Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Also from what I've read, if you run a pirated copy of the pirate program, they'll brick your console. There were a few news posts about that and how it was kinda ironic.
Just to clarify, the pirates brick your console for pirating the pirate software?

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just to clarify, the pirates brick your console for pirating the pirate software?
Yeah, they brick your console for running a pirated version of the software that they may or may not have stolen huge chunks of to begin with. There was some work to remove the bricking code but I'm not sure on how that's progressing.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
From what I understand it was some "config" change you could make on it, didn't actually brick the system just locked the bootrom to be password protected(had too buy the software license too unlock)....

still though as a low level systems programmer, I would tear this shit apart if I had a switch and make a master unlock..

spronk

FPS noob
oh wow i had no idea this was a thing, if your switch firmware is below v4.0 (sadly probably everyone here has already updated) there is a secret easter egg that can only be launched on July 11th every year, the day Iwato the former beloved CEO of Nintendo died

If you install homebrew you can run it as well

spronk

FPS noob
Target had a glitch last night where they sent out multiple 15% coupons (6 of em) and they stacked, I picked up a switch for $108 today morning. Gonna fuck around this weekend with the hacker stuff and leave one switch untouched

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Target had a glitch last night where they sent out multiple 15% coupons (6 of em) and they stacked, I picked up a switch for $108 today morning. Gonna fuck around this weekend with the hacker stuff and leave one switch untouched
Damn I would have picked one up for that price, real quick.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
if you have a mobile phone install twitter, follow wario64 and turn on notifications and you won't miss out any deals, he pretty much posts them all

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i think without the dongle you can't actually install any pirated games though, just homebrew apps. there's a way to do pirated games with the homebrew stuff but apparently you have to jump through all sorts of crazy hoops.

i downloaded a few games - theres a subreddit, /r/switchroms - that has links to ROMS for every single switch game ever made, like 1.1TB of roms - and wanna fuck around with it later just for kicks on my 2nd hacked switch, but i also wanna install the latest stuff on my vita which I got a Sd2Vita adapter from ebay for, which lets you use any MicroSD card in your vita.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
i think without the dongle you can't actually install any pirated games though, just homebrew apps. there's a way to do pirated games with the homebrew stuff but apparently you have to jump through all sorts of crazy hoops.

i downloaded a few games - theres a subreddit, /r/switchroms - that has links to ROMS for every single switch game ever made, like 1.1TB of roms - and wanna fuck around with it later just for kicks on my 2nd hacked switch, but i also wanna install the latest stuff on my vita which I got a Sd2Vita adapter from ebay for, which lets you use any MicroSD card in your vita.
Check out r/switchpirates and they have a new FAQ right now.

I slapped on the SX OS and I don't have a dongle. It was the easiest process out there. I dragged a xci to my SD card and it plays instantly and even downloaded updates from the Nintendo servers.

Look up CDNSP though and a guide for that. It's basically just like freeshop from the 3DS style where you download the official game but you do it to your PC. From there you can load it in SX or Reinx and play them. They are smaller than the xci and they install to the console unlike the cart emulation. Reinx isn't as perfect as SX though. It is free though.

If you need any help let me know but I would suggest buying an SX OS license from modchipsdirect.com and using that if you don't want to buy the actual dongle. You only ever need to do something if you power the console completely off.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Weren't there reports a couple weeks ago about people saying their entire nintendo account got banned from using online stuff with a cracked console? Maybe it was the new 3DS patch not sure but I remember seeing something like that and how Nintendo didn't just ban them from online play, from the whole thing, can't even download updates or anything.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah nintendo tracks a lot of shit, thats why i have a fully clean Switch on 5.1.0 using my own personal nintendo ID, and then a totally different switch thats got the jig on it and autoRCM that does NOT have my nintendo ID attached (each NNID can only be on one switch anyways) but a dummy one that has only f2p games (fortnite, pokemon quest) and $0 acct balance so if they ban it no big deal. I don't online play with it either, only do stuff with network disabled and only go online to do firmware upgrades, etc. eventually i'll put all the pirate ROMs and emulators for SNES/NES/Genesis/Atari Lynx/etc on it so it can be my portable games machine.

i also don't use NXShop for that reason, since you are installing it on the switch and downloading from Nintendo CDNs it might be a problem down the road. Instead I use CDNSP, takes only ~5 mins to install on my PC with this thread and I can download any game using it or the reddit thread I linked above that has google drive links to all switch ROMs. Still have to fuck around on that final step though that a_skeleton_03 mentions, copying the ROM to the switch and booting up into SX OS to install and play it. Just haven't really had time, playing red dead redemption 1 and Black Ops 4 beta too much
[APP] CDNSP GUI v4 (No setup needed, simply double click and use!) (Beginner friendly) (FIXED NEW DB FORMAT ERROR) - Made in Python by Bob (Rex123a1)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
yeah nintendo tracks a lot of shit, thats why i have a fully clean Switch on 5.1.0 using my own personal nintendo ID, and then a totally different switch thats got the jig on it and autoRCM that does NOT have my nintendo ID attached (each NNID can only be on one switch anyways) but a dummy one that has only f2p games (fortnite, pokemon quest) and $0 acct balance so if they ban it no big deal. I don't online play with it either, only do stuff with network disabled and only go online to do firmware upgrades, etc. eventually i'll put all the pirate ROMs and emulators for SNES/NES/Genesis/Atari Lynx/etc on it so it can be my portable games machine.

i also don't use NXShop for that reason, since you are installing it on the switch and downloading from Nintendo CDNs it might be a problem down the road. Instead I use CDNSP, takes only ~5 mins to install on my PC with this thread and I can download any game using it or the reddit thread I linked above that has google drive links to all switch ROMs. Still have to fuck around on that final step though that a_skeleton_03 mentions, copying the ROM to the switch and booting up into SX OS to install and play it. Just haven't really had time, playing red dead redemption 1 and Black Ops 4 beta too much
[APP] CDNSP GUI v4 (No setup needed, simply double click and use!) (Beginner friendly) (FIXED NEW DB FORMAT ERROR) - Made in Python by Bob (Rex123a1)
Yeah I do CDNSP myself and I don't play online at all so I don't care.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Is this just a piracy thread now or do we still talk about games here?

• 1Salty

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Both, though the piracy thing is far more interesting then the games.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Is this just a piracy thread now or do we still talk about games here?
Before I bumped it on Thursday there wasn’t a post in this thread for two weeks. I had to find it on the second page of this sub forum.

You are more than able to post about games all you want.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users