NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean if you're drafting at the back of every round it won't be great. And they're also likely to be drafting role players but yeah, they're pretty bad at drafting, particularly skill position players. Not sure how they can be so good at finding value in mid level free agents and so bad at the draft.

They tend to trade down a ton to maximize picks in Rounds 2-4, looking for cheap starters they can turn into guys other teams will pay for once they become free agents so they could pile up compensatory picks, too. Pretty sad they hadn't had any big "hits", though.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lets be honest this got to be the worst timing for any QB playing with the Patriots right now.
Covid pretty much had 8 players opt out. (mainly defense)
Julian just had surgery on his knee and hasn't been playing like himself at all this season.
Gilmore knows he might get traded so puts his house up for sale and twists his knee.
N'keal Harry is in concussion protocol and had it numerous times (explains a lot)
IMO I think Gilmore is faking his injury to avoid taking a risk for his next payday where ever he gets traded or just wants to stay as a Patriot.
No matter how we chop it up this is a bad year.
I will admit Bill Bellichick really missed on DK Metcalf..
All of this literally happened this week. They were pretty bad since playing vs Seattle. And only scoring 6 points last week is just a new low and a smear on Cam's smug ass face. I love it.

Sterling

El Presidente
They tend to trade down a ton to maximize picks in Rounds 2-4, looking for cheap starters they can turn into guys other teams will pay for once they become free agents so they could pile up compensatory picks, too. Pretty sad they hadn't had any big "hits", though.
yeah and it's obviously mostly worked out, but you'd have thought they'd have found at least 1 stud in all those drafts.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Easy to lose faith in high round picks when you draft one of the best to ever play the game at 199th.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
His strategy will change now that he is without a Brady without a doubt but it's not like those wasted picks are somehow worse than the multitude of high picks that turn out completely useless

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Easy to lose faith in high round picks when you draft one of the best to ever play the game at 199th.

That was 20 years ago. Talk about hanging on to past glory. What team are we talking about here, the Cowboys?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
What if the Pats purposely lose twice to the Jets and every other game to get #1 overall?

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Hot Sports Opinion of the Week: The Rams are actually a shit team at 5-2. 4 of their wins have been: Cowboys, Washington, Eagles, and Giants.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Hot Sports Opinion of the Week: The Rams are actually a shit team at 5-2. 4 of their wins have been: Cowboys, Washington, Eagles, and Giants.
Good chance they lose this week to Miami. Early game Sunday on the road after a short week and Miami is coming off their bye week.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What if the Pats purposely lose twice to the Jets and every other game to get #1 overall?
Yeah then he can trade that number 1 pick for a bunch of 4th through 10th round picks that won't pan out.

• 2Worf

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Good chance they lose this week to Miami. Early game Sunday on the road after a short week and Miami is coming off their bye week.
I agree with this but that doesn't make them a shit team. They'll still finish with a winning record this year. For shit teams see any team in Texas.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I agree with this but that doesn't make them a shit team. They'll still finish with a winning record this year. For shit teams see any team in Texas.
To have a winning record you have to win 5 games against non-NFC East teams. You get 2 with wins against the Bears and Jets. Name the other 3.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
To have a winning record you have to win 5 games against non-NFC East teams. You get 2 with wins against the Bears and Jets. Name the other 3.
I'll just watch the games pal. You think they're going 0-6 against the NFC West?