NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Waiting for a tarrif change? Container ships. No idea what it normally looks like however.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This any better?

I wasn’t ironying the story. Just saying people are easily duped while either

1. Paying for WSJ
or
2. Linking something with only the ability to read the headline.

was funny to me.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Waiting for a tarrif change? Container ships. No idea what it normally looks like however.

Does not look too crazy right now. The port of Long Beach and Los Angeles are some of the most busy in the country. I live in a beach city in LA and large container ships and tankers are a normal sight.

Molten Core Raider
So Newegg's new way to handling high demand items is to create a lottery queue. When they get stock in, a page goes up, enter your email for the item you want to buy and you get to wait and see if you "win" and get the opportunity to buy it. Apparently the lottery is on a per-drop basis as the link to the page for the "Newegg Shuffle" has already expired.

Wtf Newegg, wtf.

0c275914c6fb6806c85085b65c036fb0.png

• 3Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
more bots in the lottery, better chance to win. Legit buyers get played.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So Newegg's new way to handling high demand items is to create a lottery queue. When they get stock in, a page goes up, enter your email for the item you want to buy and you get to wait and see if you "win" and get the opportunity to buy it. Apparently the lottery is on a per-drop basis as the link to the page for the "Newegg Shuffle" has already expired.

Wtf Newegg, wtf.

View attachment 330102

So is this random or do you sign up for it?

Molten Core Raider
From what it looks like, when they have stock, they will put the shuffle page up. You have a limited time to choose the product you want to buy and enter your email. After a couple hours (in the screenshot example the window is 2 hours long) they will do the "drawing", if you're chosen you will be notified by email and have a set amount of time to go to the site and buy the item or it goes to someone else. Each stock drop seems to have its own lottery.

Molten Core Raider
You have to have a Newegg account. Dunno if that will deter many bots though. From the way it reads, if you're selected and get to buy something, it's automatically added to your shopping cart.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't see the problem? I'd much prefer a random lottery than fighting against the bots on how fast you can check out? It's tedious and exhausting F5'ing over and over every day between 4-5pm PST, or swiping down if using the App. It's not perfect, but better than nothing.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Idk, I beat the bots on Newegg with Apple Pay. RNG could just give you no chance ever.

Announcing the drop times could make it more competitive for real people but would also crash their site all the time.

Best Buy’s regional shit is sadly the best option I guess.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Picked up a ROG Strix 3060Ti today from Amazon, and the bitch is $650 after-tax... ASUS be scalping like stupid hard.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Some folks in this thread sound like starving villagers waiting for the UN food convoy to show up so they can bumrush it for a cup of rice.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 6 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Some folks in this thread sound like starving villagers waiting for the UN food convoy to show up so they can bumrush it for a cup of rice.
For just an upgrade I think its a mere annoyance. I'm just super fucking salty as I'm computerless for now because of it.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users