Pacific Rim

Empala_sl

shitlord
Shit son.

rustled-jimmies-4-bronwinningg-tumblr.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
GI Joe was shit, i couldnt even finish the first one. i hated transformers as well, never watched any of their sequels. Battleship was dumb as fuck, but it was a lot of fun. took me back to when i was a kid watching crappy sci fi films from the 50s on TV with my dad. in fact i saw Battleship with my dad and we both had a great time. your insults mean nothing because you have yet to answer my questions.

last time i ask and if you dont answer, then that means you are just a weak troll.

what specifically were you expecting from a movie about giant robots fighting sea monsters that you did not receive?

Column_sl

shitlord
My review is up top, I will not post it twice.

If you cant bother to move your fat fingers up 10 posts then you get nothing.

Everyone made fun of you on FOH for your shitty taste in movies. Are you really going to act like that doesn't exist because you moved to a new board...

Story, and setting are just a backdrop. Characters are what people are ultimately invested in even if that character is inanimate.
Those characters need interesting dialogue, and the pacing of a film must be seemless.

You can stick two people in a empty room, and if you are invested in them you will watch whatever scenario that is playing out.

Iron Giant wasnt amazing because it was a giant robot, and its owner. It was amazing because the characters endured themselves to the audience through exceptional writing..

So this whole excuse of its just giant robots, and sea monsters what else do you need is utter horseshit.

Column_sl

shitlord
Negs, just means I don't want to play nice with you sheep, and you guys can't handle it.
Why would I want to be a part of your retard army, I oppose you.

the path to 100 demands it.

now SILENCE!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My review is up top, I will not post it twice.

If you cant bother to move your fat fingers up 10 posts then you get nothing.

Everyone made fun of you on FOH for your shitty taste in movies. Are you really going to act like that doesn't exist because you moved to a new board...

Story, and setting are just a backdrop. Characters are what people are ultimately invested in even if that character is inanimate.
Those characters need interesting dialogue, and the pacing of a film must be seemless.

You can stick two people in a empty room, and if you are invested in them you will watch whatever scenario that is playing out.

Iron Giant wasnt amazing because it was a giant robot, and its owner. It was amazing because the characters endured themselves to the audience through exceptional writing..

So this whole excuse of its just giant robots, and sea monsters what else do you need is utter horseshit.
i have seen Iron Giant about a dozen times, its a fabulous movie. its kind of an unofficial pixar film. a lot of its charm comes from its rich animation and direction. its a family film so its supposed to tingle your feels. i guess you bring this movie up because it had a robot in it and was directed by somebody else? pacific rim had good character building. not great, but it took the effort. they incorporated asian chick, idris elba, ron goldman and gaiju tattoo nerd quite well into the story. the only sore spot is the star, he is just a terrible actor and no amount of character building will ever make you look past his terrible performances. but while the movie centers around him, thank fuck the movie is not about him. its about giant robots vs giant sea monsters.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im not even defending it that hard, im just saying the movie delivered what it said it would and quite well. in every category cept the star lead had a miscast actor. Ron Goldman should have starred, but thats just my preference.

Golt_sl

shitlord
im not even defending it that hard, im just saying the movie delivered what it said it would and quite well. in every category cept the star lead had a miscast actor. RonGoldmanshould have starred, but thats just my preference.
Just out of curiousity, are you intentionally messing up Ron Perlman's name for some reason? I assume it's him you're talking about. You've done it twice in a row now and i'm wondering if it's like some inside joke i'm unaware of
tongue.png

As far as the movie, i was highly entertained and I'm glad i saw it in theaters /shrug.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just out of curiousity, are you intentionally messing up Ron Perlman's name for some reason? I assume it's him you're talking about. You've done it twice in a row now and i'm wondering if it's like some inside joke i'm unaware of
tongue.png
If it's Astr0 always assumed stupidity before cleverness.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
astr0 hasnt gotten over the OJ thing still

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
tongue.png

As far as the movie, i was highly entertained and I'm glad i saw it in theaters /shrug.
lol i have a problem remembering his name. Sometimes i will put ron coleman. . Sorry. No oj joke. Im just tarded sometimes with names.
smile.png

Cybsled

Del Toro opening to Simpsons Halloween episode. There is a Jaeger fighting a Kaiju in the background at one point, as well as a ton of other Sci-Fi/Horror stuff ;p

khalid

Unelected Mod
I don't get why Araysar didn't like Pacific Rim. To me it has the pros and cons of many things in Prometheus which he loves.

In Pacific Rim and Prometheus, the special effects are all incredible. The monsters in both films just feel real, they seem to move and react like actual creatures do. They almost seem to have personality. The action is intense and you genuinely feel for some of the characters. While the performances are mixed, you do have some really standout performances from some of the cast.

On the other hand, both films suffer from absurdly silly plot holes all over the place. The scientists don't act like scientists at all, in fact it is hard to believe that any of the "scientists" actually took a real science class in their entire life. They act stupid and impulsive and do things that defy all logic.

So even though I did enjoy both films, I feel like both films could have been vastly superior if someone had put even a mediocre effort into making either of the plots work together. Instead, we got two decently enjoyable action movies were we could have had quality sci-fi up to the level of Aliens or Terminator 2.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Well, the publicity going up to it was. However, the movie itself is no more serious than Pacific Rim to me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when pacific rim comes out on video they will not need to make a special edition to explain all the nonsensical shit in the theatrical cut. there is no part of pacific rim where you go, wha?

smile.png