NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
IDallas went from a HoF QB to Randall Cunningham, Anthony Wright, Quincy Carter, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson, and Drew Bledsoe before landing with Romo. Since then the only losing seasons coincided with Romo being out for most of the season (2010 and 2015).

Well, now I know why JJ had to draft so well the past few years. His FA record sucks some balls.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Tony Romo is just another Matt Ryan, just with a better deep ball and more picks. His only playoff wins have come against the mighty Detroit Lions and Iggles. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy as a player and his public persona, but he is just not a top tier QB. If nothing else, I think Dak's success this year has more or less exposed that fact to a lot of people.

You've gone full retard lately. Not sure why Romo's 3 more picks over their entire careers is more significant, but now you're saying wins are all that matter so Eli > Rodgers now? ok..

What does it mean for Rodgers since his backup came in and played at a higher level than Rodgers could ever dream of?

120317_Flynn.jpg

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
No thanks, no combo today. Can I get a cup for water?
If I ever end up working in the fast food industry, I'll be sure to let the entire forum know so maybe one of you will have the mercy of shooting me in the fucking head.

Also, did anyone watch that game when Matt Flynn threw for 6 TDs? How the fuck could he not beat out Pryor for the job in Oakland?

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Matt Cassell took the greatest offense in the history of the NFL, an offense that steamrolled a regular season to 16-0, blowing out almost all its opponents and missed the playoffs. Not sure how people forget about this.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Matt Cassell took the greatest offense in the history of the NFL, an offense that steamrolled a regular season to 16-0, blowing out almost all its opponents and missed the playoffs. Not sure how people forget about this.
You went 10-6 that year. It's not like you went 2-14. You had bad luck when it came to tiebreakers. Cassell proved system > individual talent.

moontayle

Golden Squire
They missed the playoffs at 11-5. Outside of the AFC West, the conference was pretty strong that year, 6 teams with 11 or more wins. Miami caught them flatfooted with the Wildcat stuff, but overall they were still a good team.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
So greatest offense ever, to average. They traded him and Mike Vrabel for a 2nd round pick. Nobody thought Cassel was good.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
They missed the playoffs at 11-5. Outside of the AFC West, the conference was pretty strong that year, 6 teams with 11 or more wins. Miami caught them flatfooted with the Wildcat stuff, but overall they were still a good team.
Was it 11-5? That makes it even worse. I'm curious how many times a team finishes 11-5 and misses the playoffs.

Brady ain't shit. His back-up went 11-5. Pfft.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Cassel's subsequent lack of success injects a certain amount of skepticism on players coming out of New England because of that. But it also illustrates that you can succeed with even slightly above average play at QB if the skill players (in their case, Welker and Moss) are good as well. I mean, they still had 4 games where they scored 40 or more points, and finished 8th in scoring offense.

I think the key loss they suffered was that week 3 one versus Miami, when they pulled out the Wildcat and dropped 38 on them. Cassel can't control getting shit on by a team led by Chad Pennington.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
So greatest offense ever, to average. They traded him and Mike Vrabel for a 2nd round pick. Nobody thought Cassel was good.

You do know Denver had the greatest offense of all time right? 11-5 isn't average and every year teams are different, schedules are different, coaching is different, etc. Cassel had to learn the ins and outs when Brady had never missed time before. Could the entire team have needed some adjustment from this? Cassel missed the playoffs in a year that 6 AFC teams had more than 10 wins. The year before, just 4. The Pats played 6 games against probably the weakest group of AFCE teams in 16 years in 2007. Cameron led Dolphins? Jauron led Bills? Mangini led Jets? Wow, that was some competition! So, because Brady led the 2ND best offense of all time against a very weak AFC, got bitch slapped by the Giants, and his backup still had a similar season to most of his early ones, Brady is the reason that team is good? You kid, you kid. I'm sure of it.

Last edited:
  • 3Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Please tell me what offense Denver had prior to 2007 that was the greatest ever. You fucking shit tool.

• 1Salty
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Did Miami have like 15 blocked kicks against them or something in 84? That's a fucking ton of first downs and yards to then have 9 FG's.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Thank you for proving me right. zzeris zzeris has dick for brains.

Seems like I triggered you. You did notice who was at the top of a_skeleton_06's list right? 13 Den is not 07 Pats but good try. Second best isn't the end of the world. Even in a very, very, very weak year for the AFC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You've gone full retard lately. Not sure why Romo's 3 more picks over their entire careers is more significant, but now you're saying wins are all that matter so Eli > Rodgers now? ok..

What does it mean for Rodgers since his backup came in and played at a higher level than Rodgers could ever dream of?

View attachment 112113
Number one, I happen to think Flynn was a better QB. He had a drinking problem and fucked off in practice, though, which is why McFatty never gave him a shot. And as for Romo, I was talking playoff wins. Since you are a Dallas fan I can understand your unfamiliar with the concept.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like I triggered you. You did notice who was at the top of a_skeleton_06's list right? 13 Den is not 07 Pats but good try. Second best isn't the end of the world. Even in a very, very, very weak year for the AFC.

2007 is before 2013. Keep arguing though. You're the Tolan and Tanoomba of the NFL thread

• 1Cutler
  • 1Salty

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be fair, you said greatest offense ever. Not greatest offense up to that point. You lose in a battle of semantics.

Also, Rodgers > Peyton > Brady.

That Terrell Davis was pretty good. For 4 years.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like