Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got botw. Getting ready for a move, so I haven't done much with it yet. But I love having a portable Minecraft dungeons machine

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also by new Zelda I hope you mean botw and not skyward sword.
Blah got this thinking I have loved just about every zelda game I played... did not enjoy. The notion of your sword swing being dependant on how you move the stick or controller was a huge turnoff. Game looked really fun otherwise

spronk

FPS noob
switch is now nintendos best selling console, no real shock the OLEDs still go OOS quickly.

all rumors now point to 2024 or 2025 at the earliest for a new switch hardware model

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's pretty amazing. I remember the initial Switch reveal where they shook the joycon like it was a little glass filled with ice. The whole thing seemed so underwhelming. I really thought it was going to be a flop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Nothing Nintendo will ever be an actual "flop". They exist in their own space where they aren't competing without anyone but themselves. Wii U was the closest thing to they have had to a to a "flop" and that was just not meeting expectations and grumblings from the community. It sold, what? Fake Edit: 13.56 million, which was way less than I thought, before than the Switch was planned and rolled out 5 years later. People were complaining that they needed to compete with Xbox and Playstation but that's not Nintendo's area.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Well that was fucking terrible, I am glad I don't own a switch. Then again e3 was fucking awful as well so it's just not a good time to be a gaming addict.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
XC3 hype!

Chrono Cross and Front Mission were nice surprises. Not really a musou fan but I do like the 3H characters/world so might pick that up.

spronk

FPS noob
chrono cross remaster for ps4/xb/switch

48 remastered tracks for Mario Kart 8, included if you have the expensive nintendo switch online

earthbound on SNES online

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could never get into Chrono Cross because the idea of dozens of playable characters just didn’t sound appealing at all

• 1Moron

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Chrono Cross was definitely not the sequel to Chrono Trigger I wanted as a kid, not sure if I'll even try the remake but will wait for word of mouth.

XC3 in 7 months? That's a welcome update.

• 3Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
chrono cross remaster for ps4/xb/switch

48 remastered tracks for Mario Kart 8, included if you have the expensive nintendo switch online

earthbound on SNES online
FUCK YES CHRONO CROSS!!

• 1Pathetic

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Suprised how fast Nintendo is getting these games out.

I'm gonna need to move up my Xenoblade 2 and X playthroughs. They've both been on my shortlist for ages, which still means they're competing against like 20 other games every time I pick something new to play. I definitely want to get both of them down before XB3.

I could never get into Chrono Cross because the idea of dozens of playable characters just didn’t sound appealing at all

You're missing out, Chrono Cross is a great game with possibly the best videogame soundtrack I've ever heard. The idea of getting it on PS4 and platinuming it sounds fantastic, since I never felt like I "did everything" in the PS1 version.

Also if the character volume is an issue, you can do the same thing I suggest to people for the Suikoden games, just settle on a few characters you really like and roll with them for the whole game. I personally went with Serge/Leena/Kid since I like FFM-style parties. Later on in the game when one of them was outclassed and the other was unavailable, I went with Serge/Riddel/Glenn. I gotta say, Glenn is pretty damn awesome for fans of Chrono Trigger. Harle, Karsh, and Grobyc are also potent characters.

Chrono Cross was definitely not the sequel to Chrono Trigger I wanted as a kid, not sure if I'll even try the remake but will wait for word of mouth.

XC3 in 7 months? That's a welcome update.

Same here. Chrono Trigger was my favorite game growing up, and Chrono Cross wasn't really what I expected from a sequel. I still just kind of went with it because the music and visuals (at the time) were so good and I figured it'd tie into CT eventually (it does, in like the last 5% of the game).

Radical Dreamers being included is nice too. It's a fairly simple text-based game that can be beaten in like an hour (two at the most), but I've only played the fan translation so it'll be cool to play an "official" one. It has 16-bit versions of a lot of Chrono Cross music (the battle theme comes to mind) that began life as RD's soundtrack.

Just remembered, Chrono Cross was one of two times that I've ever stayed up 3 days in a row playing a console game. Those two times were RPG Maker and Chrono Cross, both on the PS1 in 2000. Staying up 2 days (missing one sleep cycle) to play a game is no big deal, but missing TWO sleep cycles is pretty intense. Chrono Cross was so good (well, mostly the music was) that I forgot about sleep entirely for most of that time, and only took breaks to run to the corner store a block away and get supplies.

Apparently they also announced Live-A-Live Remastered. If you don't know, it's a particularly good Squaresoft Super Famicom RPG that got a lot of praise and no U.S. release. Emulated it back in 2003 or so and had a great time with it. It's most comparable to Romancing SaGa, so much so that I'm surprised it wasn't just called that at the time. Except it's more like DQ4 or Suikoden 3 in that the different character scenarios all melt together by the endgame as everyone joins forces (as opposed to RS games usually sticking to one protagonist and encouraging replays as the others). I hope this means we'll get more SFC games translated and brought over, especially the ones I never got to on emulator like Rudra no Hihou, Treasure Hunter G, and Bahamut Lagoon. I'd also love a Saga Frontier 2 Remastered since it's one of the four PS1 games that I still want to play through, and PS1 visuals are rough now. Always down for more Front Mission too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
God I've been waiting forever for a Live-A-Live release for West audience's..

Still not buying a garbage switch though =p

• 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob
Nintendo is shutting off the 3DS and Wii U eshop in 2023. They launched a website to see your 3DS and wii u memories

1644975263259.png

neat, i played my wii u a total of 57 hours lol