giphy.gif

Patriots fans right now.

cropped_brady_saltbae.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Imagine how different that game could've ended up if that fucking boss-ass ref didn't correctly call the Edelman catch on the field without a replay. It led to the Falcons retardedly challenging the play with like 2:03 left in the quarter instead of just waiting for 3 seconds and watching it 15 times for free on the Jumbotron. It both saved the Pats a timeout AND allowed the Falcons to blow one of their own unnecessarily.

Edit: Woops, nevermind. Looks like there was more like 2:10 on the clock and the pats had enough time to run a play.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Berra has 10 rings for the Yankees, Dimaggio has 9 with some overlap, Mantle has 7 etc. Yankees have won 27 titles or roughly a quarter of them.

Henri Richard 11 Stanley Cups, Montreal Canadiens (24 in franchise history): ’56-’60, ’65, ’66, ’68, ’69, ’71, ’73

I almost went to bed after the Lady Gaga show. I really didn't care who would have won but I will admit that it was interesting seeing either or both the Pats gaining momentum and or the Falcons crumbling. The overtime rule about first one to score wins is kinda strange, there is too much at stake to gamble it on a coin flip. Reminded me of the first season of competitive Overwatch.

Last edited:

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Grats NE, didn't think you could run with our speed but having twice as many plays can over come any speed. Can't believe Kyle called the second half like he did. Fell back into a few of those games like we did earlier in the season where we get +20 point lead to run run pass punt crap trying to burn the clock.

Good thing all GA sports has built me up for huge let downs over my 43 years or this would be devastating lol.

Had no I idea the Falcons were going as the poster child for Hillary supporters, awww there is a silver lining. Praise Kek!

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No, the Patriots were the only team that COULD overcome those odds. If the Falcons score say...17 points and then kick a field goal to match new englands before the half and are up 17, how does that play out?

The Patriots scored 34 unanswered points. Thats shockingly incredible. My point is, this game seemed epic but if Atlanta doesnt have that first half outburst to ficilitate their lead, this game would have been a historic blowout.

2 2pt conversions is obviously beyond reproach and different circumstances would have perhaps resulted in PATs but they had missed their only PAT attempt they tried, so it was a perfect storm of circumstances that led to Atlanta choking away a title just like Carrol did 2 years ago. He taught Quinn good.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
No, the Patriots were the only team that COULD overcome those odds. If the Falcons score say...17 points and then kick a field goal to match new englands before the half and are up 17, how does that play out?

The Patriots scored 34 unanswered points. Thats shockingly incredible. My point is, this game seemed epic but if Atlanta doesnt have that first half outburst to ficilitate their lead, this game would have been a historic blowout.

2 2pt conversions is obviously beyond reproach and different circumstances would have perhaps resulted in PATs but they had missed their only PAT attempt they tried, so it was a perfect storm of circumstances that led to Atlanta choking away a title just like Carrol did 2 years ago. He taught Quinn good.
First half was standard Falcons football. Our D is only able to play for 2 quarters any given sunday and I think they did fucking fantastic the latter part of this season especially in post season. held pats to a FG, held Greenbay scoreless at the halfway mark. The effort they put in today was the best we could of hoped for, hell beyond the best really.

Our offense is what failed. bad play calls, bad clock management, failure to adjust after the half knowing that belichick was definitely going to adjust.
We put up 28 points in like 8 minutes (well 21, pick 6 in there) and then failed to move the ball on offense for 2 fucking quarters.

I felt certain of my 48 ATL 32 Patriots prediction going in to the half at 21-3, because I knew our defense was on the field too long and hell, they're one of the last ranked defenses for good reason. I expected the pats to put up 30 points in the 2nd half. What I didn't expect was our offense to fucking fizzle out. We shoulda put up another 21-28 points in the 2nd half, instead we did shit.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Imagine how different that game could've ended up if that fucking boss-ass ref didn't correctly call the Edelman catch on the field without a replay. It led to the Falcons retardedly challenging the play with like 2:03 left in the quarter instead of just waiting for 3 seconds and watching it 15 times for free on the Jumbotron. It both saved the Pats a timeout AND allowed the Falcons to blow one of their own unnecessarily.

