NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's gone up in some guys. But Brady's numbers and performance have been declining the last few years so he hasn't exactly been "age defying". Guys like Brees/Big Ben been getting hurt more often of late. Rivers' play has declined the last couple of years.

I agree 32 isn't old, it's just having zero NFL level of involvement for 3 years now. This is probably the worst year ever to "come back" if someone signed him, too. No real offseason to learn an offense or have NFL level practices. Maybe if some team let him get a full year to try and get himself back up to speed and his physical skills actually haven't declined at all, but I'm still skeptical. Just haven't seen any QB at any age be out of the league for an extended period of time and come back with any real success.
Rivers play has not declined all that much. He still was like top 5 in deep pass attempts. His play only declined because he was having to throw the ball more because the Oline was garbage and the rest of the offense was doing not much. Towards the end of the year he declined some but that is more due to having to throw so much. He is going to light it up in Indy this year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

giphy.gif

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rivers play has not declined all that much. He still was like top 5 in deep pass attempts. His play only declined because he was having to throw the ball more because the Oline was garbage and the rest of the offense was doing not much. Towards the end of the year he declined some but that is more due to having to throw so much. He is going to light it up in Indy this year.

I mean he was no Jameis with 30 picks, but 20 picks isn't great number to hit, either. I'm sure he was top 5 in deep pass attempts, lost a whole bunch of those games later in the season last year when he had Ekler or Henry open underneath but went all Rex "Fuck it go Deep" Grossman on the rest of the team and got picked off to end games.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I feel like last year Rivers threw some really odd "hope for the best" type throws.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I feel like last year Rivers threw some really odd "hope for the best" type throws.
Bottom 5 Oline for the last decade or so. He played well the year before when the Line was a bit better. But just watch he is gonna do well in Indy.

Merrith

Bottom 5 Oline for the last decade or so. He played well the year before when the Line was a bit better. But just watch he is gonna do well in Indy.

That's the one thing that scares me for Burrow and Herbert. Neither team has really stable O lines in front of them.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
That's the one thing that scares me for Burrow and Herbert. Neither team has really stable O lines in front of them.
The Chargers line got waaaay better this off season. I don't think it will be top 10 or anything but should be closer to middle of the road pass blocking. This would be an enourmous improvement though even at that spot.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Bengals line isn't god awful. It's not good, but I think it's better than bottom 5.

But yeah, it's a legit concern. And they focused the entire draft (except for Burrow) on defense which was worrisome. But the defense REALLY needed help. We had practically no LBs.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>

We also have home field advantage of already knowing what its like to play in an empty stadium.

• 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I am really excited about that. I just wonder if Lynch is getting one also.

Merrith

Yeah, I am really excited about that. I just wonder if Lynch is getting one also.

Has to be. Guy has completely rebuilt that roster, and has found talent everywhere. You look at picks like Kittle in round 5 his draft year, and guys like Mostert who were actually undrafted.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Shanahan hired Lynch. I think he'll be around as long as Shanahan wants him around. All indications are that they love each other and I agree that Lynch has done a great job so far so I would be pretty shocked if his job is in jeopardy.

Merrith

Shanahan hired Lynch. I think he'll be around as long as Shanahan wants him around. All indications are that they love each other and I agree that Lynch has done a great job so far so I would be pretty shocked if his job is in jeopardy.

Coach hired the GM?

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Has to be. Guy has completely rebuilt that roster, and has found talent everywhere. You look at picks like Kittle in round 5 his draft year, and guys like Mostert who were actually undrafted.
There is a lot of talk about the 49ers promoting Lynch to Team President, or something like that, and then promoting Adam Peters to GM. Peters has had a huge hand in a lot of the talent scouting, and has been rumored to be poached by another team for GM. So being able to keep all of them would be great.

• 1Like