Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
i'm just happy the rumors of a more powerful switch were false, i hate it having the normie version of a console if a more powerful version exists

switch lite is really smart, way more sturdy for kids without parts that can come off and $100 cheaper. Probably be a game bundle for black friday, makes the perfect xmas gifts

comparing switch and switch lite you can see the diffs here
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/compare/

D_HaIJDU0AMkN5v.jpg:large

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Remember to buy the cart version of your games otherwise you have to re-buy everything for your kids' Switch Lite. (Digitial purchases are only playable on the "Primary" console.)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Remember to buy the cart version of your games otherwise you have to re-buy everything for your kids' Switch Lite. (Digitial purchases are only playable on the "Primary" console.)
I don’t think that’s what they said, you can play digital games on secondary system if it’s linked to the account and connected to the internet ( which would suck, so make your portable one the primary and the normal one secondary)

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I always love these commercials. Let's go outside on a beautiful day, with the ocean and skateboards and beaches, and all conglomerate on a cement bench to play Mario Kart. With the added effect of Sun Glare on your switch so you wouldn't be able to see a damn thing anyway. Then, let's go to a sweet high rise night life party in some city with tons of people everywhere and booze and ladies and what not, and well, screw all that I brought my Switch. Let's sit here and play Smash Brothers.

Have seen people more then once playing on a Switch at climbing gyms like in the commerical. You take breaks on between climbs so it makes sense. They even had a Switch Mario Kart tournament at my climbing gym.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I don’t think that’s what they said, you can play digital games on secondary system if it’s linked to the account and connected to the internet ( which would suck, so make your portable one the primary and the normal one secondary)

You're right. The requirements have changed since I last checked, and Nintendo's official account description is awkwardly worded. Here's a clearer take:

"Basically, Nintendo labels the Switch device you assign to your Nintendo account as your primary console. You can use your Nintendo account to log in to a secondary console, but it must be connected to the internet when you’re playing, and the game can’t be played at the same time on the primary console. If you decide you want to start playing again on your primary console, this will pause the game on your secondary console."

That's not perfect but not nearly as obnoxious as what I thought before.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Have seen people more then once playing on a Switch at climbing gyms like in the commerical. You take breaks on between climbs so it makes sense. They even had a Switch Mario Kart tournament at my climbing gym.

Please take a pic of this next time and post it. This sounds hilarious.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I think this is great for the younger market. $300 is a hard pill to swallow for a gift for one kid. $199 is a lot easier to bear.

I suspect the pro will drop next year.

Szlia

Too bad they did not change the form of the Switch Lite a bit. I tried playing some Mario Maker the other day in handheld mode and it was unbearable.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, Switch Lite definitely seems targeted towards kids. Even if I wanted a Switch entirely for handheld use, the fact that the screen is even smaller/worse than the regular Switch one would be an immediate NOPE.

On the other hand, I pre-ordered these the day they were announced at E3:

• 1Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Too bad they did not change the form of the Switch Lite a bit. I tried playing some Mario Maker the other day in handheld mode and it was unbearable.
Satisfye - Accessories Compatible with Nintendo Switch - Comfortable & Ergonomic Switch Grip, Joy Con & Switch Control - #1 Switch Accessories Designed for Gamers. FREE BONUS: 4 Thumbsticks
Couple give this a shot, my hand pain playing in portable mode pretty much went away after I started using it.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I always love these commercials. Let's go outside on a beautiful day, with the ocean and skateboards and beaches, and all conglomerate on a cement bench to play Mario Kart. With the added effect of Sun Glare on your switch so you wouldn't be able to see a damn thing anyway. Then, let's go to a sweet high rise night life party in some city with tons of people everywhere and booze and ladies and what not, and well, screw all that I brought my Switch. Let's sit here and play Smash Brothers.

We all know what the real Switch commercial should be.

I would get fucked up on ecstacy at a night club and play snake on my flip phone in a corner until my eyes couldn't focus on the screen. Thanks for that random memory. I'd forgotten about that.

• 1Worf

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The new SoC (Mariko) used in the Switch Lite is also going to start showing up in the normal Switch, starting in mid-August. Nintendo says battery life of the new models will go from a max of 6.5 hours battery life to 9 hours. Price, packaging, etc will be the same but there will be a new serial code scheme to tell the difference. This isn't the rumored Switch "Pro", just a die shrink that improves battery life. The Switch Lite is using a smaller battery which is why the battery life improvement isn't as great.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hori Split Pad Pro is back up for pre-order at Amazon if anyone was looking to get one but couldn't because they were sold out for a while.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
My first initial thought is read up on the houses and figure out which path you want to follow before you even start playing because as soon as you leave the tutorial battle you have to choose, without knowing shit all about the different houses and what all it affected I had to google that shit and read about it real quick. The choice does matter.

I'm still in the like intro shit, just got to the monastery so might be a bit before I have much opinion on gameplay, but the reviews I've seen all give it high scores.

• 1Like