Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

2 models, digital only $400 cart support $500 releasing sept 2024

i think previous specs have leaked its gonna be a regular LCD panel not oled so look forward to oled switch 2 in 2026 lol

power wise i think most people have agreed its basically ps4 power except it will support DLSS 3 for increased fps
lol I literally said that the day I finally buy a switch is the day a Switch 2 gets announced.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
mortal kombat 1 ps5 vs switch

nbmj1jf4mtob1.jpg

Hey, a lot of people enjoy Switch's "ten years ago" old-school retro graphics... apparently.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

2 models, digital only $400 cart support $500 releasing sept 2024

i think previous specs have leaked its gonna be a regular LCD panel not oled so look forward to oled switch 2 in 2026 lol

power wise i think most people have agreed its basically ps4 power except it will support DLSS 3 for increased fps

If it's LCD instead of OLED it'll actually be a downgrade for people like me who mainly use Switch for the portable aspect. Bummer if true.

However it's hard to believe there's a "digital only" option at all because of the hard drive issue. Think I might call BS on this rumor. If there are price tiers, it wouldn't surprise me if the pricier model is OLED and the less-pricey model is LCD.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As much as I have a tremendous amount of nostalgia for Nintendo systems, I wish they’d just make games more and more now. But I’m part of the problem. I don’t early adopt anymore but as soon as 3 good 1st party are out I buy one.

My switch is basically a glorified SNES. I play Nintendo and indie shit that I want on the go which mostly is upscaled SNES era style games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I buy the systems too - then wait for someone to figure out how to unlock them. I haven’t hacked my release Switch yet but have everything I need to do so. Have an unlocked Wii, Wii U, and new 3DS as well. But I also have bought probably 20 Switch cartridges (when they went on sale and I had Best Buy GCU) and 10 - 15 games off the store.

I may have a problem. Edit - damn I forgot I have a Game Cube as well I picked up at a yard sale for $10 with two wavebird controllers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
As much as I have a tremendous amount of nostalgia for Nintendo systems, I wish they’d just make games more and more now. But I’m part of the problem. I don’t early adopt anymore but as soon as 3 good 1st party are out I buy one.

My switch is basically a glorified SNES. I play Nintendo and indie shit that I want on the go which mostly is upscaled SNES era style games.
Yes, my first feeling upon finally playing this was "wow they should just be a software company, and sell controllers and docks that attach to high end phones. This hardware sucks."

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Games don’t seem any more expensive than other consoles, unless you are talking about old 1st party games. Even 1st party games half a decade old still sell for $40 or so.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, I'd love to see a Mario, Zelda, or Metroid game on PS5. Switch visuals are kinda pathetic at this point, at least on a TV. I know people think Nintendo's strength is innovation with hardware design, but really, I could do without innovations like motion controls going forward. I do like that Switch can be either portable or docked. Their innovations in hardware aren't enough to offset the hardware's limitations though.

I got to play an advance copy of Mario Wonder for a while this week and I'll just say it looks very pixelly on a big TV. Very 2010-looking graphics. Also a little too similar to NSMB for my liking, but it does have elements of the old NES/SNES Marioes as well so I'd say maybe a bit of a hybrid.

• 1Pathetic

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would love to see a Xenoblade Chronicles world in 4K textures, whether it is on a Switch 2 or PS5 doesn't matter. 720p needs to go.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Games don’t seem any more expensive than other consoles, unless you are talking about old 1st party games. Even 1st party games half a decade old still sell for $40 or so.
Yeah there's a reason I buy consoles and then never use them. I almost never pay full price for games. I buy games heavily discounted or get them in the monthly Humble Bundle.

When I do pay full price for games, they end up being D4 and then I never want to pay full price for a game again.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

I gotta be honest, outside of a few games like tears of the kingdom that I got day 1 and wanted to tell the company on principle that I voted my dollar, I’ve had good luck buying gently used games via FB marketplace and to a lesser extent eBay at good prices.

• 1Like

Talos

Got a free switch oled being shipped. I haven't had a nintendo console in over 20 years. Anything worth getting besides the zelda games?

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
GF used to have a Switch when it was newly released but never played much on it. Now I got myself a Steamdeck and Emulate everything I want to play. Seems to be 30-60 FPS in various games.

What framerate does the Switch usally run their native games at?

PXL_20231009_133200601~2.jpg

Juvarisx

Florida
Got a free switch oled being shipped. I haven't had a nintendo console in over 20 years. Anything worth getting besides the zelda games?

Super Mario Odyssey, Smash Bro's Ultimate, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Xenoblade 3, Animal Crossing if you have a wife that will play on it, Dragon Quest 11, Metroid Prime Remastered is apparently good but I havent played it, Mario Kart.

A lot of the great games are found on other platforms, the novelty is being able to play them on the go, so any JRPG is worth it but it will likely be a little more expensive then getting it on a PS4 or Steam.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
digital must own games

mario kart 8
smash bros
any mario game, upcoming mario wonder is good pick or super mario odyssey or one of the various 2D ones although NSO (switch online) has a ton of older mario games

i'd wait until black friday, nintendo usually sells their bigger games for $40 digital around the holidays.

also get in on a nintendo family membership plan, you can have like 8 people (?) on a shared plan and they don't actually share anything between accounts, i have my switch, my nieces, a daughters, and then 4 randos from discord who each pay me $15/yr to help cover the $80/yr family membership. The content you get from NSO is absolutely insane, I wish I liked my switch more but my ps5/xbox gets way more play and time out of gamepass/PS+. NSO also then offers cloud backup of switch saves