jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
  • 6Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
AFAIK, they still claim SoFi (with 70,000 seats) will be ready for the season. Given that the Chargers averaged merely 30K a game last year, with a lot of away team fans, 25% of 70K might literally be the right number.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
SirusXM has a good chat about how No fans would effect the players performances. A lot of it was about guys like Ray Lewis who would get so pumped up by the crowd and would then get his team pumped up.

Without the emotional connection I feel many players might just end up “going through the motions” like a practice vs a game. Imo crowds help increase the intensity on the field. They plan to pump in fan noise. We shall see how it goes

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
When can we get this Boston Bay bandwagon rolling?!

IMG_20200601_165558.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 3Barf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 9 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
AFAIK, they still claim SoFi (with 70,000 seats) will be ready for the season. Given that the Chargers averaged merely 30K a game last year, with a lot of away team fans, 25% of 70K might literally be the right number.
The Chargers stadium was a 30k seat Soccer stadium last year. So what you are saying is they filled it.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
No one gives a shit about all the stuff he does for his community, I guess. Post a black square on social media and kneel or be forced to kneel at this point.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
They should teach Brees a lesson about his white privilege by letting Jameis Crablegs start, a real role model to lead us through these trying times. Jameis would have never stolen those Crablegs or monitors if he wasn’t so damned oppressed.

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
We haven't seen what post-Lasik Jameis can do. TBH I wish the Bucs had been able to hold on to him.

Last edited:
This whole fucking ordeal is gnawing on my last nerve. No baseball season, even barely half of Spring Training. I have zero confidence in the NFL or NBA giving me what I want, because what I want is not going to happen: I wants stands of fans, biting their nails at a seconds-left field goal attempt from 50 yards in nasty stadium wind. I want the whole arena electric and on their feet as some creature from another planet flies in the air, spins, and gently floats a perfect layup. I want that surge that the crowd and the crowd alone brings.

Here is the deal, I guess. The leagues want to GET MONEY so they are desperate to get product out there. I understand.

But I wonder if the players would take a "plague year" break, heal and get stronger, and rather just wait till we can play real, crowded events.

Just ranting. I gotta vent somewhere.

edit: a friend of mine from a soccer country tells me he just can't imagine, because in many soccer countries, the stands just become this jumping, shouting mass of people, arms linked, songs, etc. They make the Dawg Pound seem stiff heh.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah NHL playoffs without fans just will not be the same. Those home OT sudden death winners are made by the roar. I can't imagine football without the fans all standing up to get loud as fuck on opposing teams' 3rd down.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This whole fucking ordeal is gnawing on my last nerve. No baseball season, even barely half of Spring Training. I have zero confidence in the NFL or NBA giving me what I want, because what I want is not going to happen: I wants stands of fans, biting their nails at a seconds-left field goal attempt from 50 yards in nasty stadium wind. I want the whole arena electric and on their feet as some creature from another planet flies in the air, spins, and gently floats a perfect layup. I want that surge that the crowd and the crowd alone brings.

Here is the deal, I guess. The leagues want to GET MONEY so they are desperate to get product out there. I understand.

But I wonder if the players would take a "plague year" break, heal and get stronger, and rather just wait till we can play real, crowded events.

Just ranting. I gotta vent somewhere.

edit: a friend of mine from a soccer country tells me he just can't imagine, because in many soccer countries, the stands just become this jumping, shouting mass of people, arms linked, songs, etc. They make the Dawg Pound seem stiff heh.

I'm sure they're all desperate to give up a year of their already short earning potential years so they can "get stronger"

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People might be sleeping on Haskins a bit this year. Don't expect us to make any real noise, but I don't think we'll be picking #2 overall again, either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users