Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah they’ve been in stock all day without a bundle. Looks like the market is finally saturated.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got a xmas bonus I'd forgotten about just as I saw these on slickdeals. Figured why not, I haven't had a Nintendo system since the N64. I bought the new Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, and MC Dungeons(have fun with it on xbox, and I think I'd like to have it mobile). What are some must have recommendations, for someone who hasn't touched a Nintendo in ages?

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got a xmas bonus I'd forgotten about just as I saw these on slickdeals. Figured why not, I haven't had a Nintendo system since the N64. I bought the new Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, and MC Dungeons(have fun with it on xbox, and I think I'd like to have it mobile). What are some must have recommendations, for someone who hasn't touched a Nintendo in ages?

Those are the main 3 I'd recommend. There's also Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury if you want a more standard Mario game (Odyssey is a little weird and open worldy). I'm not that crazy about this new Pokemon game (Diamond/Pearl remake) because of the stupid-looking POP figure character models, but Let's Go Pikachu is really good if you liked Gen 1 back in the day (it's a remake of gen 1). There's also Pokemon Sword if you want to play the latest iteration and see how far it has come. Outside of those I'm kinda drawing a blank on exclusives. For RPGs, Xenoblade 2 is good if you don't mind The Weeb.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Xenoblade remastered is excellent if you go that route. I'm enjoying SMTV right now but I don't think it's for everyone.

Heard good things about Astral Chain and I bought it but I haven't gotten to it yet.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m considering a few games I’d normally get on steam on it.

we played stripped Tetris connect vs last night. Fun stuff for with the wife.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
If you haven’t played Super Mario Galaxy then the remake of it + the other two games with it is good if you can catch it on sale.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Grab metroid dread

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Grab metroid dread
nah.gif

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you haven’t played Super Mario Galaxy then the remake of it + the other two games with it is good if you can catch it on sale.

Just be aware that the Mario 3D 3-pack doesn't add anything or remake anything really. It's the same 3 games. Galaxy is very very good and probably worth it alone. Sukik hasn't had a Nintendo system since N64 so chances are Galaxy and Sunshine will be completely new to him. Maybe do a 3D Mario crusade with 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, 3D World, Odyssey? That'd be a pretty fun time. Unfortunately Galaxy 2 is missing (for now) on the Switch because Nintendo was lazy with that 3D all-stars pack. Maybe there'll be a second one with Galaxy 2 and 3D Land. Yeah, probably not.

I’m considering a few games I’d normally get on steam on it.

we played stripped Tetris connect vs last night. Fun stuff for with the wife.

I've got Tetris Effect (and Mario Kart) specifically for playing with women, because those are the only two games I've ever really gotten women to play. Well, they usually also like Pokemon to an extent, or at least the idea of Pokemon. But really if you're trying to co-op something with a chick, it's Tetris and Mario Kart all the way.

Wait, strip Tetris? As in remove an article of clothing if you lose? What a great idea, I'm saving that idea for the next time I have a GF. Strip anything usually ends in bonin' which I assume is the point. I hope aforementioned next GF loves Tetris (and is good at it) because it's had a resurgence with me with Tetris Effect lately. I could play the hell out of TE if I had nothing else going on.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
eShop region should be linked to the account, not the hardware.

Just noticed my Mario Kart on Switch is an EU copy. It's been working fine all this time but I wonder if that'll be a detriment at some point down the line (like if it gets a surprise DLC or something).

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just be aware that the Mario 3D 3-pack doesn't add anything or remake anything really. It's the same 3 games. Galaxy is very very good and probably worth it alone. Sukik hasn't had a Nintendo system since N64 so chances are Galaxy and Sunshine will be completely new to him. Maybe do a 3D Mario crusade with 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, 3D World, Odyssey? That'd be a pretty fun time. Unfortunately Galaxy 2 is missing (for now) on the Switch because Nintendo was lazy with that 3D all-stars pack. Maybe there'll be a second one with Galaxy 2 and 3D Land. Yeah, probably not.

I've got Tetris Effect (and Mario Kart) specifically for playing with women, because those are the only two games I've ever really gotten women to play. Well, they usually also like Pokemon to an extent, or at least the idea of Pokemon. But really if you're trying to co-op something with a chick, it's Tetris and Mario Kart all the way.

Wait, strip Tetris? As in remove an article of clothing if you lose? What a great idea, I'm saving that idea for the next time I have a GF. Strip anything usually ends in bonin' which I assume is the point. I hope aforementioned next GF loves Tetris (and is good at it) because it's had a resurgence with me with Tetris Effect lately. I could play the hell out of TE if I had nothing else going on.
Yep. We have to do something at night once the kids are asleep. We used to do this with dr Mario too. Or we’d do best of 5, she gets a 30 minute massage or I get to fuck her ass. Put some actual stakes on it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you like platformers, and don't have them on other consoles/PC, Dead Cells / Hollow Knight / Hades are pretty amazing to pickup/put down whenever.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bloodstained is a really good metroidvania game.

Fell Seal if you like final fantasy tactics.

Children of Morta is another good one I haven’t seen mentioned yet.

Also by new Zelda I hope you mean botw and not skyward sword.

spronk

FPS noob
new oled switches plus the new docks are in stock at nintendo store, if for some reason you want a second $70 dock

• 1Like