Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not even that. What if one of the best cleric HoT is locked behind a long quest chain that requires multiple group targets and is rewuired to get the upgraded version in the current expansion. No one is going to want to go back and do it a year later for a new player or some cleric alt.
So you do what WoW does all the time, you change the requirements like 6 months later. Once stuff is no longer bleeding edge content you make it more accessible.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Neckbeards have two choices, help the newfags get their spells and gear or make it easier after content is old. Seems like an easy choice.
Fight against both options then complain when the population dies and they can't recruit people with all their requirements for raids?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably?

Third option is don't add in the stupid restrictions EQ did so at some point people can just go solo Vox instead of teleporting you out if your level is too high.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Probably?

Third option is don't add in the stupid restrictions EQ did so at some point people can just go solo Vox instead of teleporting you out if your level is too high.
You forgot neckbeards don't want instancing, so one of them will be perma-camped at vox killing her abd selling loot rights or just letting them rot.

You are forgetting MMO neckbeards are scum of the world.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Fight against both options then complain when the population dies and they can't recruit people with all their requirements for raids?

This forum would have died an early death if people didn't like to complain. Some other options; lord over the plebs, bitch and moan after the game gets easier and then have a built in excuse for when it fails? Three to six box when no one wants to play with you or your draconian standards? Tried and true formulas since at least EQ.

• 1Worf

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You forgot neckbeards don't want instancing, so one of them will be perma-camped at vox killing her abd selling loot rights or just letting them rot.

You are forgetting MMO neckbeards are scum of the world.
Nah, I didn't forget that. Once content is outdated you just up the spawn rate to ensure the price plummets. Let the chinese gold farmer fucks bitch.

You can make an old school MMO but still borrow some ideas from Blizzard. They don't have more subs by a factor of 25 more then any other MMO because their shit sucks.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It sucks for me and caters to a larger casual audience

Not what I want in Pantheon

• 1Barf

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
So you do what WoW does all the time, you change the requirements like 6 months later. Once stuff is no longer bleeding edge content you make it more accessible.
There's really no reason to change it though because it's self regulating. As new content is introduced, older content becomes less contested and general player power increases as older top end gear is redistributed.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
There's really no reason to change it though because it's self regulating. As new content is introduced, older content becomes less contested and general player power increases as older top end gear is redistributed.
Yeah but remember in "your world" it isn't about levels and you want people to have to grind through content for unlocks and eliminate levels. You want people to have to do VT keys and VP keys and multiple flag quests that are not skippable. Everything is open world and not instanced and you expect the "community" to police that correctly.

Any moron that feels that way should take one glance at the recent issues that Agnarr had with the VP key.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather

It's stupid, but I enjoy farming old raids in WoW for example, especially raids from last expansion that offer some sort of solo challenge as a player. I've seen all those bosses before and I don't really care if someone that is 10 years late goes in and 1shots Nefarian.

Dullahan

Yeah but remember in "your world" it isn't about levels and you want people to have to grind through content for unlocks and eliminate levels. You want people to have to do VT keys and VP keys and multiple flag quests that are not skippable. Everything is open world and not instanced and you expect the "community" to police that correctly.

Any moron that feels that way should take one glance at the recent issues that Agnarr had with the VP key.
The problem with Agnar stemmed from funneling a massive population into one server when they would have normally filled 3 or more, then failing to instance the ground spawn zones. Par for the course for windbreak games.

• 1Picard

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The problem with Agnar stemmed from funneling a massive population into one server when they would have normally filled 3 or more, then failing to instance the ground spawn zones. Par for the course for windbreak games.
The amount of people on Agnarr is nowhere near a game breaking population. The issue stemmed from the fact that there is always that percentage of people that

a.) Will grief all the people around them no matter what
b.) Will assume that all content is for them and pursue it
c.) Will find a way to profit from the needs of others on the server

You can bring up krono or something else maybe as a potential issue. The population though is not the issue. Quests like this will always be contentious and you have to plan well ahead of it. This was a key to a zone where you need a raid and the loot is not that great and will be replaced at a known schedule. Think about there being a game like Pantheon that is strictly open world and a quest like this. If it slows down any other guild by you cock blocking a quest line they are going to do it and fuck anyone from getting to it.

I really am not sure if you played EQ at any kind of bleeding edge level. You are naively unaware of what was involved in EQ when it came to raiding (end game). I know you claim to have played both blue and red servers but to me your usage of those terms makes it sound more like you did P99 and never played Live expansions until well after they added instancing and removed any cockblocks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How many players were on Agnarr, or is Whoever-is-running-EQ-now still hiding that number?

I remember Solusek Ro had well over 2000 people online during peak before Verant turned the numbers off.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The amount of people on Agnarr is nowhere near a game breaking population. The issue stemmed from the fact that there is always that percentage of people that

You can bring up krono or something else maybe as a potential issue. The population though is not the issue. Quests like this will always be contentious and you have to plan well ahead of it. This was a key to a zone where you need a raid and the loot is not that great and will be replaced at a known schedule. Think about there being a game like Pantheon that is strictly open world and a quest like this. If it slows down any other guild by you cock blocking a quest line they are going to do it and fuck anyone from getting to it.

I really am not sure if you played EQ at any kind of bleeding edge level. You are naively unaware of what was involved in EQ when it came to raiding (end game). I know you claim to have played both blue and red servers but to me your usage of those terms makes it sound more like you did P99 and never played Live expansions until well after they added instancing and removed any cockblocks.
I remember beinv in a pleb guild and the top guild killing aary for us and letting us do a few dragons in NToV

Dullahan

First of all, Agnarr had way more people than a normal EQ server. The game was like 2k max capacity, and Agnar was probably at 5x that (dunno about now).

The issues you are describing were way less prominent on live. The reason being, only a small fraction usually 5-10% of the playerbase of any mmo is the hardcore type that would waste time farming vp key pieces to profit or grief others. On Agnarr, that 5-10% is more like 50-75%, which is in no way comparable to live or a new server or game like Pantheon. Those beards will be scattered across a dozen or more servers and while they may congregate in greater numbers on one or two, having multiple servers will easily resolve the problem.

PS. I raided on two servers, for a while simultaneously, on live during classic-velious.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not a jab at you in particular, but does anyone really care about who raided what in EQ 18 years ago?

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Half you people are drunk on nostalgia like the 72 year old dude who constantly tells everyone about how older cars were better, then dies out hypothermia out in the woods when he's driving his classic car and it breaks down in the middle of no where.

The other half are dreaming harder than DACA recipients and the DNC.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users