Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Are you pulling a Bran Stark and looking in the future again? First in for 2035! Necro will definitely be in by then right? Right?

in 2035, pantheon is still in beta
brad looks like this
tapped_out_reclusive_mr-_burns.png

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I created my account a little while back, not specifically to post those videos. And no, I did not create them. I don't know how I "pulled the pin on a grenade and ran out the back door". I've seen a lot of talk on here recently about progress and graphics, those videos were made about a week ago so I figured people may be interested in seeing them. This is a Pantheon forum... sorry for posting a video about Pantheon?

And to everyone saying "of course devs are going to say graphics will be better, they say that shit all the time" - it's a good point and I completely agree with you. I don't know how it's going to turn out, and neither do you. But some people are excited that this game might actually follow through with their vision and turn out to be good. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm disappointed in the delayed pre-alpha, but if we do get to that stage then I think it will address a lot of peoples concerns.

Quit smoking crack.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh. ok then

Brad McQuaid is a clueless little bitch who's probably snorting your founders pledge off some hookers tits in a crack den right now. Pantheon looks like complete shit and if you ever think it's going to see the light of day then you're a fucking retard.

Did i do good?
This guy is Admin material.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Oh. ok then

Brad McQuaid is a clueless little bitch who's probably snorting your founders pledge off some hookers tits in a crack den right now. Pantheon looks like complete shit and if you ever think it's going to see the light of day then you're a fucking retard.

Did i do good?

Now we're talking.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Don't let Trollnayan and the Jaded Six bring you down bro! FIGHT BACK!

• 2Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They hired a bunch of people in August that don't actually code or make anything that progresses development of the game. Welcome aboard!

(inb4 mad product managers)

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Yah, who needs project managers in multi year software development projects anyway ! Just set more devs loose to code shit and they will figure it all out themselves right? lol

See: The Mythical Man Month

For a small, young and mostly inexperienced team they (VR) will have more difficulty scaling up their development efforts than if they had seasoned professionals. So adding more devs would be even more detrimental, faster, than keeping the team small & slow. Their project manager appears to have Bachelor's and Master’s Degrees in Anthropology which might make scaling things up even more challenging than usual.

Mind you at this rate and team size who knows how big and polished a game they can finish before money runs out. And in the absence of new demos/streams the sound of those crickets is certainly deafening.

• 2Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There are so many professionally qualified tech CEOs in this thread. It's outrageous how much talent visits FoH just for Pantheon news.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yah, who needs project managers in multi year software development projects anyway ! Just set more devs loose to code shit and they will figure it all out themselves right? lol

For a small, young and mostly inexperienced team they (VR) will have more difficulty scaling up their development efforts than if they had seasoned professionals. So adding more devs would be even more detrimental, faster, than keeping the team small & slow. Their project manager appears to have Bachelor's and Master’s Degrees in Anthropology which might make scaling things up even more challenging than usual.

Mind you at this rate and team size who knows how big and polished a game they can finish before money runs out. And in the absence of new demos/streams the sound of those crickets is certainly deafening.

I think Pantheon is far enough away from release not to be a case for the Mythical Man Month.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
There are so many professionally qualified tech CEOs in this thread. It's outrageous how much talent visits FoH just for Pantheon news.
I mean I only post here while my man servant is driving me between my vaults of gold coins

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
. . .
So adding more devs would be even more detrimental, faster, than keeping the team small & slow. Their project manager appears to have Bachelor's and Master’s Degrees in Anthropology which might make scaling things up even more challenging than usual.
. . .

This idea boils down to: The amount of work one programmer can do in one month will take two programmers two months. I'm certain the addition of an Anthropologist as a Project Manager will at least double the length of time required to do that same amount of work.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This idea boils down to: The amount of work one programmer can do in one month will take two programmers two months. I'm certain the addition of an Anthropologist as a Project Manager will at least double the length of time required to do that same amount of work.

But it really only applies when trying to hit deadlines and other short term goals. If you're two years out from release, the loss of time in getting someone up to speed will be more than offset from their extra productivity after that period.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!

Considering they've actually hired from this forum...

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users