Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Do Nintendo engineers not understand how thumbs work? There is a reason the DPad and face buttons are offset on everyone else's controllers.

I'm sitting here holding the ghastly Wii U controller and it's tiny offset is bad enough, but at least it is somewhat offset, the Switch controller just basically regresses on everything we've learned about controllers over the past 30 years.

And, yeah, I'll take super hyped pre-console release gaming nerd opinions with a grain of salt. You can just look at the button placement and see how bad it would be for any game that actually utilizes all the buttons.

Well, I'll take people's opinions who have actually held and used the controllers over someone who never has and just has a sandy vagina.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Well, I'll take people's opinions who have actually held and used the controllers over someone who never has and just has a sandy vagina.

Since when is calling out obvious design flaws having a sandy vagina?

P.S. You quoted me so don't whine like a cunt because I responded.

Edit: Hands on impressions, or does he have sand in his vagina as well?

The default Switch control scheme docks both of the "Joy-Cons" – essentially shortened Wiimotes – into a plastic shell called the Joy-Con Grip. You've probably seen the photos and thought "wow, that looks like it might make for an awkward hold." And it does. The buttons and joysticks are smaller and tighter than the PlayStation Dualshock or the Xbox controller, and the excess plastic on the bottom juts into your hands in a pretty unsatisfying way. It feels like a calculator masquerading as a gamepad – and just like the Wiimote and Nunchuk, the Joy-Con Grip won't likely be your preferred medium to digest more conventional games like Skyrim or Super Mario Odyssey. It's not awful, and it certainly won't go down in the Bad Controller Hall of Fame with the Power Glove and "The Duke" – the original Xbox's first controller – but it doesn't make a great first impression.

More disappointed hands on impressions, that also mention the "d" pad that isn't.

Hands-on: Nintendo Switch won't blow you away but will satisfy core gamers

Basically Nintendo came up with the gimmicks and then designed the grip around those gimmicks instead of the other way around, which is why you have no D pad on the left side and everything stacked directly on top of each other instead of angled like it should be. Thumbs move like windshield wipers when using a controller, they don't retract like a tube of lipstick. It's also why the pro controller isn't designed this way, because they didn't have to force these gimmicky baby hand joy controllers into its design.

Last edited:

Heian

Molten Core Raider
The good thing is they can release a left JoyCon with a proper D Pad. I wish they would have been that way teh firsdt time around.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The good thing is they can release a left JoyCon with a proper D Pad. I wish they would have been that way teh firsdt time around.
They are built the way they are so that each half can function as its own controller (at least in games that support it). I think it's kind of silly since I can't see that use case being prevalent

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
New screenshot comparison from Zelda Informer the other day.

16603066_10154175445976447_2094168986826535718_n.jpg

Siliconemelons

New screenshot comparison from Zelda Informer the other day.

View attachment 119236

The first few comparisons where like "okay, its just some color depth changes" and many replies were "not big nuff 2 buy a switch for" I think they are now intentionally making the WiiU worse and worse slowly before launch to push sales.

WTF Crying baby game?!!!

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
The first few comparisons where like "okay, its just some color depth changes" and many replies were "not big nuff 2 buy a switch for" I think they are now intentionally making the WiiU worse and worse slowly before launch to push sales.

WTF Crying baby game?!!!

To be fair I am pretty sure that is based off the E3 Wii U demo from 7 months ago, not entirely sure how accurate it will be for the final product.

Siliconemelons

Wait...not WIN a switch but WIN the glorious opportunity to BE ALLOWED TO BUY ONE.

Nintendo is going to play the underproduction game like the NES classic - I am just using my retropi for my kids now, they just lost my 100~ ish $$ for the NES classic and its doubtful I am going to care about the switch anytime soon.