NHL 2021-22 Season - Now A Turner Classic

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Panthers controlling this game more than they were in game two and they'll still lose. Having Vasilevskiy is just fucking cheating.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Two goals called back. Bout the only way Toronto gets to stay relevant in the second round.

have to say they got them both right, though. Other than Tampa not getting called for a penalty on the 2nd one.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you told me back in the regular season Lightning would've swept Florida I wouldn't have believed you. Vassy might be the greatest goaltender of all time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

If you told me back in the regular season Lightning would've swept Florida I wouldn't have believed you. Vassy might be the greatest goaltender of all time.

6 of the last 7 elimination games he's shut out the other team. The only game he didn't during this stretch was a 2-1 win over Toronto in Game 7 last round.

Utter insanity.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
What a game from Vasi. TB might actually win a non-asterisk cup =)

Seriously though, that's like 6 ECF in 8 seasons or something? Unreal.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He’s good, but is he Kyle Fucking Quincy?

Also, ooof

Attachments

• 10EEF303-4BBF-4143-B9AD-C695B2CF19FB.jpeg
    10EEF303-4BBF-4143-B9AD-C695B2CF19FB.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 13

Merrith

He’s good, but is he Kyle Fucking Quincy?

Also, ooof

Their cap situation isn't great, either.

National broadcast just showed Vasy's stats over his last 7 elimination games. Filthy doesn't even begin to describe it. This is the best run by a goalie in playoff history.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Panthers controlling this game more than they were in game two and they'll still lose. Having Vasilevskiy is just fucking cheating.

He was great again but Tampa blocked a ton of shots as well. In fact I think Tampa had more high danger shots despite being outshot almost 2-1.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The curse of the President's Trophy continues. Feel bad for that Cats. I was really rooting for them this year. But you cant help but just be impressed by Tampa. Everything they do from top to bottom is perfection. They draft and sign the right guys and just keep being a juggernaut. I wouldnt be mad at all if they win a third straight cup.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
He was great again but Tampa blocked a ton of shots as well. In fact I think Tampa had more high danger shots despite being outshot almost 2-1.
Yeah I didn’t mean to downplay Tampa’s overall play. They were great but Florida was controlling the puck for the vast majority of the game.

Merrith

More high danger, but not more scoring chances overall, and Florida had edge in expected goals. All situations they had almost 4 expected goals for the game, saw on a Panthers board Vasy saved something like ~10 goals above expected for the series, top 5 for any playoff series in the shootout era...and it was only a 4 game series.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I dunno I think it was very clear that he used his skate like that to knock it in. Does it need to be a distinct soccer style "kick" for it to be against the rules? I'm seeing a lot of mixed reactions over it.

The dumb thing is it was going in anyway.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
brother it was literally going in anyway, he was locked into the position he ended up in by the edmonton player and was trying to stabilize himself
theres no world that was a kick attempt

That was not deemed a kick lmao, come on dude