NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Wait, is anyone surprised the Patriots ended up with him? I've assumed it was just a matter of passing the physical from the start.

That said, it wouldn't shock me if Stidham is listed as the number one in training camp, possibly even the first few games.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where do Cam, Jameis, and Dalton go now that the Bengals, Dolphins, and Chargers spent their draft capital on QB's?
  • Cowboys: Dalton
  • Patriots: Cam
  • Crab section of your local Supermarket: Jameis
Posted this April 24th. Anyone want some lottery numbers?

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Wait, is anyone surprised the Patriots ended up with him? I've assumed it was just a matter of passing the physical from the start.

That said, it wouldn't shock me if Stidham is listed as the number one in training camp, possibly even the first few games.

Yes I am surprised. My thought was the Patriots would never sign him because of the money. I never expected him to sign for so little. Plus like you said, his health. He is the starter day one health permitting.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
UMM NO he is the starter day one PROVIDED he is healthy AND he actually performs during preseason, AND he keeps his mouth shut besides the patriot best for the team stuff.

which imo he is capable of.

Coming out of highschool, stidham was ranked as high as or higher than most of the first round draft picks last year, but then he had issues in college.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
You're only worth what someone is willing to pay you bottom line, if the offer insults you sit out till what you want comes knocking at your door.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Richard Sherman continually proves himself to be one of the dumbest motherfuckers in a sport full of some of the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Sterling

El Presidente
You guys are being shitlords. We all know that you should totally judge a player's value by 1 outlier season from half a decade ago.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
no one put a gun to Cam Newton's head fuck Richard Sherman

Yeah this is a pretty stupid take by Sherman. I honestly don't know what he expects from a QB he had one great season, and has been injured and had shit seasons since.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The transcendent talent part makes me laugh. If he didn't have that one college year and the single one in the NFL, he'd already be considered a backup. At least Nick Foles knows how to finish.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Sherman also took a low dollar, incentive laden contract because he was on the older side and coming off of a serious injury. Seems pretty similar to Cam's contract.

And yeah, that transcendent talent hasn't been seen for a while, and there's a pretty valid concern whether a guy that's in his 30s and has had a lot of surgery can play the way the "transcendent" Cam Newton played, regardless of talent..

Sterling

El Presidente
Cam could have a 4000 yard 30 TD 8 INT season where the Pats go 13-3 and get that big money multi year contract some team will regret. Or he could play 9 games throw for 1500 yards 8 TDs, 7 INT and get benched for Stidham, or even worse not beat him out for the job to begin with. Best part of option B is there will still be Cam apologists that will claim he just wasn't given a fair chance.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users