NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Would anyone think Mariota should be benched? Or that he doesn't throw to WRs?

He wouldn't get benched simply b/c they're 1st in their division and winning games, while Buffalo has gotten beat pretty badly in their past 2 games. McCoy has also had a pretty down year for him overall (aside from a couple big games), whereas Titans basically have 2 starting RB's in Murray and Henry.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tyrod is shit.

Goff is tearing it up with the exact same dudes. Which just makes the Bills look even more fucking retarded they couldnt identify this before you know, they got rid of both Watkins and Woods.

That franchise is trash.

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why in the fuck would the Vikings change QBs at this point? Keep on rolling with Case til he fucks up. Guess we will see what hes made of because they have sum tough games coming up

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Worse than the Browns?

Impossible. They've had four 11+ win seasons since 1953. In comparison. the Jags were formed in 1995 and have three 11+ win seasons and Cincy has three since 2005. No one Browns like the Browns.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Why in the fuck would the Vikings change QBs at this point? Keep on rolling with Case til he fucks up. Guess we will see what hes made of because they have sum tough games coming up

yeah, i think case is better than he gets credit for. consistency problems in the past, but he's been on for awhile now. i think my lions have their work cut out for them if they want to win the nfc north.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The answer to this question is obvious. Despite most everyone thinking the Browns finally had a good draft, only one team in the league is still without a victory.
Well, apparently Lebron thinks they should have drafted Watson.

• 1Worf

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Hindsight is awesome. Everyone in the NFL wishes they had drafted him.

Bills are trash but glad new management is moving on from him.

Woods didnt really produce to the money he got so I get why they let him move but I did want him back. Watkins is still not playing like the money he wants next year so I also get the trade. They were too quick to just dump anyone from the prior regime though and most fans would have gladly kept sammy.

But lets not pretend Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Mathews, Zay Jones and Charles clay are bums. The team has weapons.

McCoy is down this year but honestly hes facing 8 man fronts and hes had about 150 yards called back on penalties. Hes still the explosive player he has been but the QB and Line are worthless. Im excited to see where this goes. Either a better draft pick or Peterman is good. Just got tired of praying for Tyrod to get it. Bills would be at least 7-2 with any other starting NFL QB (Would have beat Carolina - scored 3 points - and Bengals, Maybe even Jets)

Last edited by a moderator:

Merrith

I mean, it's pretty obvious they should have. I've already gone into detail about the hilarious mistakes Cleveland man in the 2014 draft (moving down from 4 to 9, picking up Buffalo's 2015 1st in the process, still missing on guys like OBJ, then moving up later in the 1st to take Manziel instead of standing pat and getting Carr or Bridgewater, then fucking up that 2015 1st they got from the Bills as well)...but this has the potential to be even worse.

No doubt Cleveland got a ridiculous haul from Philly for the 2nd overall pick in 2016 draft (Philly's 1st, 3rd, and 4th in 2016, their 1st in 2017, and a 2nd in 2018)...but Philly turned that into Wentz, meaning Browns already missed out on a potential franchise QB there...and Watson was taken at #12 in this past draft, one of the picks Cleveland had gotten from Philly for the pick that became Wentz. In exchange for the pick Houston used on Watson, Cleveland got the #25 pick in the 1st round this past year (used on Jabril Peppers, who has been underwhelming in his rookie year), and Houston's 1st round pick next year (2018, obviously no idea who Cleveland will get with this pick).

Philly actually got a 1st round pick in 2017 Draft back from Minnesota when they traded Bradford to them, which they used on Derek Barnett who's been decent in his rookie year.

Fuck this is getting super crazy to keep track of and I regret starting this...but here is who Cleveland has gotten with the picks from the original Wentz deal.

2016 picks acquired from Philly:
#8 (1st round) - Browns actually traded down again (jfc) with Tennessee moving this pick and a 6th rounder for Tennessee's 2016 1st and 3rd round picks (#15 and #76), as well as Tennessee's 2017 2nd round pick
-> those fucking picks: #15 (1st round) Corey Coleman WR, only played in 13 games total since being drafted, hasn't been anything special
#76 (3rd round) Shon Coleman OT, nothing special so far
#52 (2nd round 2017) DeShone Kizer QB, currently winless and part of their QB carousel.

Yeah fuck it the made even more trades with the 3rd and 4th round shit in 2016, but none of them for guys of note. Bottom line, they've missed out on both Wentz and Watson while apparently not really getting anyone of note besides an average starter or two, and some guys who still could develop/depth players.

Should be noted they still have an extra 1st round pick next year from the Watson pick trade with Houston and an extra 2nd round pick next year from the Wentz pick trade with Philly.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Merrith

TLDR; The Browns are fucking stupid, and continue to pass up on potential franchise QB's...even if I liked 2 of their 1st round picks this year.

• 1Like

Merrith

If Fisher gets another head coaching job...I just can't even.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Watch the Bengals hire him. I don't know if I could bare it. Can you imagine Dalton in a Fisher-run offense? Dear god.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I wonder how much the appeal process cost the legal system, NFL and NFLPA. Financially and from a reputation standpoint.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I just can't imagine anyone taking a chance on Fisher again. He literally had like 3 good seasons in his entire career. Sure, if you are fine with your team hovering around .500 or below, go ahead and bring him in.