NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
damn, get personal foul for lowering your head then break you team mates neck.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't know how they don't just grind it out with Lindsay more. Freeman is good, but Lindsay clearly better overall.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Here comes another case where they should go for 2, but for "drama" they kick the XP. Down 24-15, 2:15 left and 2 timeouts left. Sure, you're still technically "1 score" down at 24-16, but now if you wait until the last second after another TD to go for 2 and you don't get it, you're screwed.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Holding Denver to zero sacks while missing your LG and RG is a beautiful thing!

P.S. FUCK AB!

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
My feelings after three seasons, going on four, with the same old shit from Denver
giphy.gif

• 2Worf

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Belichick is going to troll everyone and devise a game plan where AB is the focal point of the offense.

I can see Brady throwing to AB early and often, 14 targets or so, maybe more. Belichick purposely gets his new guys involved, (Gordon, Moss, Welker) and if a guy produces, he will feed them even more. (Gronk, Hernandez, Edelman)

Brady spreads it around and finds the open guy, but the Patriots arent afraid of favoring a certain receiver. Brown will probably end up with 170 yards receiving and 2 TDS, maybe 9 catches.

edit: what's even more fucked up is opponents arent going to be able to consistently send help AB's way as leaving Gordon 1 on 1 will get them burned deep.

Last edited:

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
didn't watch the raiders game last night but watched the saint's Texans game..

Very Good Game. lots of suspense as the saints came back took the lead, and got up by 6, texans then came down to score in like 30 SECONDS to tie and then MISSED the fucking extra point...but WAIT...personal foul roughing the kicker...kick GOOD, that was a VERY ticky tack play to call that on.. the guy was bawling on the sideline cuz he thought he cost his team the lead.

then with 43ish seconds left, saints marched down and with 9 secs left needed like 8 yards to get into FG range.. snap pass,... immediate fall down calling timeout,. 2 seconds left and bam field goal to end it :)

in the FIRST half the Saints got FUCKED at the end of the half....they reviewed a catch and by rule did a 10 sec count off...but they chose the WRONG starting time. the play was over at 43 seconds and then the call for review came @26 seconds.,..they runoff SHOULD have been started at 43 sec not 26 sec..so they got screwed of almost 20 seconds of time (saints missed a long field goal) where they could have gotten closer and either possibly scored or a closer FG attempt.

GOOD game though. (i wanted saints to win cuz texans are a potential opponent in the playoffs for the pats at the end of the year.)

in regards to AB. i honestly do not expect all that much from him in miami, i think it will take 2-3 weeks for him to learn the pats playbook and mesh with the offense however vs the bills i expect him to be a decent target(say 8-9 targets for ~100ish). it all depends on how fast he can pickup the playbook. i DO expect the patriots to attempt to force the ball to him vs the phins and jets game like they did with gordon last year...first few games after they got gordon, they forced the ball to him to help him establish a connection for timing etc with brady and help him learn the playbook..

line vs the dolphins is -19. a few people are expecting the line to hit 21 by game time.

Last edited:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So the shirt on the coffin pretty clearly says 1991. I'm confused what the fuss is about other than the NBA guy throwing hands.

I didn't see the 1991, but what is the significance of that year?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If the Aints had to work their ass off to squeak one out against the Texans, then they are in for a rough year. Their division might be as easy as the AFC East this year, but it won't matter if they pull their usual win at home lose on the road schtick. After all that fucking whining in the offseason, they kicked off the season struggling at home to beat a team they should have been able to just put away. I mean, it was a good game, but no one should be hyped about NO right now. Having said that, pretty much the entire NFC is one big question mark right now.

• 3Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

If the Aints had to work their ass off to squeak one out against the Texans, then they are in for a rough year. Their division might be as easy as the AFC East this year, but it won't matter if they pull their usual win at home lose on the road schtick. After all that fucking whining in the offseason, they kicked off the season struggling at home to beat a team they should have been able to just put away. I mean, it was a good game, but no one should be hyped about NO right now. Having said that, pretty much the entire NFC is one big question mark right now.

Texans were a playoff team last year, probably improved going into this year as well, unless you really think Lamar Miller is a beast or that Clowney was actually elite or something. Not sure why Saints shouldn't feel good about the win...especially when the refs completely fucked them over end of the 1st half again.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah WTF you talking about Phaz. Texans were solid last year and Watson is a legit QB.

I'm holding out hope that the Bengals might actually be slightly better than mediocre. I was more than impressed in their performance on Sunday even if they lost. I expected a blowout in Seattle but the offense was moving the ball very well (record passing yards for Dalton!) and the defense was getting after Wilson while also completely stopping the run game. Plus John Ross actually looked like a top 10 draft pick. Might be a flash in the pan because Seattle overlooked us, but that game went way better than expected. Hoping we slaughter the Niners in Cincy next week.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

The Browns wideout wore a $350,000 watch during the team’s loss to the Titans last Sunday

Gotta keep that motivation up as to why he is a brown.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
UNFORTUNATELY as we all know the first ~5 weeks of the season is the "lets see if the shit we planned on is working" phase of the NFL

look at the patriots- generally they play relatively poorly weeks 1-5ish,,, play better weeks 6-11 and play their best at the end of the season (Barring Injuries)

so team xxx that looks SWEET weeks 1-5 and go 4-1 could ultimately end up not in the playoffs due to the other teams getting their act together/injuries fucking up the season/other factors and that same team that looked AWESOME at the beginning of the year, could suck at the end of the year.

last year the chargers/patriots/indianapolis/philly/dallas started 2-2 and look where they all ended the season at, houston started 1-4 and made the playoffs

Merrith

UNFORTUNATELY as we all know the first ~5 weeks of the season is the "lets see if the shit we planned on is working" phase of the NFL

look at the patriots- generally they play relatively poorly weeks 1-5ish,,, play better weeks 6-11 and play their best at the end of the season (Barring Injuries)

so team xxx that looks SWEET weeks 1-5 and go 4-1 could ultimately end up not in the playoffs due to the other teams getting their act together/injuries fucking up the season/other factors and that same team that looked AWESOME at the beginning of the year, could suck at the end of the year.

last year the chargers/patriots/indianapolis/philly/dallas started 2-2 and look where they all ended the season at, houston started 1-4 and made the playoffs

You're forgetting Colts that started 1-5 I believe...but yeah obviously there's a whole lot of stuff we think we "know" through Week 6, and it'll change as some teams figure stuff out/come together while others come apart. The Pats having somewhat slow starts a semi recent thing, I thought. Just a couple years when they're 2-2 through 4 or 2-3 through 5 games and people freak out over it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Texans were decent last year and picked up one of if not the best left tackle in the league. Being as how their weaknesses were Oline and secondary, they shored up one of their major flaws.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
whoops you are right 1-4 grumble what i get for looking stuff up fast, and then getting interupted at work

Thomas traded to Jets