NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Surprising no one The Chargers had one of the worst Olines in the league. Tua or Brady would get murdered on the Chargers and play like shit just like Rivers.

Chargers ranked #29

It's hard to be bad with a good O-line. Fix that and it doesn't matter if your QB is Rivers or Brady; they'd both be fine.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
It's hard to be bad with a good O-line. Fix that and it doesn't matter if your QB is Rivers or Brady; they'd both be fine.
Is also real hard to be good with a shit oline. Talk of Dolphins drafting Tua is scary because between his injury history and their bad line that could be real, real bad. Unless the plan is to keep Fitzpatrick and use a bunch of the 23408709280 draft picks on line players and wait a year or 2 to play tua.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is also real hard to be good with a shit oline. Talk of Dolphins drafting Tua is scary because between his injury history and their bad line that could be real, real bad. Unless the plan is to keep Fitzpatrick and use a bunch of the 23408709280 draft picks on line players and wait a year or 2 to play tua.

Depends how Tua's recovery goes I think. If teams are willing to let him fall in first, Miami has picks 5 and 18 in round 1. If they could get him at 18? They also could take a Tackle at 5. If teams are not going to let him slip thinking he's the real deal even in recovery...they might have to trade up to get him.

Sterling

El Presidente
Depends how Tua's recovery goes I think. If teams are willing to let him fall in first, Miami has picks 5 and 18 in round 1. If they could get him at 18? They also could take a Tackle at 5. If teams are not going to let him slip thinking he's the real deal even in recovery...they might have to trade up to get him.
They have 5, 18 and whatever Houston oick ends up being. Conceivably it could be like tua, a oline guy and a pash rusher or something. If they want Tua they'll have to take him at 5 or trade back up later on, I doubt he'd be there at 18.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Running backs don’t get hit from all directions while running the football? Every tackle is just straight up from the front?

They don't get a diving helmet straight to the back of their head 'several times per game', no.

Edited to add; first point of contact was clowney's shoulder to wince's back. He was not leading with the helmet. But because our anatomy is what it is, the head will always be pretty close to the shoulder.

Because our anatomy is what it is, when you smash your helmet into the back of the other players helmet, sometimes your shoulder will touch the other person for a brief instant first.

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They have 5, 18 and whatever Houston oick ends up being. Conceivably it could be like tua, a oline guy and a pash rusher or something. If they want Tua they'll have to take him at 5 or trade back up later on, I doubt he'd be there at 18.

I hope you're right about at 5, or even worse for them if teams start to covet Tua and force a bidding war to trade up above 5.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Because our anatomy is what it is, when you smash your helmet into the back of the other players helmet, sometimes your shoulder will touch the other person for a brief instant first.

I guess the word "leading" is subjective when you're a pats fan.

Themoreyouknow.gif

Nester

Vyemm Raider
All this Tua talk, won’t Burrows and maybe even Herbert or fields go ahead of him?

Did Trevor Lawence declare or is he 2021?

Sterling

El Presidente
All this Tua talk, won’t Burrows and maybe even Herbert or fields go ahead of him?

Did Trevor Lawence declare or is he 2021?
Burrows likely will be picked first overall. Herbert probably won't go ahead of Tua unless the medical stuff is worse than what people have been saying. Lawrence isn't eligible until next year. If it wasn't for the health issue, most people would have Tua ahead of Burrows, there's been people saying he's the best QB prospect since Luck or whatever but that injury stuff is definitely a thing, but it only takes 1 team to take a chance.
Fields also not eligible until next season as well.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Not a lot of great QB prospects this year so Tua will go around 5. I can't imagine a team going all in with his injury history early outside of Miami and their 5 picks in 56. Only Jax has a similar amount of picks to work with and would they really add another QB... with Foles huge contract and Mustache already guaranteed their positions? Maybe since they're starting over....again.

The NFL really needs to change the practice rules for the next bargaining agreement. The lack of practice makes for some shitty players especially on the OL.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Not a lot of great QB prospects this year so Tua will go around 5. I can't imagine a team going all in with his injury history early outside of Miami and their 5 picks in 56. Only Jax has a similar amount of picks to work with and would they really add another QB... with Foles huge contract and Mustache already guaranteed their positions? Maybe since they're starting over....again.

The NFL really needs to change the practice rules for the next bargaining agreement. The lack of practice makes for some shitty players especially on the OL.
Yeah there has to be some middle ground from the driving people into the ground practices of the 70s and 80s and what's happening now.

• 2Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Yeah there has to be some middle ground from the driving people into the ground practices of the 70s and 80s and what's happening now.

I think part of it is the offenses colleges run now. The o-line aren’t required to hold blocks as long in the spread.

But ya...they need more reps.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I heard someone ask Willie Mcginest about the Brady to the Chargers thing and he said that Gisele hates LA. Maybe she could deal with Tom taking a 1 year deal there for 30 million or something, but I thought that was an interesting angle on it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Burrows likely will be picked first overall.

He better be. So worried the Bengals will blow this. They probably will regardless, but I'd like just a shred of hope before Week 2 or 3 when it all comes crashing down.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
254.jpg

what faggotry is this? World champions? HAHAHAHAHAAA The league is named National Football League to begin with. there are no foreign teams.

• 7Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users