Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
why are they hopping, that is annoying as alll getout

Jesus fuck, I nearly had a seizure just watching the video. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? I really hope that the background stays static, at which point it might be tolerable. If the whole screen moves, as in a few of those clips, it's a big nope from me.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
why are they hopping, that is annoying as alll getout

Because Crypt of the NecroDancer is a rhythm game roguelike and Cadence is the main character.

I actually think you can play the game without the rhythm component, but I dont't think it removes the hopping, but I don't remember.

Siliconemelons

Yeah I got the vauge idea based on the name... and figured it was something to do with rythems.. But just watching the screen it was more jarring than one would expect imo. I get the idea, but the ENTIRE game... argh

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You people are salty fucks. That's the coolest, most perfect mashup game of all time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crimson

Peasant
Next gen Pokemon game is called Pokemon Sword/Shield and takes place in the Galar region. Late 2019.

Trailer:
map_2x.jpg

That trailer was extremely underwhelming for such a huge leap from 3DS to Switch. GameFreak continues to be lazy, I see. Not doing much to renew my interest, in addition to the absolutely transparent scam known as Switch Online.

Guess all I have to look forward to in 2019 for this system is Fire Emblem.

Very unimpressed with the games released for this system, honestly. I think I maybe have 4 games and Youtube. That's it.

spronk

FPS noob
from WSJ/ERA, rumors of two new switch models introduced at E3:

PapaGenos said he was told info about new Switch models too a few days ago.

-Reveal to be at E3 2019
-2 new Switches planned for a holiday 2019 release

Portable version
-cheaper clamshell joyconless Switch
-focus on single player experience
-dock closer to original 3DS charging cradle
-price around $199.99

Now info on the Enhanced version
-Nintendo Switch Plus or Nintendo Switch Deluxe will replace current Switch
-not 4K capable
-Nvidia Pascal architecture and overall Doc design similar to Tegra X2 SoC. 256 CUDA cores
-larger display panel
-still 720p resolution
-8 GB of RAM
-128 GB of storage
-price aiming for $349.99

i'd be bummed if they introduced a more powerful switch, no games would use it but i'd still want one. wonder if they would have integrated bluetooth (headset), the lack of audio bluetooth on the switch is bizarre

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I barely use my Switch right now, unless Gamestop is offering some kind of trade in I don't see myself bothering.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Crypt of the Necrodancer was amazing. If you hate it you hate music.

A Link/Zelda mash-up is the coolest shit ever.

spronk

FPS noob
If you have an amazon prime account you will get 1 year FREE of nintendo switch online
https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo/

you get a 3 month freebie now, have to login with your nintendo switch account (does not have to be online-active already) and then in 60 days you can login back to that twitch page above and add another 9 months.

It turns on auto renewal so you will get billed in 3 months if you don't turn that off. Turn off auto renewal here

It does ask for a credit card (or paypal) when you sign up, I used a $0 balance visa gift card so nintendo can't fuck me over if I forget.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
wario64 says its leaked from best buy that Persona 5, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past will release for switch this year

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
New Switch better have Bluetooth and they better ditch that cheap ass plastic cover on the screen that scratches just by looking at it wrong.

I've held off on buying one waiting for the new one.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
New Switch better have Bluetooth and they better ditch that cheap ass plastic cover on the screen that scratches just by looking at it wrong.

I've held off on buying one waiting for the new one.

I'd rather have a newer Tegra Chip no screen/battery, redo the dock too just be a straight up Console and a pro controler, drop the price by 50-75$ and I'd buy one guess just get over the fact that Nintendo will probably never do 1080p content *sigh*

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
No screen? The whole selling point is a portable system. They aren't going to ever back off that nor should they.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I've literally never even hooked the dock up, it's still in whatever packaging it came it. If I'm home, I have an awesome pc to game on. If I'm not home, switch time.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
No screen? The whole selling point is a portable system. They aren't going to ever back off that nor should they.
Should be an option. I like the portability of it, but there’s no reason that they couldn’t sell a docked mode console as well for people that don’t care about taking it places.

• 1Like