NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Josh Jones makes sense for the Bengals second rounder.

Yes please. Let all the OT's go before the Vikings pick. They're basically the last destination we can pawn Trent Williams off to at this point. Although I still don't know what the Chargers are going to do at tackle.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Any Texas Tech fans? How good is that LB the Seahawks took? His college coach says he is the next Bobby Wagner(he coached Bobby at Utah) but thats high praise and a lot to try and live up to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any Texas Tech fans? How good is that LB the Seahawks took? His college coach says he is the next Bobby Wagner(he coached Bobby at Utah) but thats high praise and a lot to try and live up to.

I thought the quote they gave after he was selected was interesting. Some coach/gm saying I wish people would stop mentioning his name in mock drafts, we want people to stay away from him. Could be a sleeper, although I know most Ravens fans were happy Queen was still there 1 pick later.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Best QB in the division. Best RB in the league. Best WR in the draft. SUPERBOWL!!!!

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Can’t stand OU, but thought Ceedee was the best WR in the draft so very pleased he was available. Can take over for Cobb when Coop keeps getting double teamed. Dallas needs to do something about losing Byron Jones now

• 1Solidarity

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Post draft interview with the 49ers bromance:

I'm optimistic as can be about Kinlaw, he has the size and talent ceiling to replace Buckner, but at < 1/5th the salary commitment. From the point where the season ended, and they had too many d-linemen needing to get paid, to now, I think they came out as well as possible, realistically.

Aiyuk I have no damn clue. He seems to fit the Shanahan offense and Shanahan is speaking very highly of him, but WR always feels like a crapshoot...even more so than the rest of the draft. Deebo Samuel was a home run, Hurd hasn't played, and Pettis has been completely worthless.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm optimistic as can be about Kinlaw, he has the size and talent ceiling to replace Buckner, but at < 1/5th the salary commitment. From the point where the season ended, and they had too many d-linemen needing to get paid, to now, I think they came out as well as possible, realistically.

Aiyuk I have no damn clue. He seems to fit the Shanahan offense and Shanahan is speaking very highly of him, but WR always feels like a crapshoot...even more so than the rest of the draft. Deebo Samuel was a home run, Hurd hasn't played, and Pettis has been completely worthless.

I was a little worried about the Kinlaw pick since we need WR help so badly, until I saw the moves to grab Aiyuk. WR is a total crapshoot, like you said, but I'm much more receptive to the Kinlaw pick now.

So far, I feel a lot better about this team's future as opposed to coming off the SB loss in '12. It's amazing how much it helps your team when you have a GM and HC that actually get along.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Adam Schein praising The Chargers and Herbert. This is raising my hopes for the inevitable Chargers crushing of my dreams. It all feels so familiar.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Adam Schein praising The Chargers and Herbert. This is raising my hopes for the inevitable Chargers crushing of my dreams. It all feels so familiar.
Well Chris Simms thought it was a good pick, so you're in the clear dude.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Dolphins have 7 and 24 in the 2nd, and 6 in the 3rd tonight. For these few days it actually is pretty fun being a Miami fan.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
That Love pick, quite perplexing. Wonder who they thought they needed to jump. I can see it being Seattle or Tennessee but not so much Baltimore.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
That Love pick, quite perplexing. Wonder who they thought they needed to jump. I can see it being Seattle or Tennessee but not so much Baltimore.

Why would Seattle draft a back up QB in the first round? Same for Tennessee after just signing a big contract.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah. Giving up a 4th to move over a bunch of teams that likely wouldn't have taken him, unless they thought someone else was going to trade up. Not that I mind personally since my dudes get another 4th rounder but it was weird. Also, they were so close to the Superbowl last year so it seems strange to use 2 picks to get a QB instead of a receiver or some defensive help.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yeah. Giving up a 4th to move over a bunch of teams that likely wouldn't have taken him, unless they thought someone else was going to trade up. Not that I mind personally since my dudes get another 4th rounder but it was weird. Also, they were so close to the Superbowl last year so it seems strange to use 2 picks to get a QB instead of a receiver or some defensive help.
A lineman/DB to stop the run or a WR should have been what the Packers took.