Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Do you ever pilot the mechs or is the entire game just a 2d weebfest of characters talking? That trailer sucked to show any gameplay if it’s anything other than that.

You control the mechs in RTS segments like this. Most the game is 2d walk around talking/story. The game is really good but it is impossible to explain without spoiling it.

spronk

FPS noob
its 50% visual novel weeb high school romance mixed with some future dystopian shit, and 50% noob x-com / tactics /etc style RTS. Its not super hard but enjoyable for a while, if you hate weeb shit you will hate this game it cranks the weeb up to 10.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The 50/50 there is more like 80/20, thankfully. I liked the game a lot, but the "RTS" portion is awful.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I managed to grab that bundle. Got an email this morning that the switch is shipping later. I’m pretty sure that means they didn’t actually have stock in hand.

gonna be pissed if it’s a month away and this was some stupid “make the last quarter look good” shit. Sent them an email via customer service to ask.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This happened when I got mine from Best Buy when they released... "in stock" really meant it was available for in store pickup in 5 days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
8 hours into DQ12 and they introduce this sylvando guy who is a flamboyant faggot. I don’t think I can put up with him for 90 more hours of gay play. So tired of this shit being stuffed in my face.

• 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Is trials of mana any good?

Also why can’t we get krono trigger and krono Kross on switch T_T

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Been playing Shin Megami Tensei V on the oled in handheld mode and its absolutely worth it for that type of game. It looks way fucking better than the old model in handheld.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
oled switches in stock at best buy but in store only, check the "check stores around you" link to see if any around you

gamestop is currrently giving $275 store credit to trade in a v1/v2 switch so not a bad way to upgrade, even better if your local GS has one - buy it, keep it unopened with receipt, xfer your shit at home, then go trade in your old one and return/rebuy your oled with store credit paying the $75 difference.

• 1Solidarity

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Grabbed an OLED from Best Buy this morning, thanks Spronk.

What's the deal with the green tint I need to look out for? Like how do I check for it.

Vorph

Find a game with lots of dark areas (something like Dying Light during the nighttime), turn auto brightness off and brightness to 25% or so. Look for green instead of grey.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah or just set home theme to dark (light is default), turn vivid colors off in system, turn auto brightness off (hold down home on home page to see brightness options ez) and dim brightness until empty squares on right home side are either grey (good) or green (bad)

basically people theorize nintendo got cheap 720p oled panels from LG and some of them are defective, should be fairly rare

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
OK looks like my screen is good, don't see any stand out green tint on the homescreen. Played the darkest game I have(Battlechasers) and I don't see any green tint while playing with the brightness.

Shit, forgot to get a new SD card so I cant transfer my shit over.

Double edit: Guess I don't actually need a new SD card yet, as game saves are stored on system not SD card?

Last edited:

Vorph

Double edit: Guess I don't actually need a new SD card yet, as game saves are stored on system not SD card?
Correct. And whatever games you have installed on that SD card are encrypted to the old Switch and can't be transferred anyway. Only way to transfer downloaded games is with their system-to-system transfer tool. I bought a new SD card for my OLED, but only reason was because I wanted to upgrade from 128 to 256.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You can also transfer saves by cloud, if you don't have the online service you can get a trial and do it that way.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Ok yeah, this screen is so much better. The size increase is great too, much easier to see shit in games. SMTV looks great!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users