NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bengals need to sign him so he can get snapped in half the first drive he plays

Craziest stat I saw this year was through 4 or 5 weeks, was average point of first contact for ball carriers past line of scrimmage. Bengals were dead fucking last and the only team with a negative number, essentially the average point of contact for Mixon and other guys rushing the ball was behind the line of scrimmage. Unreal bad.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
With the way the NFL is fucking around with this workout, Kaepernick could almost have a claim that they're trying to set it up to fail.

You can say Colin is the asshole for moving it but the NFL is clearly fucking about. A non-standard employment waiver and the barring of recording that was revealed only today is pretty telling, imo.

The whole thing is so bizarre. The NFL pretty much won the collusion case, so all they had to do is literally nothing

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Breitbart's take on Kapperdick sounds different than other outlets. Like the NFL was willing to let Kap set almost all the conditions but it wasn't enough to placate his ego. Also sounds like he wanted to use it more for a Nike 'I Oppressed' commercial than actually get signed.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Breitbart's take on Kapperdick sounds different than other outlets. Like the NFL was willing to let Kap set almost all the conditions but it wasn't enough to placate his ego. Also sounds like he wanted to use it more for a Nike 'I Oppressed' commercial than actually get signed.

Not much of a "take". Pretty much just the NFL's statement. Predictable on all fronts that both sides (along with other outlets v. Breitbart) would release the statements/slants they did.

Still seems a huge nothing burger unless a team or two that was actually interested thought he was out of shape or something. Nothing he did today is going to show how he'd do learning a new playbook, throwing against actual defenders, etc.

• 2Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Not much of a "take". Pretty much just the NFL's statement. Predictable on all fronts that both sides (along with other outlets v. Breitbart) would release the statements/slants they did.

Still seems a huge nothing burger unless a team or two that was actually interested thought he was out of shape or something. Nothing he did today is going to show how he'd do learning a new playbook, throwing against actual defenders, etc.

I listened to his lawyer Geragos talk about this prior to 'the big day', he's a cunty piece of shit and said he was gonna sue again if no one picked him up. Now he will probably sue for not catering to every demand. I dont think Kap wants to play as much as farm more Nike Victim Bucks or he woulda met them half way.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I listened to his lawyer Geragos talk about this prior to 'the big day', he's a cunty piece of shit and said he was gonna sue again if no one picked him up. Now he will probably sue for not catering to every demand. I dont think Kap wants to play as much as farm more Nike Victim Bucks or he woulda met them half way.

He already did. NFL scheduled this without talking to him first but he still accepted. They scheduled it on the second worst day for teams to attend but he agreed to it. NFL wouldn't reschedule and wouldn't say why. If he didn't care at all about playing he could have balked at that point.

Both sides can be douches, it's okay. And yeah, that Breitbart article isn't a take, it was 90% NFL statement.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
He already did. NFL scheduled this without talking to him first but he still accepted. They scheduled it on the second worst day for teams to attend but he agreed to it. NFL wouldn't reschedule and wouldn't say why. If he didn't care at all about playing he could have balked at that point.

Both sides can be douches, it's okay. And yeah, that Breitbart article isn't a take, it was 90% NFL statement.

Pretty much nailed it...

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
"I've been ready for three years,'' Kaepernick said. "I've been denied for three years. We all know why I came out here. showed it today in front of everybody. We have nothing to hide. So we're waiting for the 32 owners, 32 teams, Roger Goodell, all of them stop running. Stop running from the truth. Stop running from the people."

the guy still doesn't get it. The statements like these are the reason why no one has signed him for 3 years. No team wants that kind of PR nightmare and constant media headlines by signing him.

• 1Solidarity

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What did the NFL pay him millions of dollars to settle in the first place, while leaving themselves open to a secondary lawsuit from him at the same time? Not that the retardation of that situation (or this current one) surprises me when the NFL is involved.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
This is apparently how he dressed for today's work out, still think this was serious bizniz? He just wanted another I R Woke photo op

1573963880773.jpg

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is apparently how he dressed for today's work out, still think this was serious bizniz? He just wanted another I R Woke photo op

1573963880773.jpg

These posts today are your only posts in this entire thread. I'm sure you have no agenda either.

• 2Worf

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
These posts today are your only posts in this entire thread. I'm sure you have no agenda either.

Its a SJW faggots cross over thing for me. I dont care all that much but the recent thing of sports getting infected with politics and the culture wars is fascinating, hell it ruined ESPN.

• 1Brony

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Its a SJW faggots cross over thing for me. I dont care all that much but the recent thing of sports getting infected with politics and the culture wars is fascinating, hell it ruined ESPN.

Jemele Hill ruined ESPN

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
Prime example of "get woke, go broke" being a reality.

Let's just say a team does sign him. Is he allowed to sue that he is not a starter? Or they are not broadcasting him kneeling during the National Anthem? Or reporters wanting to talk football and he wants to rag about how oppressed he and his kinfolks are instead? Does he get to sue his linemen when they ~accidentally~ forget to block defenders who crush his ass again?

Can other players not in the league sue the NFL since nobody signed them after they were in the game and released?

As Bubbles mentioned above, this guy is not doing it for the love of the game. He is doing it to promote his SJW agenda while trying to get back in front of the media. This loser can't comprehend he lost in the end.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't usually support Stephen A but this sounds more likely to me. Has anyone noticed how he's changed the way he talks since he was 'oppressed'? Some really stupid rubes out there. He's not playing again. He doesn't want to. Any college QB could have put together that awesome workout at a high school.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
I think Skip Bayless deserves some credit, too.
I mean it's the general trend of hot takes over just reporting the information. It's not specific to ESPN and it's not even really specific to sports. it's journalism in general.

Also, with the Kaepernick thing him leveraging this shit as PR for his commercials/narrative and the NFL fucking him for the last 3 years aren't mutually exclusive. Both of these things can be and are in all probability true.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand how the fuck they don't overturn that play and give the Texans the PI. That was as blatant a PI as there is