Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I like hearing about Nintendo's complete lack of security because they still have their heads up their keester, so that is good to hear about too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Games that are worth it can get their own thread, the console threads are generally about the console news(new update, new accessories, price drops, sales numbers, this kind of shit). Octopath is the last big Switch game and has its own thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Octopath also broke 1 million sales, which is a great number for a Switch game.. but if it was released on all platforms they probably would have added a 0 to that. Pretty sure Nintendo didn't pay that much for exclusivity.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
10million seems wishful for a turn based RPG. They could have easily gotten 2-3millions more but past that I'm not sure, at least not short term. Without an exclusivity the game probably wouldn't have been made though, or it'd be a lot lower quality because of lack of funds.

spronk

FPS noob
funny thing is its not even really piracy for me, i own all these games thanks to gamestop / target glitch, but for octopath for example there is no way i am starting a JRPG on the switch without a way to backup my save, ever since my wii u died a few years ago and i lost all my saves on it including a 10 hour windwalker HD save. eventually my plan is to dump my ROMs title key so I could even update online etc with it since I wouldn't share the key ever but right now switch piracy is pretty low on the list of things i feel i gotta get done asap. just backing up my NAND was fun enough.

although it does remind me, nintendo is supposed to launch their online service in sept. So if you are currently playing splatoon, mario kart 8, etc online for free, well, that only lasts another month. still their price is great, its what like $20/yr? i assume online cloud saves are part of the service at launch, although i guess you can never assume with N.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah 20 bucks a year and includes 20 NES games with online play. Not bad. Considering MS is $59 a year for online and 9.99 a month for Gamepass.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
LA Noire is $23.99 at Best Buy with GCU, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is $35.99 with GCU. Probably been there before, but I don’t see the more popular games discounted that often.

spronk

FPS noob
direct was today lotta games including animal crossing switch, luigi's mansion 3, super mario bros U, a smash ultimate bundle, yoshi crafted world, and pretty much all the final fantasy games being ported plus a new game freak RPG called Town

New Games in the Animal Crossing and Luigi’s Mansion Series Coming to Nintendo Switch

decent stuff although most seems to be 2019? Gamestop was giving $300 trade value for switch yesterday (with a $50 coupon), i traded both my switches in, including my jail broken one (re-factory initialized ofc) after deactivating my ID on them, just don't really play much and honestly jail breaking one isn't that interesting or useful to me really, outside of maybe being used as a ROM arcade portable.

may get a smash bundle though

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Well, they managed to find a character to add to Smash that literally no one on the planet would predict, so, well done on that, I guess.

spronk

FPS noob
smash bundle up at best buy can do in store pickup, not charged until pickup
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-smash-bundle/6298424.p

also the NES switch controllers may be exclusive to nintendo online customers
Special Offers – Nintendo Switch™ Online – Member exclusives

hero.jpg

list of announced games
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
  • Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Katamari Damacy Reroll
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  • TOWN (new RPG by Pokémon developer Game Freak)
  • Cities: Skylines Nintendo Switch Edition
  • World of Final Fantasy Maxima
  • New Animal Crossing game for Switch
  • Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
  • Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle (bundle of Final Fight, King of Dragons, Captain Commando, Knights of the Round, Warriors of Fate, Armored Warriors, Battle Circuit)
  • Sid Meier's Civilization VI
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Nintendo Switch Online launch titles

Not sure what to say about this direct. We all knew Animal Crossing was coming eventually but it's good for them to confirm it. Town was a surprise and it looks interesting. Square Enix porting a bunch of FF is nice. 2019 for the Switch has the potential to be interesting but it could just as easily be as bad as 2018.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I was excited about the controllers until I saw the price. Flipping $59.99 and I'm guessing shipping won't be free either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Been out of the console game scene since SNES; recently bought a Switch for the family. The joy cons or whatever they are called, are truly a terrible design. No one knows how to make that shit work and I fumble through it every time, then find out the thing needs charging. What the shit is this crap?

Also, whatever happened to the Wii? All of that content is not available on the Switch? Why not?