Potato del Grande
"Man this MLB sign stealing scandal is really bad!"

Gayle Benson - "Hold my gumbo!"

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I am hearing they asked for PR advice and the Saints helped by saying “tell the truth, be transparent and contact the police “

not exactly covering up anything. We shall see

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It doesn't really sound like the saints did anything wrong. Even if they gave them PR advice it doesn't mean they were burying bodies or anything.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Uh, that's what the saints are saying and yet they're suing to not have the emails released. I'll go ahead and not take them at their word.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Doesn’t seem like a stretch from pr to cover up or trying to discredit victims

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Joe Namath is in the HoF essentially because of a cool historic moment, so Eli gets in on that metric alone. I think he also gets in on his stats as he has more wins than a ton of HoF QBs (for example), in addition to things others mentioned earlier in the thread.

Anyway, rooting for Andy Reid and Team Gravy next week. Go Chiefs!

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Joe Namath is in the HoF essentially because of a cool historic moment, so Eli gets in on that metric alone. I think he also gets in on his stats as he has more wins than a ton of HoF QBs (for example), in addition to things others mentioned earlier in the thread.

He has a lot of total wins because he played a lot longer than most qbs. He's 11th in total wins, but 3rd in total losses. Only 1 HoF QB has more losses than he does and that's Favre who started 76 more games than he did and has 2 more losses. He has the worst win % of anyone with 91+ wins. You have to go down to Testeverde for the most wins for a QB with a worse win percentage than Eli. The 91+ win club is 32 dudes.

• 2Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yeah Eli has bad stats, but two big moments. Some guys get in the hall of fame by piling up numbers, other guys get in by somehow beating an unstoppable juggernaut in the super bowl twice.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah Eli has bad stats, but two big moments. Some guys get in the hall of fame by piling up numbers, other guys get in by somehow beating an unstoppable juggernaut in the super bowl twice.
Yeah if he gets in it's because of those 2 playoff runs. His regular season stats and other playoff appearances were bad by HoF standards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Yeah if he gets in it's because of those 2 playoff runs. His regular season stats and other playoff appearances were bad by HoF standards.

I agree and think the 2 Super Bowl wins against Brady in his prime are good enough for me

Sterling

El Presidente
I agree and think the 2 Super Bowl wins against Brady in his prime are good enough for me
Which is totally fine, but people keep bringing up his overall stats to help their case with his HoF case when it ends up having the opposite effect.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Why would they use non QBs in the QB skill contest? I mean Landry, Adams and Jackson have no business in a precision throwing contest along side Russel Wilson and Captain Kirk.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I watched the Aaron Hernandez documentary. True sociopath. Think if he wasn't so sloppy he could have gotten away with it for a long time because he obviously had no sense of guilt or remorse. He just sucked at murdering discretely. NFL player moonlighting as a serial killer.

I am on Team Alex when it comes to the Aaron Hernandez story. With a little tweaking, could be turned into a loveablemug char.

AH: "I've killed several people."
BB: "We do not judge here, Aaron."
AH: <sobs>
BB: <rests hand on top of AH's head> "All I require is that you run the slant."
AH: I want it! I want it all!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I haven't watched the pro bowl in a few years. When did it become 2 hand touch?