Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Still not convinced this will ever release and if it does release it's obvious It will be a turd. Carry on

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Still not convinced this will ever release and if it does release it's obvious It will be a turd. Carry on

This is moving slow as fuck. Look at what Ashes of Creation has done in about a quarter of the time (this genre sucks, so they'll probably both be shit).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
200w.gif

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is moving slow as fuck. Look at what Ashes of Creation has done in about a quarter of the time (this genre sucks, so they'll probably both be shit).

That doesn't really seem like a fair comparison. One of those projects is headed by a guy with a history of financial success in a couple different businesses, who self-funded a video game studio and laid the foundation for a very healthy kickstarter campaign by creating a professional looking demo and presented the work that was well underway in a professional looking manner. The other project, Pantheon, is headed by a guy that got lucky as fuck once 20 years ago when he was part of a team that copied their favorite MUDs but with 3D graphics, and he's been trying to get lucky again (and failing) ever since. I don't even need to go into how much of a amateurish shit show that kickstarter was.

A much more appropriate comparison, imo, would be Pantheon vs Project Gorgon, which has been in development for ever and might actually be finished someday.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got to see this in action, a friend is in the pre-alpha and it was hot tonight.

I have fricking seen. It was glorious. I never thought I would type that shit, 'I have seen Pantheon gameplay', yet here it is.

I can't even believe this shit is functional. Didn't get to see much, but it was enough to realize that this is going to be my life when it launches. My first impression was, 'Vanguard lives again'.

Fucking Pantheon. It's real and it works. Unbelievable.

• 1Barf

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Fucking Pantheon. It's real and it works.

Marketing, Stamp this shit on the game box.

I have no doubt the game works, I just don't see it lasting for more then 2 months. I look at a game like Wildstar. That game was a polished (yes yes there were bugs), very hyped, fully functional MMO, with challenging game-play. And it tanked. A lot of MMOs have been like this. What chance does Pantheon think it has.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Marketing, Stamp this shit on the game box.

I have no doubt the game works, I just don't see it lasting for more then 2 months. I look at a game like Wildstar. That game was a polished (yes yes there were bugs), very hyped, fully functional MMO, with challenging game-play. And it tanked. A lot of MMOs have been like this. What chance does Pantheon think it has.

Wildstar didn't have the strength of Autism though. That's the difference.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Garbage 1 button macro combat,

Setting up combat macros and crying about combat macros making it bad is akin to spamming fast travel everywhere in the fallout/elder scrolls games and crying about how fast travel ruins the game. Basically, you're an idiot.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Just catching up on this thread. I have to say I'm happy Brad got the grass right.

brad.jpeg

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I got to see this in action, a friend is in the pre-alpha and it was hot tonight.

I have fricking seen. It was glorious. I never thought I would type that shit, 'I have seen Pantheon gameplay', yet here it is.

I can't even believe this shit is functional. Didn't get to see much, but it was enough to realize that this is going to be my life when it launches. My first impression was, 'Vanguard lives again'.

Fucking Pantheon. It's real and it works. Unbelievable.

I love this type of fan fiction.

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love this type of fan fiction.

His post does seem kind of over the top with with a dash of sarcasm.

First time Ive heard of Project Gorgon. Why are they spending time and money to recreate asherons call inside of everquest with EQ classic graphics? tf.

Dont even get me started on Wildstar. If you disregard that grindy ass leveling system (I have never been so relieved in my life to reach max level) - you still had to do dungeons with randoms. People were dropping out of the game so quickly, that it was hard to even get a group of guild members to do it. Even then, they would be new to the dungeon. Trying to ace that dungeon? Well you're fucked cause johnny just missed the one inch circle of safety in the room of death. Im not going to say it was too hard, but the regular version didnt prepare you for shit.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
The problem with this thread it has too many cow worshipers discussing a steak house.

• 1Picard

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I've been following Project Gorgon a long time and to my understanding, it started with two people and slow expanded in a small team. I just think it looks kinda rough. Don't look too deep into this next comment but I think Pantheon, at least the environments, look a bit more inspired to me. I'm hoping for Pantheon myself. I'm still not sure how much faith I have in it and that's not to say in release but will the gameplay really be what we think it will be. I'm sure the game will release but in what state and who will they listen to as they tweak/change the game?

• 1Picard

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
This feels alot like following Vanguard from when it was announced. Hope they don't end up in a parking lot.This looks interesting, but so did Conan, swtor etc etc.

Last edited: