Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been looking for one for months >_<
They had a big demo station at a Mall near me and I wanted to buy one then... but we bought similar things for the Wii and never used it (and my kids are a liiiiittle too young for the ring fit). Killing myself for not having gotten it now.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finished up playing Ori: The Blind Forest last night, really pleasing game graphically and the music is great. Glad it was recommended (pretty sure it was this thread that did). Controls are super tight with it, which is very nice. I hope they rush a port of Ori 2 out to the Switch as well. Well worth the 20 bucks that I think the download cost.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Anyone still doing Pokemon?

I beat Wolfey Cybertron and a few other big names and I'm working on a new team. Was wondering if anyone else was playing competitively?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Finished up playing Ori: The Blind Forest last night, really pleasing game graphically and the music is great. Glad it was recommended (pretty sure it was this thread that did). Controls are super tight with it, which is very nice. I hope they rush a port of Ori 2 out to the Switch as well. Well worth the 20 bucks that I think the download cost.

You probably won't see one for a while. Microsoft exclusive for at least a year probably. Wouldn't be hard to port. However, if you were dying to play it (Decent game) you could get a trial of Gamepass for PC and play through it and cancel the sub.

Also, it may never be ported....

"While Microsoft allowed Moon Studios to release Blind Forest for the Nintendo Switch, Smith stated that the studio has no plans to port to the Switch at the time of the sequel's release "

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone still doing Pokemon?

I beat Wolfey Cybertron and a few other big names and I'm working on a new team. Was wondering if anyone else was playing competitively?
I want to, but I'm terrible and so are my team(s).

spronk

FPS noob
dunno if its a false alarm but on reddit they are saying lot more people getting hacked on switch in the last 24 hours, Nintendo must have recently enabled 2FA because I didn't even know they had it. Anyways enabled it on my account using Authy and google authenticator (phone and desktop) and hope for the best

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Probably a linked subset of people who got hit, checked mine and nothing at all but I don't have any games that would tie in anywhere else.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I want to buy some games but Nintendo's pricing on games sucks. Just want XC2 but it's 60+ everywhere.

• 1Rustled

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah was talking about it in the JRPG thread, I have never seen XC2 on sale, ever, really want it but that socks and it seems to be oos for physical everywhere around me too. Picked up FF12 instead at 29.99 target to hold me over and hoping maybe XC2 will go on sale when XC remastered comes put next month. There have been some pretty good digitL sales this month for other stuff.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah he is the only thing I miss about Twitter and I don't miss him enough to get those aids again

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Nintendo first party stuff rarely goes on sale, just how it's always been. Though at this point I'd just wait and play the XC1 remake, there is some tie in with XC2.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Definitely something going on with nintendo's security. I got a login notification yesterday morning and changed my password. A couple hours later I got a login notification again and this time I saw they added 2fa option. Haven't had any more issues since enabling that.

Also G2A seems legit I have bought several PC keys there with no issues. Maybe my account was targeted because I do things like buy from 3rd party key sellers though!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I shelved the Switch for awhile since Super Smash Bros. I turned it back on last week since we're all not going anywhere. I started binge playing a bunch of games that I started but never finished. Since last week, I've finished "Hollow Knight (great fucking game), "Dead Cells," "Luigi's Mansion," "Celeste (why don't people talk more about this game?)," and just tonight I finally finished "Zelda: Link's Awakening." I'm going to try and finally finish "Octopath Traveler" starting tomorrow. I'm kinda glad this mandated quarantine happened. I've fallen in love with my Switch all over again.

You should do Bloodstained if you haven’t. Fantastic game.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You should do Bloodstained if you haven’t. Fantastic game.
Has it been patched? I remember reading everywhere that Bloodstained was a terrible port at release.

Have seen XC2 on sale a few times. Recommend following this guy on twitter. He posts games that are on sale all the time Wario64 (@Wario64) | Twitter
DekuDeals is great too if you prefer a searchable website for Nintendo stuff only to a twitter feed, though it only posts major retailers and not shady grey market resellers like G2A (I don't think Wario does either, but it's been a while since I looked).

Hottest Deals - Deku Deals is the page I keep bookmarked.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Has it been patched? I remember reading everywhere that Bloodstained was a terrible port at release.

Ah no idea on that. I’ve played on PC, I just knew Switch has it available.

What’s wrong with the port?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah no idea on that. I’ve played on PC, I just knew Switch has it available.

What’s wrong with the port?

After checking another article from Jan 2020, it sounds like patches have fixed the worst of the crashing, load time, and input lag problems, and whatever content was missing from the Switch version is now almost in parity with PC and other consoles... but there are still some lingering performance problems that they are working on.

Anyone with Gamepass should just play it on Xbone or PC (unless you have an ultrawide monitor, in which case the ridiculous MS DRM will prevent you from applying the fan patch that enables ultrawide).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users