NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know if Alienware has Dell Servicetags, but you can get it with wmic bios get serialnumber once you have the machine

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dell discounts and upgrades vary wildly depending on the agent you talk to. I've seen $500 swings in prices and even more in upgrade values on the same day with different agents. Their RTX cards are custom with 2 fans from what I've seen, but I also haven't seen any complaints about thermals. This Microcenter deal comes back in stock periodically if anyone is looking for a 3080 system and has one close:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dell discounts and upgrades vary wildly depending on the agent you talk to. I've seen $500 swings in prices and even more in upgrade values on the same day with different agents. Their RTX cards are custom with 2 fans from what I've seen, but I also haven't seen any complaints about thermals. This Microcenter deal comes back in stock periodically if anyone is looking for a 3080 system and has one close:

yeah that is insane

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I like the one with the AMD 5900x but only a 3070 though. But youre getting a way better proc then the piece of shit Intels.

I also find it funny how the intel one above has 3600 RAM which I think the XMP bullshit does not even work, or is buggy as hell and it will crash your shit all the time. But the AMD that I linked that could actually USE the 3600 RAM only gets 3200.

Also Ive been reading that those are not actual consumer grade mo-bos so the bios updates dont even work on them like regular consumer grade. That or the people tat tried were idiots and could not figure it out, lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I got the cheapest aio water cooler, DDR 3200 ram and motherboard available and its lit up like a Christmas tree. But my 2 yr just sits there in my computer chair saying "Woah, awesome. Good job daddy." watching the lights. I was surprised how interested she was while I was putting it together too, she made me explain everything I was doing. I'd shut the lights off but she really loves them.
1615493389521.png

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Faggotry
Reactions: 11 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
I bought this for my wife for $600, somehow it's almost 50% higher now wtf. Popped my old 2080 and RAM into it, shit is solid. Turned the old pc into a crypto miner.

Bought myself a custom ibuypower from their website for $2.2kish? so I could get a 3080. Now our living room looks like a rave party going on. I normally hate RGB but what are you going to do? At least it's not in my bedroom. I decided just to go all in so I bought another 32gb of ram and got RGB because it was only $5 more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like the one with the AMD 5900x but only a 3070 though. But youre getting a way better proc then the piece of shit Intels.

I also find it funny how the intel one above has 3600 RAM which I think the XMP bullshit does not even work, or is buggy as hell and it will crash your shit all the time. But the AMD that I linked that could actually USE the 3600 RAM only gets 3200.

Also Ive been reading that those are not actual consumer grade mo-bos so the bios updates dont even work on them like regular consumer grade. That or the people tat tried were idiots and could not figure it out, lol.
I'm not sure where you got that info from. Other than the power supply it is all name brand components. The 3080 system is a Lian Li case, Asus Rog Strix Z-490E Gaming Mobo, Asus TUF 3080, Cooler Master AIO water cooler, GSkill Ram, and WD NVME drive. I've had the ram with XMP enabled without any crashing.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I got $350 in literally seconds on ebay for my regular 1080, you could pull 500 or more for a TI without any effort.
I got $550 for my regular 1080 within 5 minutes. 1080 TI's are going for 800ish, tons of them every day.

• 1Mother of God

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I kinda wish I had waited a few more weeks to sell mine (sold my stuff about 2 weeks ago now), but I was ready to spend the money and impatience won out. Prices are just gonna keep going up too it looks like. I feel extremely fortunate that I was in the right place at the right time to grab my new card and was able to get off this crazy ride.

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Technically, just really bad at it.
It’s cool. We don’t care about dust. Just wanted to see your setup :)

Aaaah, I missed the obvious ‘Being a woman?’ reply, for shame.

Last edited: