NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Watching Dalton from the outside after getting a glimpse of Burrow is... eye-opening.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watching a game like this makes me think if we had a couple decent LB's, a real QB, and some more OL help we could be a halfway decent team. Our draft this year looking a lot better with guys like Gibson and Curl contributing.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its painful watching this game as a Cowboys fan but big grats to the Redskins and especially kudos to Alex Smith. For all that man went through to come back he is deserving of a Thanksgiving win, and a big one at that.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its painful watching this game as a Cowboys fan but big grats to the Redskins and especially kudos to Alex Smith. For all that man went through to come back he is deserving of a Thanksgiving win, and a big one at that.

He better thank McLaurin for saving his bacon on what would have been a game tying pick 6, but other than that he managed the game just fine, and leaned on McLaurin and Gibson for production. Dallas is shit like us, but feels good to put together a complete team win, even against bad competition. Gotta start somewhere.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm too lazy to look but when was the last time the Redskins scored 41 points against anyone? Was Rypien still the QB? Cowboys...wow! There are worse teams in the NFL but not by much. I guess Cowboys finally have a top 5 team... in the 2021 draft! So fucking terrible. I couldn't even finish the game.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Is it my imagination or has Romo upped the game of other announcers? I've been noticing a lot more this year that announcers not named romo are finally giving us details like what the team should run, what coverage the defense is in and what it means, etc. There was a little bit in the past but I remember it mostly being in replays with a telestrator like what Madden did.
Like today for instance, Aikman was a decent color man. He had more to offer than reminiscing about the good old days. Anyone else notice that?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it my imagination or has Romo upped the game of other announcers? I've been noticing a lot more this year that announcers not named romo are finally giving us details like what the team should run, what coverage the defense is in and what it means, etc. There was a little bit in the past but I remember it mostly being in replays with a telestrator like what Madden did.
Like today for instance, Aikman was a decent color man. He had more to offer than reminiscing about the good old days. Anyone else notice that?
Romo and Nance are definitely the best duo out there. Romo is hilarious and makes the game way more enjoyable.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Romo and Nance are definitely the best duo out there. Romo is hilarious and makes the game way more enjoyable.
Wasn't Romo told to tone down his play calling of what was going to be run before the plays happened as people complained he was ruining the game since he was right a ton?

• 1Worf

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
He better thank McLaurin for saving his bacon on what would have been a game tying pick 6, but other than that he managed the game just fine, and leaned on McLaurin and Gibson for production. Dallas is shit like us, but feels good to put together a complete team win, even against bad competition. Gotta start somewhere.
Yep, congrats man, you guys whooped our butts for sure.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
No doubt about it, Romo has brought so much more to the table and it really stands out. It makes me wonder why they stick with like Collinsworth when its even more obvious how bad he is. I always thought Buck was decent and even being a Cowboys fan Aikman is really hit or miss. He has to be interested in the game and he is way too big a homer.

• 1Truth!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well the website keeps fucking up the bleacher report link, but here's McCarthy's opinion on the fake punt.

"Obviously, it was a solid play call. It's a good play design."

Down a single score with 13 minutes left to play, fake punt into a WR reverse on your own 24 on 4th and 10 is a solid playcall folks.

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well the website keeps fucking up the bleacher report link, but here's McCarthy's opinion on the fake punt.

Down a single score with 13 minutes left to play, fake punt into a WR reverse on your own 24 on 4th and 10 is a solid playcall folks.
That was probably the dumbest play call ive seen since I started watching football.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ravens should have to concede. Fuck Harbaugh trying to get this game moved again just because your organization is retarded.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That was probably the dumbest play call ive seen since I started watching football.

I don't mind the call. It was definitely unexpected and they did have a guy wide open down the field, so really was more of botched execution.

A worse play call was the 4 and inches pass. The receiver was definitely interfered with but a QB sneak or just any run play is a much higher % play even when a defense knows it's coming. All the reverses to WRs gotta go, too. They kill far more drives than they make good gains on.

In a weird way Dak's injury might get him paid more than if he stayed healthy and looked terrible without an Oline full of pro bowlers

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Dak should test free agency considering how bad the entire cowboys org has become.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I hope that happens.

After Lawrence, Zeke, and Smith i don't feel good about any players getting a payday outside of Zack Martin

• 2Like