NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I also liked how the Falcons were snapping the ball with like 20 seconds on the play clock at various times throughout the 2nd half. Either hubris or just total incompetence.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
That Challenge was the desperate last act of a coach that realized he had pissed away the game hoping for a miracle. The real story of this game is how the Falcons could not move the ball in the second half, due to bad play calling.

I might be remembering wrong, but didn't he challenge this with like 2:01 left, like if he literally waited 1 second he would have gotten a free challenge. Atlanta was out their league. The Pats spotted them 25 t make it a game, did the NFL a solid so it wouldn't be 56-0.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Naw it was not within the limit of the 2 min warning. If the Falcons had not being playing hurry up for some insane reason and snapping the ball with 2 seconds on the clock, then it would have. Not only did they give the Pats tons of time, they kept giving their gassed D zero rest between Pats drives, which let them run it up and down the field the second half. Falcons just completely shit the bed in terms of game planning and time management that second half. That's not taking anything away from the evil empire, though. They kept their eyes on the prize the entire time.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You had to know the patriots were coming back in that game. You give the greatest coach of all time an extra 20 minutes at halftime to make adjustments. Did atlanta ever run between the tackles? Every run play was an outside hand off or toss. It's as if the atlanta coaches made zero adjustments at half. atlanta coaches let those players down big time.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I might be remembering wrong, but didn't he challenge this with like 2:01 left, like if he literally waited 1 second he would have gotten a free challenge. Atlanta was out their league. The Pats spotted them 25 t make it a game, did the NFL a solid so it wouldn't be 56-0.

A little more time on the clock and patriots were running up to quick snap so he had to call the timeout in desperation.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Did you actually end up going to the game, Uber?

Curious how crazy it was.

Ya. It was crazy, but I don't know, I guess I was more shocked. Like I still don't believe it happened. Am I really flying back home now after seeing that? I guess I haven't really processed it all, I'll have to watch a replay.

Maybe the Seattle game was crazier, it was one play and bam champions. This was something entirely different. The Hightower sack and fumble, I thought ok here we go boys, but then Julios catch I thought fuck man, they gave it a good bid, and then Edelman crazy catch, no way they are losing. Unbelieveable.

Maybe I'm just overtired.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The next 3 highest yardage totals for a QB were:

414, 377, and 365, all by Kurt Warner (414 was Greatest Show on Turf).

Brady had 466. Now granted, he had an entire extra drive for that, but he crushed it. Super Bowl MVP is almost always a QB award anyway, so I don't see a problem with it.
When you throw the ball 62 times, you're bound to put up some stats.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When you throw the ball 62 times, you're bound to put up some stats.

This is true, but fucker put up just shy of 200 yards in the 4th quarter alone. Simply unreal. He's the Goat. He was even before this, but now there really isn't any plausible argument against it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I also liked how the Falcons were snapping the ball with like 20 seconds on the play clock at various times throughout the 2nd half. Either hubris or just total incompetence.

It looked like the hurry up was getting to the pats in the first half. They even had to burn a timeout on defense because they were tired.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This is true, but fucker put up just shy of 200 yards in the 4th quarter alone. Simply unreal. He's the Goat. He was even before this, but now there really isn't any plausible argument against it.

You mean other than him being a system QB and his replacements performing just as well as he does?

• 3Cutler

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Once the Falcons failed to get even a field goal when they were down on the NE 29 with about 4 minutes to go, I knew then the Patriots were going to tie and eventually win the game. The only question in my mind was if Brady was somehow going to get the ball again after tying the game (in regulation). Once the game went to OT, the absolute worst thing to happen to the Falcons was losing the coin toss. That defense had nothing anymore.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Falcons coaching staff should be besides themselves. Horrible clock management, horrific playcalling, just a total fucking collapse.

I blame Gaga.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You mean other than him being a system QB and his replacements performing just as well as he does?

You really think that Jimmy G or any backup QB for that matter, could have pulled off Brady's stats in this Super Bowl?

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Falcons coaching staff should be besides themselves. Horrible clock management, horrific playcalling, just a total fucking collapse.

I blame Gaga.

I can't even imagine being an Atlanta coach after the game; to look into your players' eyes knowing that you blew it must have been awkward as hell.

Edit:
A 31 year QB can't audible? Maybe Atlanta's coaching getting poached will be a good thing for them.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
ESPN radio has talked all day about the incompetence of the falcons. They said Brady was pretty awful for the most part but lit up at the right times. They talked about lots of bad passes into heavy coverage and just being a very lucky group of guys. They said this was Brady's worst SB in a while. Inaccurate, etc but still has ice in his veins and knows how to finish. I thought this was pretty accurate really.

I feel for the 9ers. How in the fuck do you run 4 times in a half up by 25? Where the fuck do these guys learn the game? Seriously, after watching McFatty against Seattle, this game, and plenty of others, do NFL coaches just never learn? I remember an awful Miami team almost beating a really great Indy team by running out the clock. Is that really so hard to figure out with those RBs at Atlanta? I will say this as well. Outside of NE, no other team should feel like they have another shot just sitting in the bag. Atlanta may have fucked their only SB chance with Ryan. Seattle fucked away their chance and it's not been easy getting back(haven't). Dallas keeps getting closer and could pull it out next year. Rodgers is always a threat. Every year is different and Atlanta fucked their best chance at a ring with some of the stupidest play calling in history.

• 3Solidarity