follow the local team but you don't become a diehard follower until you're older.

On one hand you say Brady band wagoners for 16 years and then you say Cowboys have followed mediocrity for 20 years. You make no fucking sense. The NFL is a wagon and fans of all teams will continue to follow their own teams for as long as it continues. There were fans before Brady and with Brady, all of which consisted before this board, and are some of the best in the NFL, not sure you caught the Brady chants at the Cleveland game.

But continue to let the hate flow, it's literally what keeps me at this board, your tears fuel us. Look for the Pats in February.
helmet_catch.jpg

moontayle

Golden Squire
People seem to forget they were in the Super Bowl against the Packers in '96 and only had three losing seasons in the 20 years hence (and none in this century). Consistent success will breed a cocky fandom and if all they've known is success, then an insufferably cocky fandom.

That's fine. It's what fandoms are for. And they'll be fine post-Brady as long as Belichick keeps on. I figure he will, just to prove it wasn't Brady who got him there.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Where were all these ball polishers after the Bills game? This is why Boston fans are actually worse than LA fans. You don't disappear when your team has a shit week if you aren't some fairweather faggot.

• 2Cutler

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How you skins fans feeling about this weeks game?

Every week is new territory for the eagles. So hard to predict how we will respond after last week. I'll say that we basically played a horrible half on defense and then got it together so I think we will be ok there. Just these divionsal games are a toss up. I think it's really a matter of how well Washington plays on D that will determine the outcome.

• 2Cutler

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Consistent success will breed a cocky fandom and if all they've known is success, then an insufferably cocky fandom.

That's exactly it. All he's ever known is the Brady era. That gives you no frame of reference to have any sense of perspective or humility. Instead of being thankful, you act entitled. Doesn't help that people from the Boston area are literally the most obnoxious asshole sports fans on the east coast.*

*(Source: Orioles/Red Sox and Ravens/Pats games visitors.)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure I agree with that. Romo makes average receivers like Austin Miles look like superstars

I mean Romo seems to look for Dez more. Dez's numbers away from Romo are pretty pedestrian. He's been hurt though, so we'll have to see him play more with Dak to see if that holds true.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Every week is new territory for the eagles. So hard to predict how we will respond after last week. I'll say that we basically played a horrible half on defense and then got it together so I think we will be ok there. Just these divionsal games are a toss up. I think it's really a matter of how well Washington plays on D that will determine the outcome.

I'm not sure really. Cousins has played very well against Philly in the past. Also our D suddenly had a good game against Baltimore. It'll come down to if our D can do anything to slow down Wentz and if our offense can handle your D. I'd say you guys should be a slight favorite, but who knows with the division games like you said. It's a big game, obviously.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I still think the Redskins have one of the worst defenses I've ever seen. Somehow they tightened up in the 2nd half against the Ravens, but the front 7 is bad and Joe Barry is worse (who hires someone from the 0-16 Lions, for fucks sake?).

They'll only win if it's a shoot out, and I don't have enough confidence in Cousins to not fuck that up.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I still think the Redskins have one of the worst defenses I've ever seen. Somehow they tightened up in the 2nd half against the Ravens, but the front 7 is bad and Joe Barry is worse (who hires someone from the 0-16 Lions, for fucks sake?).

They'll only win if it's a shoot out, and I don't have enough confidence in Cousins to not fuck that up.
Lane Johnson suspension upheld

Should help out.

• 1Cutler

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lane is a big loss but they've known for a while now this would happen so I hope they prepared properly. There was a plan to move over Barbre but it's starting to sound like they may take a different approach.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I am 50. been a patriots fan for life (basically since 1973ish), i know the pain those people with the shitty teams are feeling. my favorite QB prior to brady was Steve Grogan, i watched the 85 debacle vs "da bears"

note its interesting going back and looking at the records- one mistake i see in the old records is they list baltimore as the Ravens...they were the COLTS back then. and houston -the oilers....
74- missed playoffs
75 - missed playoffs- we sucked 3 wins
76 - lost first round playoffs
77- missed playoffs
78 -lost first round
79- missed playoffs
80- missed playoffs
81 missed playoffs- we sucked 2 wins
82 lost first round- strike year reduced schedule
83 missed playoffs
84 missed playoffs
85 destroyed in superbowl
86 lost first round
87 missed playoffs

from 74-87 playoffs 5 times- superbowl once and except for the superbowl year...lost in the first round every time.

so all you browns, bills, detroit etc fans...i feel your pain because i experienced it- the patriots WERE the dregs of the league back when i started watching them.

now of course with brady and BB, we are spoiled when it comes to football- and we love it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I work with a dude who is older and was a Pats season ticket holder for a while start in the 80s. He has no sense of humility either. In fact he's pretty typical Boston fan blowhard. He seriously thinks Bill Russell is the best basketball player ever. You can't even argue with stupid at that level.

• 1Like