Edit: Woops, nevermind. Looks like there was more like 2:10 on the clock and the pats had enough time to run a play.
That's a good call. I'm not sure what that challenge was about. It was one of those in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "I hope that timeout doesn't cost them," but I figured it was pretty irrelevant at that point.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
honestly, i think the main issue is..

while the score didn't reflect it...the pats OFFENSE was moving the ball fairly well in the first half, they had the ball 7 minutes more- in the first half- than the falcons, then in the second half...it was more of the same...hot stadium and a defense that CANNOT GET OFF THE FIELD = make mistakes..

once Atlanta's Defense got Tired....BAM...patriots offense goes berzerk...the pats ran 93 plays for the game..that is a shit load of plays- and with atlanta playing mostly man coverage, the secondary got gassed.

final stats
patriots 93 plays on offense- atlanta 46
time of possession- patriots 40, atlanta 23

white while a good choice for mvp, brady throwing him the ball is what is putting him there...

white 14 catches
edelman 5
amendola 8
mitchell 7
bennet 5
hogan 4

Last edited:

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
as for greatest "Dynasty" ever in sports.

No. That would be the Celtics in the 60's or the Yankees in the 50's...

Greatest FOOTBALL Dynasty... yes..yes they are...anyone see the Tweets of the Records the Pats have set...

C39lSM6UkAA2n30.jpg

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I should go find that post about how the game would turn out. Pats by 20, lulz Pats fans are so retarded. It played out exact;y how I said it would and it was close just like I said it would be. Jones at times had 3 guys bracketing him, and Sanu and Gabriel made plays in his absence. White catching dump passes all over the place when guys were in man killed the Falcons defense later in the game, and they never adjusted to it. Good move by McDaniels.

Atlanta's defense also got gassed because when their offense did score, they did quickly. Which would have been fine if their offense didnt completely shut down outside of the 1 td to start the 2nd half. Falcons when they got in 3rd down were 1/8, so their defense played almost the entire second half. Add to that their 3rd down defense was atrocious, and as soon as the Pats won the coin flip it was gg. Their gameplan worked flawlessly in the 1st half, Pats receivers could not get open vs man. Shit, they sacked Brady 5 times.

Still, Atlanta did what they needed to be in a position to win which was all you could ask for if you were a Falcons fan. That decision after Julio made the huge catch that put them in fg range to start passing was honestly as dumb as not running Lynch the last time. Kick fg you win, situational football 101. Quinn should have told them to run, Shanahan should have told them to run, and if they were too dumb Ryan should have audibled into a run.

I think the biggest factor in the game proved to be McDaniels vs Kyle Shanahan, where McDaniels made the adjustments the Patriots needed to get their offense going in the 2nd half while Shanahan Jr struggled to adjust when the Patriots started blitzing more in the 2nd half.

• 1Salty

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
James White should've been MVP.
The next 3 highest yardage totals for a QB were:

414, 377, and 365, all by Kurt Warner (414 was Greatest Show on Turf).

Brady had 466. Now granted, he had an entire extra drive for that, but he crushed it. Super Bowl MVP is almost always a QB award anyway, so I don't see a problem with it.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Relieved he won't get blamed for a Superbowl loss, but if you think Belichick is going to let him keep his job... lol. Fucker is done. He better start putting out resume's now if he wants a job next season.

• 1Cutler

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's a good call. I'm not sure what that challenge was about. It was one of those in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "I hope that timeout doesn't cost them," but I figured it was pretty irrelevant at that point.

That Challenge was the desperate last act of a coach that realized he had pissed away the game hoping for a miracle. The real story of this game is how the Falcons could not move the ball in the second half, due to bad play calling.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Relieved he won't get blamed for a Superbowl loss, but if you think Belichick is going to let him keep his job... lol. Fucker is done. He better start putting out resume's now if he wants a job next season.

I doubt it. Dude was baller with his place kicking all game and a major reason the Falcons could not get out of their half of the field.