Nintendo 3DS News, Games, etc.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So street pass is really a feature for kids that play the 3ds with their whole school and all help each other out?

First 3ds game I've ever played has been the Bravely Default demo and the street pass seems so weird for someone like me that has no one else ever around them that has friends with 3ds.

Since bravely default does have the summon friends feature, we going to have to share friend ids or something so we can help each other out!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So street pass is really a feature for kids that play the 3ds with their whole school and all help each other out?

First 3ds game I've ever played has been the Bravely Default demo and the street pass seems so weird for someone like me that has no one else ever around them that has friends with 3ds.

Since bravely default does have the summon friends feature, we going to have to share friend ids or something so we can help each other out!
StreetPass is the gayest thing in the world.

Needless

Toe Sucker
If you ever visit Disneyland/world, it's worth it to turn Streetpass on and check your 3DS at the end of the day :p
I don't mean checking your 3DS every 5 minutes to clear your 10 person queue.
I meant Setting up a router to act as a hotspot, in the article he posted lol

I've done PAX and disneyworld/land with the 3DS, that shit is draining haha

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'm up to over 800 streetpass chars, every morning when i walk my dog I take my 3ds along to get the 10 gold coins and unlock the 9 streetpassers - I could do it every 5 minutes if I really wanted, but don't give enough of a fuck. when bravely default goes on sale and i pick it up hopefully my library of streetpass chars will be usable, although I guess I should try the demo to see if I would even like the game. I've tried playing persona 4 (vita) but even after getting 10 or 15% into it, I just am not into it. too japanese for me, but I am absolutely loving might and magic X on pc, gonna try smt IV on NDS after.

Nosf_sl

shitlord
I setup streetpass router mainly as a curiousity after reading how it worked. I grabbed about 9 or so 'legit' with 5 of those coming from the local booze store when I went to get my wife a bottle of wine on the way home one night.

If you have a second hand router or buy one for ~$5 at a Goodwill or salvage PC shop, it's trivial to setup the streetpass router. I had Cisco 160 that locks up intermittently that I took off a client when I replaced it with a new 320. It took me a few minutes to flash it, setup a MAC filter to only allow my 3DS XL to connect. Since then I've seen a few hundred streetpass miis land on my handheld. For the most part, I don't care but I did fire up Zelda after taking a month off and the little yard where signs from visitors appear was full. I haven't seen a single person come through for the Bravely Default demo though, but I heard there's a trick to getting your 20 in the game itself. The amusing thing is that after I setup the 160 with the new dd-wrt firmware, it hasn't really locked up since, apparently Cisco overclocked the thing for whatever reason and flashing it with dd-wrt 'fixes' that.

For the most part it seems useless, you can collect the little picture panels and unlock 3d images you'll look at once and never look at again, and the find mii game is pretty dopey if you're over 12 but at least my mii has a Samus helmet now. Lots of time I click through my 9 or 10 little visitors and think to myself, "Wasting your time" but I guess I may as well keep at it - it's easy rupees in Zelda when you murder someone's shadow Link for a bounty.

spronk

FPS noob
what mac ID are you using on your cisco for the wireless streetpass part, I have gotten a total of 2 shadow zeldas come through but I have it cycling a lot, may set it to just stick to 1. are you using the attwifi ssid?

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening and it's lived up to the hype. Really glad I got the Mugen battery, but haven't been able to find a case that accommodates the thicker profile.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Nintendo eShop - Special Offers

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords is free to download between Thursday, Jan. 30, at 9 AM (PST) until Sunday, Feb. 2, at 11:59 PM (PST).
Wow, thanks for the heads up.
biggrin.png

Szlia

It's a GameCube game designed to be played with four players, each using a GBA as controller.

Supposedly, all 16 people who managed to play through the game like that said it was awesome.

spronk

FPS noob
i haven't played it yet but on reddit people were saying the free download includes a new single player mode. its free and old as fuck, who gives a shit just download and try it out

The Master

Bronze Squire
It was also rereleased on the Gamecube as a single-player game with a "formation" system where you controlled all four Links and could put them in different formations. This is probably just a port of that.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
If you haven't bought a 3DS/2DS or have one but haven't registered it, now is the time to do it - you can get a free copy of Pokemon X/Y out of it.

Nintendo.com - Club Nintendo Pokmon offer

Just have to register the 3DS plus a game (from a list of pretty popular games you'd want to own anyways) and you get a free copy of Pokemon.