NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I'm sure an appeal is coming, but the union has to protect the guy(s) he hit to.

EDIT I'm curious what will happen with Humphrey, he was flat out on top of Odell choking him.

I'm gonna laugh if he ends a career with a dirty hit while his appeal is under review.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So I kinda glossed over the quote the first time I read it, but reading it again, it reads as if the appeal has been decided before he even makes it.

“Your contact was unnecessary, flagrant and should have been avoided. For your actions, you were penalized and disqualified from the game. Following each of your previous rule violations, you were warned by me and each of the jointly-appointed appeal officers that future violations would result in escalated accountability measures. However, you have continued to flagrantly abuse rules designed to protect yourself and your opponents from unnecessary risk. Your extensive history of rules violations is factored into this decision.”

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Fairly sure these fines and suspensions are cumulative and don't reset because it's a new year. If anything the NFL has given him enough chances that a year seems like bullshit, should be permanent at this point.

They do reset after a certain amount of time. I remember Suh getting a penalty reduced because he was a "first time offender" despite having a history of being a piece of shit prior

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I kinda glossed over the quote the first time I read it, but reading it again, it reads as if the appeal has been decided before he even makes it.

Welp. Can't get any clearer than that. He's done for the year IMO.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
1. I expected a video of all his cheap shots to be much longer
2. Half of those weren't cheap shots. He just hits hard. You know they were stretching for time when they put in a cheap shot at a camera.

Am disappoint.

Come on man, didn't you listen to the broadcast? Collingsworth told us straight up that having witten out there is like having a Quarterback on the field. Because without him, there would be no QB on the field. Every team should endeavour to find a QB they can put on the fucking field.

Also, collin'sworthless informed us that, unlike every other QB in the league, getting holding penalties on first down really messes up bridgewater's game.

That fucker is senile or something. I remember back in the 90's when he was a good analyst.

My worry is that the saints figured out winslow's play calling tendencies. Cause if they did, everyone else in the league will too.

I was not expecting kamara to be so good and that defensive line just handled our O-line. But I think the crowd noise might have been what made us 1 dimensional. You could see Dak was having trouble checking out of plays. It could be that he wasn't able to call the plays he really wanted. I didn't watch for it, but did we do as much pre-snap shifting as we'd done in previous weeks?

The officiating was shit. They were ticky tack on 2 important PI calls late in the game. Not saying they threw the game because at least they were consistent and called the bullshit both ways, but on the other hand the game is no fun when you call it so damned tight that receivers / DBs can't even touch each other. But then there was all the holding on robert quinn. It's like the refs felt sorry for the fucker who had to block him all night and just stopped looking. I felt sorry for him too. The way Quinn rushes, you don't have any choice but to hold him, apparently. I mean, sure there are double teams, but why bother when you can get away with holding 90% of the time?

Ya my big concern last night was that offense looked a lot like line-shit's offenses the past 2 years and I was hoping those days were behind us. One game though, still a lot of football to be played.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

What was wrong with that block? Was the penalty just because of the taunting? Did they think he was a little high? Looked like he hit him with his shoulder in the chest. Any helmet to helmet contact was incidental.

1569869397979.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What was wrong with that block? Was the penalty just because of the taunting? Did they think he was a little high? Looked like he hit him with his shoulder in the chest. Any helmet to helmet contact was incidental.

View attachment 224751

iirc he was penalized for a peel back, but I thought those relate to hits below the waist so I'm not sure. He was definitely flagged for the taunt.

And you're insane if you think that the helmet to helmet contact was incidental. He lowers and leads with the head.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
iirc he was penalized for a peel back, but I thought those relate to hits below the waist so I'm not sure. He was definitely flagged for the taunt.

And you're insane if you think that the helmet to helmet contact was incidental. He lowers and leads with the head.

Yeah the announcers were saying peel back. But the definition I found for that says it has to be below the waist AND from the back or side. So it was none of the above. It also says the defensive player has to be running towards his own end zone which might have been applicable here. It must have been the taunting.

Dude, I watched the clip about 10 times. I posted a picture of the exact moment of contact. He hit him with his shoulder. The only helmet to helmet was the top of juju's helmet hitting vontaze's facemask. The block could have been executed better, but it would be difficult at full speed. If he'd gotten lower it wouldn't have helped vontaze. That hit was vicious looking only because vontaze wasn't paying attention. Does anyone remember if burfict left the game after that and for how long?

According to the comments, that was gruden saying the hit was bad for the game. lol. That's a problem, but nothing vontaze does is.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah the announcers were saying peel back. But the definition I found for that says it has to be below the waist AND from the back or side. So it was none of the above. It also says the defensive player has to be running towards his own end zone which might have been applicable here. It must have been the taunting.

Dude, I watched the clip about 10 times. I posted a picture of the exact moment of contact. He hit him with his shoulder. The only helmet to helmet was the top of juju's helmet hitting vontaze's facemask. The block could have been executed better, but it would be difficult at full speed. If he'd gotten lower it wouldn't have helped vontaze. That hit was vicious looking only because vontaze wasn't paying attention. Does anyone remember if burfict left the game after that and for how long?

According to the comments, that was gruden saying the hit was bad for the game. lol. That's a problem, but nothing vontaze does is.

Burfict left the game with a concussion. Because the primary point of contact in that hit was helmet to helmet.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Burfict left the game with a concussion. Because the primary point of contact in that hit was helmet to helmet.

If he had a concussion, it clearly came from the taunting because that was the only thing wrong with the play.

• 3Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
in regards to the pats bill game yesterday.

i thought the bills defense was very good, their offense still needs a LOT of work. esp the quarterback play needs to be "faster" he looked lost out there.

unless injuries screw up their season, i think the bills make the playoffs this year.

patriots were lucky with the defense carrying the team yesterday. barring injuries this patriots defense might be the best one since 2004ish..and might end up being better than that.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
How many Bears fans were sad to hear Mitch is going to be back sooner than later? Ugh...

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why the fuck are people still throwing the red flag on pass interference calls? You might as well play a round of craps against the house you will have better odds.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New head coach who sucks doesn't help. When are teams going to learn that just because a guy was behind a good head coach, it won't automatically make him a good head coach.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is that a positive or a negative? Marvin has an above 500 career record at a program where they made some awful draft picks.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Is that a positive or a negative? Marvin has an above 500 career record at a program where they made some awful draft picks.

Awful draft picks like AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap, Gio Bernard, Zeitler? Bengals have had plenty of good draft picks. Unfortunately a lot of misses the past 4-5 seasons.