Pacific Rim

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, it was definitely retarded, and our governments are definitely retarded enough to make that realistic.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'm sure we still have some politicians supporting a stupid fence to keep out the brown people. Like, mexicans can't figure out how to get under/over/through a two thousand mile long fence. I'm for it solely on the premise of a job's program, but we'd have to hire mexicans to build it, and I'm sure the irony would be lost on its supporters.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Bro, Prometheus is critically acclaimed. Adam Sandler movies are not. You guys need to get over this

P.S. Adjusted for inflation, Waterboy, Big Daddy and The Longest Yard all have made in excess of $200M. Waterboy made $280M
Early Adam Sander movies are better than Prometheus, though.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The wall was a stupid idea on purpose, even the director says so. He apparently has a low opinion of government and the common man.

That said, anchoring nuclear mines around the breach seems like it would have been a sustainable plan for quite a while. Perhaps with a freeze tower in a 3x1 formation.

skalls_sl

shitlord
It had giant robots fighting giant monsters. I was sold on giant.

Yes the acting wasn't great, and there were some utterly retarded things going on (the wall, no fixed defensive positions/weaponry at the portal, and not knowing that gypsy had a freaking sword) but that's just standard fair for this type of movie.

Also, the 3D was very well done.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I concur... best part of imax 3d man of steel was the trailer for pacific rim in imax 3d. my wife hated the idea of the movie until we saw that. her response was that she immediately wanted to see pacific rim in imax 3d for our wedding anniversary.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
rob schneider films are adam sandler films that even adam sandler has too much dignity to do. prometheus wasnt that bad. the visuals by themselves are almost worth the price of admission, its too bad the rest of the movie wasnt.
tongue.png

EmiliaEQ_sl

shitlord
Early Adam Sander movies are better than Prometheus, though.
Sandler's movies are supposed to be a pile of shit, so you know what to expect, Prometheus was supposed to give answers or raise more questions... Instead we got the biggest fail in the history of Hollywood.
I don't understand why Pacific Rim gets so much hate, the trailer was "giant robots vs giant monsters" and it delivered, the plot was retarded, the casting horrible... but who cares... "giant robots vs giant monsters".

spronk

FPS noob
haha they need a 10 min recut of PR with just the robot and monsters fighting, i'd watch that shit every weekend

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
And for the first time in Movie History . . . WONT!

They still could have used that Honest trailer as the actual one for the film, would have gotten people in.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
You were cheering at a movie? What are you a bunch of fucking neanderthals? YEAAH MOVING PICTURES WOOO!! CLAP!
OMG people cheer at a movie. 1984 and I'm in a packed theater watching "The Karate Kid". The end scene when Daniel uses that ridiculous crane move to kick Joey Lawrence in the face, everyone in the damn theater stood up and cheered.

Please just go fuck off with your stupid ass opinions.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Finally got around to watching this as well. Gonna have to go with Lithose and a few others that while it was certainly entertaining and didn't pretend to be something it's not, it did seem like things were sometimes a little excessively and unnecessarily dumb here and there.

Will definitely watch the sequel.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Predator soundtrack?
Da dadadadada dadadadada
Cha cha cha

Not bad, but TMNT soundtrack is where it is.