Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hope it's a winner!

I hope so too for the Switch owners because there is that, Xenoblade 2, and Mario Odyssey. Xenoblade Chronicles X was a horrid piece of garbage, and Ubisoft is behind this one. So it's a fifty/fifty on if 2 of the three games help carry the Switch into next year when nothing substantial will hit until POSSIBLY late Fall/Early winter 2018 for Metroid. Oh wait there is Yoshi, Kirby, and and more neo geo ports :)

Hopefully, all three are actually good because they will need to play them until late next year.

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
If they don't add snes games eventually, I will be pissed.

Need me some portable ogre battle.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I hope so too for the Switch owners because there is that, Xenoblade 2, and Mario Odyssey. Xenoblade Chronicles X was a horrid piece of garbage, and Ubisoft is behind this one. So it's a fifty/fifty on if 2 of the three games help carry the Switch into next year when nothing substantial will hit until POSSIBLY late Fall/Early winter 2018 for Metroid. Oh wait there is Yoshi, Kirby, and and more neo geo ports :)

Hopefully, all three are actually good because they will need to play them until late next year.

I literally have my Switch in preparation for Mario and nothing else. I bought my 3DS XL to play Bravely Default, and nothing else. Worth it. I still haven't gone back and played Zelda after getting the pro controller... I should probably do that. Just wish there was a shortcut to the Master Sword, because the stupid weapon maintenance idea they started with the 3DS Zelda is dumb as fuck, and arbitrarily complicates/slows down the game.

• 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I don't care what the apologists say, the weapon durability in BotW was some of the dumbest shit I've ever experienced in a video game. Luckily I played it on the U and PC and just edited the shit out of the values.

Mario/Rabbids looks like it will be fun and Mario will be a hit, but the sheen is already fading on this console. Zero hype, even Arms and Splatoon died off the hype meter outside of Japan fairly quickly.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don't care what the apologists say, the weapon durability in BotW was some of the dumbest shit I've ever experienced in a video game. Luckily I played it on the U and PC and just edited the shit out of the values.

Mario/Rabbids looks like it will be fun and Mario will be a hit, but the sheen is already fading on this console. Zero hype, even Arms and Splatoon died off the hype meter outside of Japan fairly quickly.
Everything is balanced around weapon durability. Plenty enough shit drops that weapons breaking doesn't really even matter.

Siliconemelons

Everything is balanced around weapon durability. Plenty enough shit drops that weapons breaking doesn't really even matter.

It sucks when you wonder into a higher level area - get some good weapons, then decide to trek on over and do "the plot" and you break your good shit and pickup boko grade weapons :(

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider

That's like claiming a game with shit inventory size is balanced around you having to constantly shuffle/sell/drop things. Great! It still sucks ass! While weapon drops are plentiful it's still stupid and annoying having to constantly pick up, break, pick up, break them on a constant basis.

I literally lost zero enjoyment of the game by upping the asinine durability limitations and in fact gained more enjoyment from not having to pick up a thousand different piece of shit weapons instead of keeping my few piece of shit weapons that didn't break every two seconds. It was piss poor game design.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Weapon/item durability has never, ever, ever been a good mechanic in any game in video game history. It never will be.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Weapon/item durability has never, ever, ever been a good mechanic in any game in video game history. It never will be.

That's why Nintendo is trying a novel 4D approach by making the Switch console suffer from durability issues itself instead of in game items.

• 3Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Let's speak from a game design perspective. Durability is effectively "ammo", coupled to "reload time", "carrying capacity", and "damage per time". Capacity isn't an issue. The "damage per time" in conjunction with "reload time", is too long and interrupts the flow of the game for me. It's just as bad as giving me a machine gun with 16 rounds that do no damage, but hey, there's 100 more laying around, but your inventory is limited -- so you have to constantly pick up said weapons, and open your weapon inventory slide. I like doing that when I'm solving puzzles in a Zelda game, not when I'm fighting shit. That is bad design.

If I'm using a shitty stick, and I run across another shitty stick with better durability (more ammo), either combine or auto replace/repair my existing stick. Don't punish the player with stupid mechanics.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They should just make your health unlimited too, dieing really interrupts the flow of the game.

You guys whine about literally everything

• 3Picard

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They should just make your health unlimited too, dieing really interrupts the flow of the game.

Not whining, articulating a concept. And what you just mentioned is a completely different thing. If I get hit because I did something wrong, that necessitates a negative response. I move and jump off a cliff, dead. That's shit I can totally accept. That's actually gameplay. Inventory management is, and always has been, bad gameplay. Also, it has to do with "sliders". Too much bullshit detracts from the fun part of what a game is supposed to be. Which is why I said if I had the Master Sword, I might actually play it more.

spronk

FPS noob
There's apparently a huge kernel exploit in switch firmware 3.0.0, the kind that led to the 3DS and wii u getting jailbroken. The latest is 3.0.1 which FIXES the OS bug, so if you have a switch may wanna hold off on updating

• 2Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Dude. There is a difference between whining and talking about a game design concept which is pretty much universally hated, and rightfully so, hated here as well.

Aside from the weak duration garbage it was a fantastic game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
There's apparently a huge kernel exploit in switch firmware 3.0.0, the kind that led to the 3DS and wii u getting jailbroken. The latest is 3.0.1 which FIXES the OS bug, so if you have a switch may wanna hold off on updating

Lol

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

oldnintendoseal.png

• 2Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Welp, they thought the original issue of being hacked (Wii U and 3DS) was because they gave ability to save files on SD cards - their fix was to not let people save anything except to internal memory! Oops! Does this mean they will allow people to save games to the damn SD card?

With that said if people can just break this thing and get every game for free like last time, it might sell hardware!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Dude. There is a difference between whining and talking about a game design concept which is pretty much universally hated, and rightfully so, hated here as well.

Aside from the weak duration garbage it was a fantastic game.
Only part I really agree with is that they need to tune the durability of some of the higher end weapons. It's pretty retarded that it takes more weapon durability to kill the lynels than the weapons that drop from then have.

It all seems pretty balanced to me. Without weapon durability the game would be pretty different, since once you have a good weapon other weapon drops and weapon chests would be pointless. The way it is now they have the freedom of putting some good weapons in areas knowing that even if you get them super early it won't break the game. You can also just do the master sword trials and then rarely have to wait for it to power up anyways.

Compared to durability in games like Witcher 3 which is just a money sink and adds nothing but tedium, it's much better. Even though I dislike durability in games, it gets a lot more hate in Zelda than I think it warrants