NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
YOu dont teach accountability by pulling the time honored "Do as I say not as I do"... thats just not how shit works

Its a job for the coach, its a prep phase for students. Just like teachers are not treated the same as students. There are many times when exceptions are allowed. Russel Wilson showed a smart way to get a no hassle transfer.. Graduate early.
Most students have unpaid internships and receive nowhere near the recompense package of underwater basketweaving degrees or wink wink payouts. Poor future millionaires had to sit a year.

These are not poor destitute students who just needed Mr Thule to save them. This is future job training that life sucks sometimes. Mr Thule isn't coming back kids. We have a safe space in the corner if you need it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure where the rumor started, but always fun to imagine both Brady and Belichick leaving NE at the same time!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I'v never watched Hard Knocks, but if they put the Jags and Minshew on next season I will definitely watch.
Hope it happens.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
  • 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
*insert modern problems require modern solutions meme*

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I heard Pats fans eviscerating the program today on the radio. It was glorious even though they are some entitled fucks.

Fadaar

That guy

FB_IMG_1578605282874.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Coworker was telling me today how eerily similar this Vikings season is to their 1987 season.

in both regular seasons:
Lost to Packers twice.
Lost to Bears twice.
Lost to Seahawks in Seattle.
Beat Lions twice.
Beat Falcons at home.
Beat Raiders at home.
Beat Broncos at home.
Beat Redskins at home.
Beat Cowboys in Dallas.
The only 3 games that weren't repeated from their 1987 season were 2 games against Tampa and a road game against the Rams.

1987 Playoffs:
Earned bottom NFC seed (5th).
Went on road to New Orleans and won in wild card round.
Went on road to 1-Seed San Francisco and won in divisional round.

• 1Like

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Coworker was telling me today how eerily similar this Vikings season is to their 1987 season.

in both regular seasons:
Lost to Packers twice.
Lost to Bears twice.
Lost to Seahawks in Seattle.
Beat Lions twice.
Beat Falcons at home.
Beat Raiders at home.
Beat Broncos at home.
Beat Redskins at home.
Beat Cowboys in Dallas.
The only 3 games that weren't repeated from their 1987 season were 2 games against Tampa and a road game against the Rams.

1987 Playoffs:
Earned bottom NFC seed (5th).
Went on road to New Orleans and won in wild card round.
Went on road to 1-Seed San Francisco and won in divisional round.

Then Darrin Nelson dropped a ball for a sure touchdown to tie it up with the Redskins. It's kind of similar lol

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
heh boy did i fuck up my picks.
NFC
R1
Vikings at Saints - Saints - LOST!
Seahawks at Iggles - Seahawks - WON
R2
Seahawks at 49ers - Seahawks
Saints at Packers - Saints
champ
Seahawks at Saints -Saints

AFC
R1
Bills at Texans - Bills -LOST
Titans at Pats - Pats- LOST
R2
Bills at Ravens - Bills
Pats at Chiefs - Pats
Champ
Bills at Pats- Pats

Super Bowl

Saints vs Pats - Pats both didn't make past R!

the patriots offense was bad most of the year - mostly due to injuries to the line and devlin,
defense placed good enough to win, but the offense didn't

bills came CLOSE but alas that blew my predictions..
saints Blew it--3rd year in a row...
seachickens won though.

remaining teams left.

Titans@ ravens...Ravens
Texans@Chiefs - Chiefs

Chiefs @ravens... Ravens

Vikings at SF - SF
Seahawks at GB...Seahawks

Seahawks at SF - Seahawks

Ravens vs Seahawks...Ravens

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Aaron Rodgers

Good article on Rodgers

Pretty good article in some ways, pretty shit in others. The part knocking Rodgers/Brady for throwing the ball away about twice a game on average is weird. Can't remember how many times I see a QB scramble all the way out of bounds and actually lose a couple yards versus just throwing the ball away for easy incomplete.

They also kind of gloss over his weapons...Davante Adams is very good, but missed a quarter of the season. Jimmy Graham they call serviceable, but he's a shadow of his former self out there. The rest of his receivers would struggle to be #3's in any decent receiver group, not a standout among them. Lazard may have actually taken over as the #2 and he was off the practice squad midseason I think.

Otherwise he's clearly declined, whether from age, injuries, or both. But he also had a coach that finally let Aaron Jones loose, one of McCarthy's mistakes for a few years (our top scorer in fantasy this year traded Lesean McCoy and AJ Green in week 2 for Jones...ridiculous). I think Seattle has a good chance to win the game, unless Rodgers does something like the old Rodgers.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They also kind of gloss over his weapons...Davante Adams is very good, but missed a quarter of the season. Jimmy Graham they call serviceable, but he's a shadow of his former self out there. The rest of his receivers would struggle to be #3's in any decent receiver group, not a standout among them. Lazard may have actually taken over as the #2 and he was off the practice squad midseason I think.

I don't think they glossed over it because I would bet Aaron has a "I can make any receiver a star" attitude. So they got Jones going and redid the defense.

Last edited: