Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
1644976071264.png

Loved WiiU. Used to use Yoshi's Woolly World on 3rd dates. Women loved the cute yarn creatures.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Tried to log in, said I needed to link one Nintendo account to another type of Nintendo account, so I quit. That’s actually a pretty accurate memory of Nintendo account management.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow, I ended up with a lot more time on WiiU than a thought. Some is the boy who logged all the time on the Lego games but definitely got my moneys worth from that system!

Attachments

• my_wiiu_memories.png
    my_wiiu_memories.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gamestop gonna run any extra $50 on Switch trade-ins soon? I wanna trade in my 2 Switches for an OLED Switch. Looks like right now they are giving out $165 for a OG Switch.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got my son the new Kirby game that came out today since he got all As on his report card again. He’s complaining it’s too easy. I should get him dark souls.

Played it with him and agree it’s easy af. He’s 7, what’s the target age for this game 4 or 5 year olds?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Crone

Quit associating hard with fun, and your life will be better.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Quit associating hard with fun, and your life will be better.
I don’t really, play plenty of games that aren’t very hard, this one’s just REALLY easy. A 7 yo that gets upset if a game is too hard or unfair is complaining about it, it’s probably legit.

And after playing a couple levels with him I can see it. The levels are fairly linear, puzzles are obvious and not really worth being called puzzles. Not much hidden stuff, the stuff that is, is really obvious. He was also able to get the boss achievement of don’t get hit once. I think that would be ok if an adult could easily do it but kind of sad that a 7 yo can so easily. I wouldn’t complain here if it was a $20 game. Basically just warning people that there’s not much to it. $60 is ridiculous imo for what it is.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Was just coming here to ask if anybody's checking out the new Kirby game. My first game was Kirby's Dream Land so I like the series. However they've been getting easier and easier and fucking dirt-easy in the last couple decades. They were always on the easy side, but easy as in "Mario with a lot more leniency" easy, not "complete goddamn babymode" easy. Kirby's Epic Yarn was the easiest game I've ever played and I can't remember one single thing about it because I blew through it in like one morning.

I was looking forward to checking this out, but I'm not paying $60 for a game that fucking plays itself.

If I sound pissed-off, I guess I am. I wish rentals were still a thing. Maybe I'll get it anyway and just sell it afterwards, could probably get back 50 of the 60 pretty easily.

Crone

I don’t really, play plenty of games that aren’t very hard, this one’s just REALLY easy. A 7 yo that gets upset if a game is too hard or unfair is complaining about it, it’s probably legit.

And after playing a couple levels with him I can see it. The levels are fairly linear, puzzles are obvious and not really worth being called puzzles. Not much hidden stuff, the stuff that is, is really obvious. He was also able to get the boss achievement of don’t get hit once. I think that would be ok if an adult could easily do it but kind of sad that a 7 yo can so easily. I wouldn’t complain here if it was a $20 game. Basically just warning people that there’s not much to it. $60 is ridiculous imo for what it is.
Good looking out. I might pick it up so my kids can plow through it including my 5-year-old. She gets left behind by my 7 and 9-year-old so often in video games that it'd be nice to have one she could actually do.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got the new Kirby game today and played the first third of it. Not nearly as easymode as people made it sound like. I haven't lost a single life or anything but I've had a few close calls, and the optional challenge rooms are pretty good. The setting is new for the series and the 3D aspects (which are comparable to Mario 3D World or Crash Bandicoot) are decent. I expect people will be disappointed that it isn't more 3D (no rotating camera) and more open-world.

Edit: Just beat the game. What a bizarre ending (for a Kirby game). It has a ton of influence from Dark Souls, of all things. From the heavy greatsword that is slow to swing, to the various bosses that feel like cartoon Souls bosses, to the final boss which is basically a Belfry Gargoyle Plus. It was an alright play, a solid B. Not worth $60 though, not at that length.

Last edited:

Vorph

I was expecting another Gamestop exclusive, but the Special Edition only being available direct from Nintendo fucking sucks. Probably won't get to preorder one in the first place, and even if you get lucky they'll wind up shipping it so it arrives several days after release.