NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also, honestly, with the Bears...yeah Trubinsky has been pretty bad overall but I think a lot of their issues is that the league has sorta figured out Nagy's offensive scheme. That, and his refusal to establish the run as much as he should in a few games this year.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's unlikely anyone takes him. Even if he's kept in shape, which I doubt, thats what three years of rust after a brief career in which he already proved he doesn't have what it takes to start in the NFL?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I could see a team offering him low pay back up spot and go from there if he would be willing to do that.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Didn't I read stories linked here that teams offered him that kind of shit in the past and he turned it down because he wants to be the starter and make a ton of money? I guess maybe he's realized it's not gonna happen and would accept it now.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I can't see anyone taking him. Frankly the kept in shape part I can believe, but that doesn't mean shit for not having even experienced an NFL practice in 2+ years. Any team that thinks they could throw him out there in a week or two and expect jack shit is crazy. And this is coming from my opinion of him as a QB which I'm pretty sure is a lot higher than most of you...although still not anything higher than a fringe starter/decent backup when he left (which again, was over 2 years ago).

• 2Solidarity

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Bears, jets, bengals, dolphins, titans and bucs all need QB help. One of these shit teams should take him just for the PR and small chance at a qb

Merrith

Bears, jets, bengals, dolphins, titans and bucs all need QB help. One of these shit teams should take him just for the PR and small chance at a qb

Dolphins and Bengals will draft a QB next year. Jets are stuck with Darnold for at least 2 more years. I don't know what the Titans will end up doing other than cutting ties with Mariota. No way he gets that job back with what Tannehill has done since taking over.

Arians still seems to have faith in Winston...dude is just a turnover machine and I'm not sure that'll ever change. He throws for a ton and a decent amount of TD's, but I don't know if it even comes close to making up for the turnovers. Not that their defense helps giving up 31 points a game, turnovers or not.

Bears are the one team I could actually see needing some sort of QB help next year. I don't think they'll draft high enough to get one of the top prospects, and trading up to take Trubinsky over Mahomes/Watson should have their front office gun shy about trying to move up again.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Giants should be panicking pretty hard right now.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Hell no unless the Jets want him. The media has tried and succeeded at hiding how fucking terrible this guy was for most of his career. He averaged less than 200 yards passing a game his entire career and every season but one in his career. His overall comp % is under 60%. He averaged ONE passing TD a game. ONE A GAME. His ONLY two redeeming factors were running and taking care of the football. He's a one trick pony that never really learned how to run a NFL offense even to the degree Trubisky has. Teams will easily gameplan against his legs and then he has nothing to give. He doesn't have the ability to learn much further than a one read offense and needed some of the best defenses ever to ensure San Fran never needed a shoot-out to win ballgames. Lamar is such a huge upgrade in just his second year. Hell, Allen is an upgrade and just about as accurate. Colin has no 'learning' upside. He's no rookie so his terrible numbers would only get worse.

I could go on for pages and pages about his failures and weaknesses but I'll just end with this...No other QB in history has had his flaws whitewashed as much as this loser. Dilfer was a better QB and he gets shit on all the time. That, and he'd be on a shit team that couldn't hide his massive flaws. I'd love to see him crash and burn but the excuses would just increase past the retardation we've heard the past three years. Just draft a QB and save your fans the embarrassment of having to cheer for him.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I hope the first drill they run through is standing for the national anthem.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Hell no unless the Jets want him. The media has tried and succeeded at hiding how fucking terrible this guy was for most of his career. He averaged less than 200 yards passing a game his entire career and every season but one in his career. His overall comp % is under 60%. He averaged ONE passing TD a game. ONE A GAME. His ONLY two redeeming factors were running and taking care of the football. He's a one trick pony that never really learned how to run a NFL offense even to the degree Trubisky has. Teams will easily gameplan against his legs and then he has nothing to give. He doesn't have the ability to learn much further than a one read offense and needed some of the best defenses ever to ensure San Fran never needed a shoot-out to win ballgames. Lamar is such a huge upgrade in just his second year. Hell, Allen is an upgrade and just about as accurate. Colin has no 'learning' upside. He's no rookie so his terrible numbers would only get worse.

I could go on for pages and pages about his failures and weaknesses but I'll just end with this...No other QB in history has had his flaws whitewashed as much as this loser. Dilfer was a better QB and he gets shit on all the time. That, and he'd be on a shit team that couldn't hide his massive flaws. I'd love to see him crash and burn but the excuses would just increase past the retardation we've heard the past three years. Just draft a QB and save your fans the embarrassment of having to cheer for him.

It's ironic you bring up taking care of the football as many people post that pick of his 4 Int game (99% probably having no idea that represents over 13% of his career Int). I would note that his passing and TD's per game stats are affected by the fact he averaged must less attempts per game than more prolific QB's. His TD% and yards per attempt are very in line with someone like Matt Stafford, just one guy averaged 25 attempts a game, while Stafford averages 38 a game (38 is actually pretty crazy high, Rodgers is like a 33 while Brady/Manning were around 35). I agree some of his flaws were covered up, but I'd also point out many of the people who shit on him pile on so much that wasn't just on him, as well (stuff like his record his last year, despite being on an utter trash roster with no receivers and the dead last D in the entire league). Even the year he went to the Super Bowl, as good as that defense was for most of the year, they weren't holding their opponents to 14 or less every game or something.

Dude was never as good as some made him out to be, and I have serious doubts he's worth a shit to anyone after this much time away...but his last year and going into 2017 he was still fringe starter/good backup quality QB.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's ironic you bring up taking care of the football as many people post that pick of his 4 Int game (99% probably having no idea that represents over 13% of his career Int). I would note that his passing and TD's per game stats are affected by the fact he averaged must less attempts per game than more prolific QB's. His TD% and yards per attempt are very in line with someone like Matt Stafford, just one guy averaged 25 attempts a game, while Stafford averages 38 a game (38 is actually pretty crazy high, Rodgers is like a 33 while Brady/Manning were around 35). I agree some of his flaws were covered up, but I'd also point out many of the people who shit on him pile on so much that wasn't just on him, as well (stuff like his record his last year, despite being on an utter trash roster with no receivers and the dead last D in the entire league). Even the year he went to the Super Bowl, as good as that defense was for most of the year, they weren't holding their opponents to 14 or less every game or something.

Dude was never as good as some made him out to be, and I have serious doubts he's worth a shit to anyone after this much time away...but his last year and going into 2017 he was still fringe starter/good backup quality QB.
Maybe he should have had a job 3 years ago but that amount of time off just makes it real unlikely he'll be worth a shit now.

Merrith

Maybe he should have had a job 3 years ago but that amount of time off just makes it real unlikely he'll be worth a shit now.

I agree, been saying this for awhile now. It might have been a thing in 2017, but 2 and a half years or however long away? Zero chance he can contribute in any meaningful way currently. Just being in shape still (if he is) doesn't change that.