Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Catching up on this thread this morning was pretty funny. So...is this thing shit?
Ninty followed up on their last overpriced, weak lineup portable... by creating an overpriced, weak lineup portable that has a cable out to your TV so they can call it a console and nickle and dime you to death.
TLDR: CEMU the WiiU Zelda and see what price drop E3 2018 (yes, 8) has.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Hmmm they should have shown off more of these quirky eShop games yesterday instead of wasting time on stuff like Skyrim. If this thing has any hope at all it will be via the quirky stuff.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they handle backward compatability like MS does I'll eventually pick it up, as I never had a Wii or WiiU. Obv has to be digital only if they're going the cartridge route.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What's a good site for setting up/config this Wii U emulator? Cemu?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nintendo Switch... and babies everywhere rejoiced. Finally the console they have been waiting for.

happy-baby.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details
snipperclips is e-shop digital, $20, march 2017

What's a good site for setting up/config this Wii U emulator? Cemu?

you can download it at cemu emulator but v1.6 is up there, v1.7 goes up in like 4 days (its for patreons only the first 2 weeks) and is more compatible and shit

i downloaded 80 gigs of ROMs from IPT, just search the Wii category and you'll see 5 packs - 3 are EU wii u ROMs and 2 are USA ROMs. I downloaded the latter because USA > Europe. You can download ALL the games (like 600 gigs) or just select which games you want, most are shovelware crap. After download unzip all the files and then each ROM directory has a code/XXXX.rpx file (Mario Kart 8 (US)/code/Turbo.rpx for example) which is what you open after you run CEMU and File / Load.

Thats pretty much it, 1.7 has 1080p and 4k texture packs to load in that will make things look better. Options / input settings to config your controller, have to remap every controller button to a wii u button, save the config after you map everything and then you can load that config for every game (klunky).

Cemu, the Wii U emulator • /r/cemu for more, I was pretty much up and running with MK8 and Super Mario 3D within just a few mins and playing no problem

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Man, the Nintendo Defense Force is running full throttle around the internet right now.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got a master edition preorder of Zelda from BB before it went out of stock, not sure why other than I knew it was going to be extremely limited

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Man, the Nintendo Defense Force is running full throttle around the internet right now.

I am sure they are going to be paid overtime, double time, and holiday pay. They have a LOT of deflecting to do.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I am sure they are going to be paid overtime, double time, and holiday pay. They have a LOT of deflecting to do.

Just like everyone else in the gaming industry they could/can fix this with some very simple announcements. Even if they can't give dates, I would be plastering Metroid, Contra, Smash, and everything possible everywhere and give people some hope that we are not going to be stuck with milking cows and playing ping pong.

Seriously, they could have at least made the the shoot up game Duck Hunt and Hogan's Alley themed. How much further can you run away from yourself than Nintendo is doing right now? Can't they even see that the only thing anyone even cares about is Zelda which is essentially the only Nintendo-esque product we were shown in the presentation? And it was what...? 5 minutes or less out of nearly 2 hours lol

• 1Like

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They should at least bundle a free download code for Mario Kart 8 with every Switch. Sure they loose some money, but Mario Kart is more or less a port from the WiiU so nothing really new. The price would look much better that way...

spronk

FPS noob
when i bought my wii u a year after release, they ran a promo all summer where if you bought MK8 you got a free digital game (out of 4). I ended up buying like 20 copies of MK8 and giving friends and stuff all my extra digital codes, since the game traded in for MORE than I paid at gamestop (the game was selling at target for $35 every other week and gamestop was giving $44 for it). So yeah, its 100% guaranteed that the sweet spot for buying a switch is gonna be in 12-15 months, after some games are out and sales are so bad nintendo is desperate to juice it up.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
  • Nintendo Switch Pro Controller - $70
  • Joy-Con Controllers (set of two, L and R) - $80
  • Joy-Con L or Joy-Con R (sold separately) - $50
  • Joy-Con Charging Grip - $30
  • Nintendo Switch Dock Set - $90
  • Joy-Con Wheel (set of two) - $15
I'm sorry but anyone buying this thing is equivalent to prepping your wife's "bull" to fuck her then you in the ass. They are selling half a controller for $50....

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
It is all such a ripoff. Their paid online is what I really cant wrap my head around though. Yeah PS+ freebies are mostly stinkers, but Nintendo will only offer ONE 30 year old game a month, that you dont even get to keep?? Probably games people may have already bought multiple times via physical, rerelease, eshop etc. HORRIBLE.