Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Too easy for a 5 year old... Okay maybe I'll pass on this then
It's just that Pikachu and Eevee are really strong. You can pretty much steamroll just using them.

The types are colour coded too so he understands very basic type matchups.

Mind you he's only just beaten Lt. Surge so it might spike in difficulty.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I definitely didn't go into this thinking it was going to be tough. Of course, I haven't actually gotten anywhere yet because I just keep catching shit. I thought I was going to hate the Pokemon GO style catch system and yet I can't seem to stop. My big complaint so far is that the UI's a bit messy and takes too many clicks to really get anywhere.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Jesus christ, took my Eevee for a stroll in the PokeBall Plus while we went out shopping then to Magic. Was just catching random shit in GO the whole time. Came back and popped my Eevee back into Let's Go and it gained 18000 fucking experience. Fucker went from level 17 to 29. Whatever slight amount of difficulty this game may have had probably just went out the window.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Gamestop needs to "leak" their BF ad like everyone else. If by some slim chance they offer the GS-exclusive bundle (with D3) as an alternative to the MK8 bundle I'd probably try to get one.

If you are a costco member they have a bundle for 369.99 that I don't remember seeing anywhere else, includes:
  • Nintendo Switch Console
  • PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller
  • Super Mario Odyssey Video Game
no clue if the controller is any good.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seems like a great deal but they probably won't have any left in stock by the time I get there.

Whoever came up with the idea to open up BF deals on fucking Thanksgiving and then continually make the opening time earlier and earlier each year should be drawn and quartered.

Crone

Seems like a great deal but they probably won't have any left in stock by the time I get there.

Whoever came up with the idea to open up BF deals on fucking Thanksgiving and then continually make the opening time earlier and earlier each year should be drawn and quartered.
Welcome to America where a vast majority of people can't stand their family and have resorted to black Friday shopping as a means of something to do. Heaven forbid families actually do shit together!

Naw, but I get it. Most years by 2-3pm I'm sitting around bull shitting with family, not doing anything really, just passing time letting all the kids play together.

Vorph

Yeah, the earliest I can get there is like 7 or so (not even sure how long they are open on Thursday). I'll probably give it a shot, with the expectation that the MK8 bundles will be long gone but maybe I can still score a plain old grey switch with no bundle. If I can't get one at all, oh well. There's no sales on any of the games I want to play anyway, and I'm not really keen on paying close to full price for stuff like Octopath and XC2 that have been out for ~6-12 months.

I have to go to GS today anyway for another DS4 and PS+ card, so maybe I can at least get someone to tell me how many Switches they expect to have available on Thurs.

Crone

Yeah, the earliest I can get there is like 7 or so (not even sure how long they are open on Thursday). I'll probably give it a shot, with the expectation that the MK8 bundles will be long gone but maybe I can still score a plain old grey switch with no bundle. If I can't get one at all, oh well. There's no sales on any of the games I want to play anyway, and I'm not really keen on paying close to full price for stuff like Octopath and XC2 that have been out for ~6-12 months.

I have to go to GS today anyway for another DS4 and PS+ card, so maybe I can at least get someone to tell me how many Switches they expect to have available on Thurs.
Ds4 and ps+ same price on Amazon if you wanna save the trip. Just ordered both myself. Ps+ is instant delivery that you just input on the Sony website.

Vorph

Well, my GS has 37 red/blue, 17 greys, and 10 MK8 bundles so I guess I'll just roll the dice and see what is still left by 7-8PM. I think it's a given that the bundles will be gone immediately, but I'll settle for a grey if it saves me $50.

Haven't been able to find out what kind of success other people have had with using a BT dongle to connect a DS4 to their Switch, but I think I'll just buy one and send it back to Amazon if it sucks.

Crone

So what are the must have games for the Switch so far? Gonna try and get one of those MK8 bundles from GS on Thursday, and a couple games. I want to get Diablo, and was thinking Mario Odyssey, but my son, the few times he's played Pokemon Go on friends phones, he's had a lot of fun, so maybe get him Pokemon?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
so are the poke balls a must have? was gonna get the game and maybe two so my gf and i can play (she loves pokemon lol).

mario kart is a def must have if u ask me, zelda if u like single player stuff, mario tennis isnt bad either. odyssey is cool too and has 2 player. yeah i dont have pokemon yet but probably gonna get it. i dont use the mobile game anymore, got banned since i had a bot for it (lol) but might make a new account if its easy to level pokemon with the ball.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Pokémon is a very fun nostalgia trip, with changes to the old formula that I hope stay for the new game. I can't put it down. The pokeball plus can easily level any Pokémon and auto catches Pokémon in go so that's nice. Zelda is great, mario is great. Diablo 3 is probably best version of it I've played. The mario tennis is fun. And so many indie games are awesome on the go, can't list them all. I think I have like 35 games on my switch and don't regret buying any of them or wish I got a different version. As I said before the switch is now my main console, the ability to pick up and play and put it down real fast without losing progress in games is just so nice to me. Don't get me wrong still play my Ps4 for exclusives and pc for most things. But I have loved my switch since day 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

so are the poke balls a must have? was gonna get the game and maybe two so my gf and i can play (she loves pokemon lol).

mario kart is a def must have if u ask me, zelda if u like single player stuff, mario tennis isnt bad either. odyssey is cool too and has 2 player. yeah i dont have pokemon yet but probably gonna get it. i dont use the mobile game anymore, got banned since i had a bot for it (lol) but might make a new account if its easy to level pokemon with the ball.
Gonna be shooting for the MK8 bundle at Gamestop on Thursday 3pm! Then the wife says we should get 2 more games. I really want Diablo for myself, and will probably get Mario if it's 2 player. That sounds really fun playing with my son or wife.

Vorph

On the assumption I'll be able to get a Switch on Thurs. I ordered a few things from Amazon ahead of time: nylon hard case for the Switch itself since I don't think I'll ever take the dock anywhere, glass screen protector, and a Mayflash Magic-NS adapter to use with my extra DS4, plus I already have a spare 128GB SD card. Anything else I'm going to wish I had, other than games (got Octopath Traveler to start, and watching for any deals on XC2+Torna between now and xmas) ? I almost got one of those Hori folding stands, but not sure I really have any need for it.

Last edited:

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
The nintendo E-shop does deals every week or so, I've picked up several games on there for $5 a pop or something that were enjoyable. Basically, if you see the title and go "Ohh I heard good things about that on steam" its probably great on the switch.

I surprised myself by really liking the Mario Rabbits game, its basically Xcom skinned with mario. Was a breeze at first, but I'm at the point now where some levels are just crushing me over and over, if you like Xcom, I can't see you not liking this.

You guys keep making me think about Diablo though..... I haven't played the PC version in years, but all that Lost Ark hype is making me want an ARPG like crazy.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
On the assumption I'll be able to get a Switch on Wed. I ordered a few things from Amazon ahead of time: nylon hard case for the Switch itself since I don't think I'll ever take the dock anywhere, glass screen protector, and a Mayflash Magic-NS adapter to use with my extra DS4, plus I already have a spare 128GB SD card. Anything else I'm going to wish I had, other than games (got Octopath Traveler to start, and watching for any deals on XC2+Torna between now and xmas) ? I almost got one of those Hori folding stands, but not sure I really have any need for it.

Should be good. Btw buying online games from Nintendo gives you coins. You can trade coins in for money off games even when on sale. But so many good indie games. I haven't put Pokémon let's go down since I got it. Even at work. But I played the shit out of red and blue when it was new so I think the nostalgia hitting me hard. Mario rabbis is great. If you haven't played Zelda you definitely should so great.

*EDIT*. You can get so lost in zelda but great for ten to fifteen minute play sessions too hitting the next shrine etc.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
So what are the must have games for the Switch so far? Gonna try and get one of those MK8 bundles from GS on Thursday, and a couple games. I want to get Diablo, and was thinking Mario Odyssey, but my son, the few times he's played Pokemon Go on friends phones, he's had a lot of fun, so maybe get him Pokemon?

Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey are absolute musts.

Vorph

Gamestop sold out of MK8 bundles instantly as expected, but I did manage to get a grey one. Ended up costing me $225 for Switch + $50 game card since I used six $50 cards I only paid $40 for and some reward points I had piling up, so I guess I don't feel too dumb for buying a console that still only has two games I'm interested in, at least until SMT V and Bayonetta 3 come out.

Does the Switch still have an issue with the dock scratching the screen? I put it in briefly and it left a mark that I was able to buff out with a cleaning cloth but now I don't want to put it back in at all until my screen protector gets here tomorrow.

And is there any reason I should re-use my Nintendo account I have for Wii U and 3DS? Mainly asking because I put CFW on both of those and I'd rather my Switch had a clean account.