Pacific Rim

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Atlantic Rim - its on Netflix. Your welcome.

I "reviewed" that movie much earlier in this thread. I watch a LOT of shitty television, and I couldn't even finish Atlantic Rim. I really can't even think of a worse movie, and I'm trying!

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I "reviewed" that movie much earlier in this thread. I watch a LOT of shitty television, and I couldn't even finish Atlantic Rim. I really can't even think of a worse movie, and I'm trying!
Prometheus?
wink.png

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I tried watching this one too because I enjoy "so terrible it's good" movies but this one was so bad it was beyond measure. Absolutely dreadful and not in an enjoyable way.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Is it possible for 8 helicopters to lift a jaeger off the ground?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Looks like the heaviest payload ever lifted with a helicopter was 15 tons (a Russian Mil-26 lifted a disabled Chinook in Afghanistan with a hook and ferried it back to base for repairs)

So 8 helicopters x 15 tons = 120 tons. Jaeger weighs 2000 tons?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Why werent the jaegers ever damaged after being smashed into buildings, thrown clear across a dock and crashing into concrete?

It seems like they were only damaged when the kaiju hit/bit them or that one time when it fell from stratosphere

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Because they are made of a steel/depleted uranium composite that is impact resistant to objects from our dimension. The kaiju possess a quite different quantum signature that dephases the molecular density of the jaeger.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
How is a Jaeger able to effectively fight under water?

Ever tried walking or throwing a punch under water?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
How is it that a Mark 5 Jaeger has a 6 missile battery in its chest that it uses to insta-kill any Kaiju - but they can't mount the missiles on coastal defense batteries or fighter jets?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
How is it that a Mark 5 Jaeger has a 6 missile battery in its chest that it uses to insta-kill any Kaiju - but they can't mount the missiles on coastal defense batteries or fighter jets?
They did on the coastal defense, and the jets are to small.