NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Anyone know how this is affecting season ticket holders? Like, if you don't want to buy tickets for this inevitable clusterfuck of a season, do you lose the rights to your seats?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know how this is affecting season ticket holders? Like, if you don't want to buy tickets for this inevitable clusterfuck of a season, do you lose the rights to your seats?

Can't remember which team it was but they said they would allow people to basically skip this year without losing the spot. Not sure if it is league wide or per teams decision.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Snyder must be happy right about now, as far as the news goes.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Pretty controversial stuff there, guys. Black dads not being around is a problem and in other news, water is wet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

1595521380461.png

• 12Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 12 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Might as well hope that they just cancel the season at this point, so that no one has to witness this atrocity.

I feel like this is a new low for a professional sports franchise. I need to get off the internet.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Merrith Merrith HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

On one hand...it's the super safe route, and I guess they get a year to figure out a hopefully decent new name without it being a rush job that we all know they would have fucked up even worse somehow.

On the other hand...it's so fucking stupid that they literally had zero contingency plan for this possibility already, and it just seems dumb as fuck. I do wonder if there will be any collectable value in one off year merch, though.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Me showing up to the tailgate at the first game of the season:

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think the team name is awesome. It's like some knockoff Chinese developed video game that couldn't get the actual naming rights.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
On one hand...it's the super safe route, and I guess they get a year to figure out a hopefully decent new name without it being a rush job that we all know they would have fucked up even worse somehow.

On the other hand...it's so fucking stupid that they literally had zero contingency plan for this possibility already, and it just seems dumb as fuck. I do wonder if there will be any collectable value in one off year merch, though.

Yup. An original Chicago Bulls Jordan #12 Jersey probably goes for a few hundred to a few thousand I'm sure.

Last edited:

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I think the team name is awesome. It's like some knockoff Chinese developed video game that couldn't get the actual naming rights.
It's also false advertising. Washington hasn't played anything resembling football in years.

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's also false advertising. Washington hasn't played anything resembling football in years.

Might be some cause to think that will change going forward. I wouldn't expect too much noise this year, I think our ceiling would be 6-7 wins, but after a 3-13 season I would take that as progress any day. Main thing will be to see if all the offseason work Haskins has put in pays off, and whether or not D finally going back to a 4-3 with what potentially could be a crazy good D line has a big impact.

Still a lot of holes at skill positions, though, and LB's/secondary have some question marks if injuries hit.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
One of the things I hate in sports is arrogance. I think there is a pretty big line between confidence and arrogance. See Lebron James going to Miami and counting how many rings they would win, that is gross arrogance.

To me Tyreek Hill is going down that path right now, and I find it just as obnoxious. I mean they have as good a chance as repeating Super Bowl champions this year as any team in recent memory. But 7 championships? Big goals indeed.

I don't know, I just find a bit of humility goes a whole lot further than talking shit like this. Maybe it's just me.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users