Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

iannis

Musty Nester
He embezzled what little startup money he had to pay his rent and he wasn't subtle about doing it.

If that oldschool MMO ever gets made (and it might, who knows) Brad McQuaid will have nothing to do with it. The man is a self-glorifying cancer. 20 years ago he probably did some good work. He's been paid for that many times over.

His current team of pro-am modders would be best served just ditching him. Lets say the impossible happens and they do manage to finish a mmo platform and it's actually good. What do they think is going to happen to the money? I can tell you exactly what will happen to the money if it goes through his hands at any point.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well they've hired a few people including a legit artist so the money appears to be going in the right places.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Well they've hired a few people including a legit artist so the money appears to be going in the right places.
What few people have they hired? We don't know that they are getting paid for any of the work, they could working be on spec or for a piece of the pie in the future etc. The about us section hasn't been update since May 30 but it actually looks like they have lost people, the only new name is JP Targete but Radash (one of the people who was listed as a programmer) is gone.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ben is back doing PR. I don't know if JP is going to work for free. Artist typically don't in this industry. Certainly not one with his resume and skill

Mur_sl

shitlord
Ben is back doing PR. I don't know if JP is going to work for free. Artist typically don't in this industry. Certainly not one with his resume and skill
I take it he isn't the guy that gave us the awesome Dwarf concept art then. Cause dem Dorfs! Laudy Laudy.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
The key thing with making an MMO is not the engine and building/scripting stuff. It's making sure your client is talking with the server which are both talking to the database properly. That's the real difficult part. The network engineering is going to make or break any game that wants a lot of people on at the same time. That's why a lot of survival "MMOS" are like 20-30 people tops.
Disagree completely -- lore is obviously more important. Why else do you think Brad McQuaid, one of the few remaining Gaming Gods, has dedicated such an extreme amount of manpower towards lore? Combat engine and netcode are trivial things that will fill themselves in later on in development.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I wish kyn would come back. We need more funny in this thread. You guys are too bitter.
Lol, I think they are pretty funny myself sometimes(PSD). Some of the jokes have gotten old but the funniest part is the enduring hope. It just doesn't get old. I now know how Jim Jones worked his magic.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, I think they are pretty funny myself sometimes(PSD). Some of the jokes have gotten old but the funniest part is the enduring hope. It just doesn't get old. I now know how Jim Jones worked his magic.
You're not on the alpha invite list!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
You're not on the alpha invite list!
That's just not nice!
wink.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Truth hurts.
Sizzle... Going back to the update, I enjoyed it. I like how they showed the transformation of the race with the lore. We need more of that. I know you fags are too cool to give credit when it's due, but it I enjoyed none the less.