Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Only really interested in Metroid and Fire Emblem, hoping we still get FE this year(doubtful though).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Fallout 3... lol Good lord. (Guessing that one is real because they are touting their own viral for it, and Bethesda doesn't have to work hard to remaster it) but FO3 is already an enhanced Xbox One X title and looks perfect. Not to mention I think everyone and their mom at this point would rather have New Vegas remastered than 3.

Metroid is the only thing on that list from where I sit where I'll have to go find a Switch for a couple weeks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm seems emulation for Switch is progressing pretty quick, granted it's a fairly low tech game but still

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yoshi's Flipping Island made me chuckle for some reason. Funny title.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone have 2 Switches in one household? Seems the best way to manage that is to have a different game purchasing account on each, can't have a single account buy all the games because you have to deactivate one Switch to play them on the other (oof), do I have that right?

Suggestions?

I wouldn't bother, but we've got an unused One S and I'll never get $250 for it like the Gamestop deal.

Kaita

Golden Squire
Anyone have 2 Switches in one household? Seems the best way to manage that is to have a different game purchasing account on each, can't have a single account buy all the games because you have to deactivate one Switch to play them on the other (oof), do I have that right?

Suggestions?

I wouldn't bother, but we've got an unused One S and I'll never get $250 for it like the Gamestop deal.

We have three switches currently, mostly to play multiplayer splatoon together. We purchase everything physical, that way we can share carts between consoles.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The longer I have my switch the more I like it. The odds are zero I would have ever bought another Gameboy type thing. But switch mobility is great.

• 1Like

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
My kids love Fortnite on the Switch, we have two of them. The best part is I can have one kid on either side of me while I play on the Xbox One.

So far our best is 2nd place. But it's ridiculously fun and not something you can easily do with traditional consoles.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone cracked this thing like the 3DS yet?
There was a bypass found a couple months ago or whatever, unpatchable too they need to change it physically on the console, but not sure where they are with the tools to run shit off that at this point. If you do want to benefit from it in the future, getting an original version switch is probably a good idea though, since they're remaking a bunch of them they'll probably fix it in future versions.

There is also emulator work being done but that's like 2years off being able to run any game at a remotely acceptable rate besides weird shit like Sonic because it uses an emulator itself and for some reason runs perfectly already.

spronk

FPS noob
the switch has been... mostly cracked wide open since mid June, there is a commercial CFW you can buy called Team Executor SX that has a dongle (like the old 3ds gateway thing) and a software package and it lets you run backups, downloads, etc. However if you go online at all with that switch you get banned 100%.

A free version similar to all the free 3DS ones is still being worked on, Atmosphere. While there are ways to run pirate games with just free software its apparently a lot of complicated steps and again you will get banned if you ever go online, and people say just running the hack software leaves traces that Nintendo could detect, even erasing the traces is a "footprint".

So for now the basic answer is kinda but not really, but all indications are that it should be cracked wide open fairly soon and I've seen a few posts saying that stuff like freeshop (download anything from nintendo eshop) should be do-able with some more work.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Anyone cracked this thing like the 3DS yet?

it's not as good as the 3ds/WiiU capabilities(it seems Nintendo finnaly wisened up on downloading straight from there servers) but copied games can be done, have too pay for the Executor SX(for now) too actually run them. As said if you ever go online with it, auto ban.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also from what I've read, if you run a pirated copy of the pirate program, they'll brick your console. There were a few news posts about that and how it was kinda ironic.