NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm afraid I'll just pick up the phone and scream into it.
Write down all your talking points before the call so you don’t forget shit in the middle of it. Make sure they all get addressed.

There’s no way I’d proceed with buying this PC from them. I’d just chat with Xexx for that kind of money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Good idea to have a few bullets ready.

The inconvenience is going to be whether you get the service manager, or you get the sales manager, OR the general manager, who is in charge of both of them.

The ticket chat system is completely blind, so you are at the mercy of whoever the chat ticket receptionist gives you. Ill demand a call from management regarding the build and just hope the right department responds that can one-shot this.

The Geek Squad at Bestbuy would have done better. There's no secret password to get someone on the phone there.

Oversold me and came with trash service is the verdict on these guys, no matter the outcome at this point.

Even if they took 1,500 off-- I'd have to keep them at 0 stars.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Good idea to have a few bullets ready.

The inconvenience is going to be whether you get the service manager, or you get the sales manager, OR the general manager, who is in charge of both of them.

The ticket chat system is completely blind, so you are at the mercy of whoever the chat ticket receptionist gives you. Ill demand a call from management regarding the build and just hope the right department responds that can one-shot this.

The Geek Squad at Bestbuy would have done better. There's no secret password to get someone on the phone there.

Oversold me and came with trash service is the verdict on these guys, no matter the outcome at this point.

Even if they took 1,500 off-- I'd have to keep them at 0 stars.

No clue why you haven't cancelled yet.

These people are fucking you over and clearly don't give a shit about you as a customer.

Unsure what other reasons you'd need, though perhaps them shitting in the case before shipping it would make you act?

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i hope you learned a valuable life lesson, whenever you are spending more than $500 you need to (1) have an absolute plan going in including max $ you will spend and what exactly you want to buy (2) STICK TO THE PLAN (3) realize as the buyer you can walk away at any point and be no better or worse off. Waiting is no big deal.

Whether its a fridge, PC, car, burial plot, lawyers, settlement, or house the people you are dealing with have done it HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of times against noobs and know everything there is to fuck you over, while you will do this maybe 3 or 4 times in your life.

Without a plan you are fucked, you are a virgin going into Foler's big black dick San Francisco gay bathhouse and only you can protect your own butt hole

hope you also paid with a credit card, until you actually pick it up its pretty easy to call the CC company and reverse the charges if Microcenter doesn't want to do a refund. You may get banned from Microcenter for life but its far easier for you to step out of the equation and let Microcenter and your credit card company fight, than you try to fight to get your money back.

and yeah its absolutely ludicrous you don't see that you are getting butt fucked and you need to cancel the entire thing asap, i thought that was obvious when you said you were paying $5k for a 6900XT pc

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I guess the other alternative is to charge back whatever card you used if possible? Never done that so not sure the options there or what the ramifications are. Something like AmEx usually has buyer protection features.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ask Alec, maybe he has a few left over. He's been blasting with a high accuracy rate recently

427a6a65-4a2a-42d6-8ebd-67fa9d116fbf_text.gif

Well played sir...

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just get your money back man.
This, its starting to remind me of the buying a painting thread. Multiple levels of letting himself get cucked and worked over. Then this drawn out strong of issues.

Not sure what they could do about it, but I think he's got enough documentation to just do a charge back and tell/ show bank the guarantee, how long it's been and bad communication.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
5950x Rebuild w/ EKWB
It's an overkill build no doubt but I can ship or faster than MC can build it 🤣🤣. I use it for TFT and wow when I do. I'd admittedly have to tweak it some to bring down cost but it was a fun year. I'd sell it to anyone since I do have another system and I won't ever do another overkill build on water since ekwb just racks up the bill.

case too big, 2/10.

Kiki

Log Wizard
He coulda ordered almost 2 full 3080 systems for that price. Random example:

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
People would get so many discounts of they always voiced their unhappiness. I guarantee you if you tossed a fit to the manager you'd get a discount AND building fee waived especially if you said you'd cancel the order otherwise.

100%

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
case too big, 2/10.

Compared to my Core P8 build it's small! I'm 6'2 with huge hands I can't do small cases, I did an o11 mini for gf tho and that's my limit.

Fractal Torrent
Gf build completed

• 1Like

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Honestly, the best thing anybody can do right now, is to get a different hobby for a few years and come back to it. Or don't fucking upgrade from your 1080TIs.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
They got me. I rolled into Microcenter earlier with a pre-build sheet already organized that had my budget decisions.

Around 3.9k

Long story short, I left the store 5,004 dollars light. I shouldn't have mentioned I was future-proofing. They went hard and used neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) to shame my decisions until I agreed to more and more. Example I said 850watt PSU should be sufficient, especially given AMD's efficiency. And he just did this killer pause while entering it into the screen and interjected, and then completely froze up like a mummy and passively resisted entering anything until he heard "yes more power". These guys are fucking good.

The PSU probably being the biggest example. A 1,300 watt Platinum and no-- I don't have a 3090 nor do I plan to have one anytime soon. Nor do I give a fuck about VR or 4k. They fucking got me.

View attachment 378187

They tried to sell me on a fucking 400 dollar AIO cooler. The most expensive one in the store. It took everything in me to shut it down. I bashed the temp display LED and said it wouldn't see any use. Close call. Still sweating bullets over what would have been a 6k rig. I was sure they were just going to slap me to the ground and take my credit card from me.
I have a 3090 , 1k psu, water cooled 5900x. I’ll sell it to you for 4.5k.