Office and gaming chairs

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Looking for a gaming chair dont need anything special the only thing that really matters to me is that its not too wide im a skinny dude so i want a more snug gaming chair if anyone has any recommendations post em here

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Absolutely. Just get a size C.

Shelled out for a Aeron, Posture Fit, Size C, in Carbon. Should be here in like 2 weeks. Anything has to be better than my current chair, my ass hurts.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
This is like gaming chair hate propaganda. I, and many others in this thread, are fans of Secretlab chairs.

I've never sat in a racing style chair, but his criticisms make sense to me.

I will admit I'm on the Aeron side of things. I got one a bit over a year ago and once I got the adjustments dialed in it is the best chair I've ever sat in.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't really like the Aeron in office settings. I always felt the front plastic piece dug into my legs too much and made it uncomfortable. I've been pretty tempted by some of their other lines though. I might get one in a few months. Hydraulics are dying on my current chair and it's annoying.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've never sat in a racing style chair, but his criticisms make sense to me.

I will admit I'm on the Aeron side of things. I got one a bit over a year ago and once I got the adjustments dialed in it is the best chair I've ever sat in.

If it's the review I saw before, he compares the Aeron with a DXRacer, no? I feel like Secretlab is on a totally different level than those "style" of chairs, even if they're technically in the same category.

I have to wait over a month for my chair to ship. Probably won't be here until Februaryish - fucking sucks.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
II think Herman Miller is trying to position themselves as gamer chairs as well. Almost every twitch channel I've been in recently the streamer has an Aeron.

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aeron is extremely comfortable if you bother to optimize all the settings for your own body dimensions. Got mine for $629! Best money I ever spent for my gaming.
From this article https://www.gamerzunite.com/what-to-look-when-choosing-the-best-gaming-chair i learn lot of things before buying my first gaming chair

Where did you get yours? I had an order through MadisonSeating but they aren't shipping till mid February for an order placed 12/28 so I cancelled.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are there any decent chairs that don't have god awful armrests? Even simple fabric/foam ones seem to be rarer than graphic cards these days.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Are there any decent chairs that don't have god awful armrests? Even simple fabric/foam ones seem to be rarer than graphic cards these days.
The basic Aeron armrests are padded pretty decently, but they have a rubber layer over them. The Aeron also has an option for leather arm pads - it's $130 in addition to whatever else you want on the chair. The Cosm, also from Herman Miller, has an option for these ergonomic mesh arms but I honestly don't know how comfortable they are.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You could just buy these. I’ve had them on my work chair for 3-4 years and there is no wear whatsoever. Pretty good for 40-50 work weeks for that long. Have them on my home chair too.

Mind Reader ARMREST2-BLK Pressure Relief for Lower Back, Arms, Non-Slip Orthopedic Ergonomically Cushion, Perfect for Office, Home, Car & More, Black Amazon product ASIN B07ZGFD5Y3

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Still no complaints from my Secretlab chair. Thing is rock solid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Forgot to post after getting Titan XL in black fabric. Took a pic of it next to a standard size trash tier chair.

The seat bottom was definitely stiff for a few weeks but has softened up and is very comfortable. I have also never had an office chair that raised high enough to not have my knees above my hips. I ended up raising my desk about 3” and buying a monitor arm to finish out the ergonomics.

My only minor gripe would be that the arm rests in the inner most position still felt a little wide and strange to get used to at first.

Attachments

• C831CD3C-F8A1-43A7-A54E-018806742A6D.jpeg
    C831CD3C-F8A1-43A7-A54E-018806742A6D.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Got a Titan XL on the way in April. B Behemoth Glad to hear the firmness didn't break the deal.

The Herman Miller Embody seems to have the best comfort and armrests but it has no neck rest. I won't pay 1600 for no upper support. The armrests look killer though. But again, thats a plastic chair its not a solid boy like the Titan. I might revisit it again if the Titan really sucks for me.

Mainly why I went with the Titan. Also got a lumbar wedge that was highly recommended to fix the ergonomics of the Titan XL. Its considered a missing piece of the puzzle and this particular wedge came highly recommended as a final piece to the Titan XL.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Still loving my Omega. The seat is still a bit firm, but not to the point of making my tailbone hurt anymore. It's nice to have a chair that I can set it high enough to have a comfortable arm position, but now my feet dangle too much. Any suggestions for a nice footrest?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Still loving my Omega. The seat is still a bit firm, but not to the point of making my tailbone hurt anymore. It's nice to have a chair that I can set it high enough to have a comfortable arm position, but now my feet dangle too much. Any suggestions for a nice footrest?

I bought one of these. Simple and effective.

Amazon product ASIN B0837CT43Z

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users