NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
the big story this summer will be overtime rules. expect changes next year.

Which is retarded because Atlanta didn't move the ball or score for shit in the second half. Only a moron thinks they'd magically put together a td drive in overtime if only they had a chance and they only lost cause they didn't get the ball.

As far as Brady looking bad etc., in the first half he did look terrible. Ugly throws etc. and after the turnovers his face looked like he was incredibly frustrated which probably helped make things worse. They had a lot of dropped balls etc. too but it looked like he calmed down and started making much better looking throws in the second half.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The argument can be made for Atlanta's play calling that they kept doing what got them there. I can understand that. But when you look back at the 1st half and realize the Pats had zero way to fuck with Atlanta's RB's you know how fuckin dumb it was not to run it when the score was 28-3.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah and its basically always assumed that the 2nd half Pats game plan is never the same as the 1st half one, so they should have been prepared for that. This was a case of one team being completely out coached in the game. Brady, while good, was not super amazing as a passer last night. What he was was disciplined and focused, like the entire Pats team, which let them reap the rewards of the Falcons fuckups. A lot of lesser teams would have been done at that point. That's down to coaching and after watching McFattass piss away similar chances over the years, I knew what was coming the moment the Falcons went three and out in that first drive of the 3rd quarter.

As for the overtime stuff, I would prefer the college version where you take turns lining up at the 5 and the first team to score less loses, but lets face it the game was done at that point. The Atlanta D was completely gassed (2 to 1 Time of Possession is a killer) and the Pats winning the toss saved Ryan the embarrassment of going -5 yards on another three and out. Falcons literally dumped ice water on their own offense in the second half with that play selection.

As for greatest SB of all time, this was really good, but honestly I think in the last decade the Pats/Hawks and Packers/Steelers ones were more interesting, due to the back and forth. This one will be remembered as the greatest comeback and meltdown in SB history, though, so its at least memorable which makes it a better SB than most.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ESPN radio has talked all day about the incompetence of the falcons. They said Brady was pretty awful for the most part but lit up at the right times. They talked about lots of bad passes into heavy coverage and just being a very lucky group of guys. They said this was Brady's worst SB in a while. Inaccurate, etc but still has ice in his veins and knows how to finish. I thought this was pretty accurate really.

I feel for the 9ers. How in the fuck do you run 4 times in a half up by 25? Where the fuck do these guys learn the game? Seriously, after watching McFatty against Seattle, this game, and plenty of others, do NFL coaches just never learn? I remember an awful Miami team almost beating a really great Indy team by running out the clock. Is that really so hard to figure out with those RBs at Atlanta? I will say this as well. Outside of NE, no other team should feel like they have another shot just sitting in the bag. Atlanta may have fucked their only SB chance with Ryan. Seattle fucked away their chance and it's not been easy getting back(haven't). Dallas keeps getting closer and could pull it out next year. Rodgers is always a threat. Every year is different and Atlanta fucked their best chance at a ring with some of the stupidest play calling in history.

I wish I had the game on replay. When you're up 28-3 you take the air out of the ball.

I was screaming at the TV I think with 8 minutes left they had completed a pass and were snapping the ball with like 25 seconds left on the playclock....'WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING"

Its not like you have to be a chess grandmaster to figure out running out the clock is a good idea. I would love for someone to add up all the extra time the Falcons gave NE by snapping the ball with shit tons of time on the clock. Had to be at least 3-4 minutes they extended the game for the Pats. And this is not even factoring the choice to not run the ball.

Quinn is the head coach he can overrule any of it and tell them what to do so it ultimately falls on him. Ryan could tell Shanahan to fuck off and audible to a run play, hes not a fucking rookie he should have that leverage. Failure at every level.

But as I said, cant fault NE for exploiting their stupidity. That Edelman catch where it bounced around etc was almost like karma for the Tyree and Manningham shit from the past. Looks like we are just going to have to wait it out until BB dies or Brady retires.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Last years SB was better in my opinion. This year was extremely lopsided by the Falcons in the first half and equally lopsided by the Pats in the second half.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Being married to a philosophy that got them to high level coaching/coordinator positions is what sinks them. There's not enough mental flexibility or humility to explore other options than the tactics that got them there. I just don't understand how people that spend 16+ hours a day 7 days a week studying the game don't see the flaws in rigid schemes, nor ignore the fundamentals of the game.

• 1Like

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
My brother caught part of Brady's press conference in-between naps and Brady mentioned that his game jersey was stolen out of his gym bag after the game. He mentioned that he was going to give the jersey to his mom as a keep sake. I have not dug into any news sites to verify and not too sure if it would really be newsworthy considering the game as a whole yesterday.

So... which one of you Patriot fans swiped his sweaty jersey?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Last years SB was better in my opinion. This year was extremely lopsided by the Falcons in the first half and equally lopsided by the Pats in the second half.
You thought it was better because this year was lopsided? Did you not watch the SB last year? The Panthers didn't even show up.

• 3Solidarity

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I might be remembering wrong, but didn't he challenge this with like 2:01 left, like if he literally waited 1 second he would have gotten a free challenge. Atlanta was out their league. The Pats spotted them 25 t make it a game, did the NFL a solid so it wouldn't be 56-0.

Nah I thought so too but I went back and checked and the Pats could've gotten a play off at about 2:10ish.

The ref who called that correctly on the field is still a boss though. He should never have to pay for a beer in Boston.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The weird call to me was the delay of game by the punter. There were like 3 seconds left on the clock, delay of game, and then they wound the clock and the quarter ended? Shouldn't the clock have been stopped at 3 seconds?

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The weird call to me was the delay of game by the punter. There were like 3 seconds left on the clock, delay of game, and then they wound the clock and the quarter ended? Shouldn't the clock have been stopped at 3 seconds?

Yah, that bothered me as well. I have no idea why the clock ran there. It only cost the Patriot's like 10 seconds, but at that point in the game, any amount of time was valuable.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Say what you want about the play calling or clock management, but if the Falcons don't bumblefuck their way out of field goal range on that one drive OR the ball doesn't miraculously bounce on a dude's leg into Edelman's hands OR the defense manages to stop one of the two 2-point conversions, they are superbowl champs. I don't know what kind of deal Satan made for Brady and Belichick's souls, but he overpaid.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wish I had the game on replay. When you're up 28-3 you take the air out of the ball.

LOL maybe they did take the air out of the ball and that's why brady suddenly started completing passes.

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
My brother caught part of Brady's press conference in-between naps and Brady mentioned that his game jersey was stolen out of his gym bag after the game. He mentioned that he was going to give the jersey to his mom as a keep sake. I have not dug into any news sites to verify and not too sure if it would really be newsworthy considering the game as a whole yesterday.

So... which one of you Patriot fans swiped his sweaty jersey?

I'm hearing that a pats equipment manager saved it for him. But then I'm also hearing the governor has called in the Texas Rangers to investigate. So my money is on uber taking it. We won't see him for 18 months.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
You really think that Jimmy G or any backup QB for that matter, could have pulled off Brady's stats in this Super Bowl?

Obviously Brady is better than his backups. If for no other reason than because he's got more experience. But how can you look at the games he missed and not admit his backups are nearly as good as he is?

• 2Cutler
  • 1Like

Neki

Molten Core Raider
When you're up 28-3 you take the air out of the ball.

Picture of Tom Brady seen walking around during half time.

C38QJQjWEAAMWnM.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Obviously Brady is better than his backups. If for no other reason than because he's got more experience. But how can you look at the games he missed and not admit his backups are nearly as good as he is?

Not sure how to answer this. You say he is obviously better, then throw that away by saying his backups are nearly as good.

The games he has missed they really gave the backups two reads and a dump. Jimmy G just started this year with three reads and looked bad in pre-season. They went back two two reads , and he looked great. Big difference. Great coaching in that regard from the OC. I also think Jimmy G can make all the same throws as Brady BTW. Hell he showed it. He just can't read defenses on that Brady level. Well no one can I guess.

Experience is no doubt THE biggest factor... but that is what makes him the GOAT.

• 1Cutler

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think that game qualifies as a 'good' game. One team scored a billion points while the other didn't. Then that team scored 0 points while the others scored a billion points. Then the other team scored and won the game. I think the "best Superbowl of all time" would have some sort of back-and-forth tone to it or major underdog victory. Pats were favored to win, came back to tie, won on first OT possession. Could definitely have been a more interesting game....

....unless you're a Pats fan.

I agree partially, but it was still crazy to see the Pats come back like that.